Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 WAR OF 1812 BATTLE PACK

Default NTW3 WAR OF 1812 BATTLE PACK

Soon after our NTW3 update our brand new series of 2 battlepack of the wars in the Americas

The series will include :

1_War of 1812 (final stages, battlefields constructions)

2_South American war of independance (research stage)

Here some test shots for you to enjoy.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    US MARINES

CUSTOMIZED EQUIPMENT

ALL NEW ATLASES

ROYAL NAVY ARTILLERY

MILITIAS AND RANGERS

GREAT NEW UNITS

TARTAN PANTS AINT ONLY FOR GOLF

MORE PICTURES HERE
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...5/screenshots/

Aprox. release date: January 1st
    Last edited by [N]Fullin; November 17, 2011 at 09:26 PM.

Default Re: NTW3 WAR OF 1812 BATTLE PACK

I hope that the USA will be available in a separate game mode.

2_South American war of independance (research stage) is more interesting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziuk View Post
    I hope that the USA will be available in a separate game mode.
    Why ? Wouldn't you like to see some battles between poles and americans ?

Great job Fullin !

Promo pick added.

Is it possible to import Indians from ETW without complications?

warpath for ETW is scripted...but i can import some minutemen....
    Last edited by [N]Fullin; September 28, 2011 at 11:55 AM.

Mmmmm this looks good

Looks like a great mod.
    Hopefully there will be some mp maps like Queenston Heights, Lundy's Lane and New Orleans.

This is epic! Can't wait.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Yay, nice to see that you expand your mod also to other scenarios!

Looks like a great mod.
    Hopefully there will be some mp maps like Queenston Heights, Lundy's Lane and New Orleans.
    ATM

Horseshoe Bend
    Tipecanoe
    Chippewa
    Raisin River

Wow! I am very curious about SA wars of independence. Hope for some units with machete

Youll be very disapointed as none fought with machetes.
    the units of south american were very napoleonic.... when the british landed with beresford in Bueneos Aires in 1806 , he was met by Hussars and line infantry.
    And when Bolivar and San Martin liberated America from Spanish rule they did it with Chasseurs , Grenadiers and Dragoons....
    Although the scale was similar to the wars of 1812 in America, there was a lot more variety of units involve...
    It will be beautiful I promise....even without machetes....lol

Hey Guys

This looks promising, and I'll be sure to download it when it is available! Nonetheless, I'm concerned about the uniforms I see (especially those worn by the Crown Forces). Might I ask what are your references? For example, the Glengarry Light Infantry should be in the same uniform as the 95th "Rifles" save for black cross belts (http://www.cmhg.gc.ca/cmh/image-296-eng.asp?page_id=364). Also, the 93rd "Highlanders" should have yellow facings and the Royal Marine Artillery should be in blue uniforms with "Belgic" shakos just like the Royal Artillery.

Have I jumped the gun here?

Anyway, I can't wait to see the finished product!

EK

Thank you for the input, its always nice to hear ppls critics. It means they are looking , they know and they care.

The difference in the colour for the Glengarry is due to material shortage, as for all troops through out the conflict.
    They were originally commissioned to wear Highlander uniforms, and then changed to rifles.... these materials restrictions , give us modders, room to play a little with the uniforms , without getting them wrong.

the 93rd will have yellow facings. when atlas is finished. you are correct.

Royal Marine Artillery....hmmmm

Thank you Sir

Royal Marine Artillery

Royal Marines were trained in the use of artillery. Aboard ship during combat, those Marines not assigned to guard details or sharp-shooting duties worked the great guns alongside the sailors. Marines also handled the guns aboard the bomb vessels and rocket ship used to bombard Ft. McHenry. While exercising the guns, the RMA were allowed to wear a blue fatigue jacket with red collar and cuffs along with grey trousers. This was done to hide the smoke and grime especially from the rockets. While not on the guns, the uniform is the same as our own.

Two of our members own Artillery pieces and occasionally we get to play artillery under their command with each member trained at any of the positions on the gun.
    http://home.comcast.net/~1812RoyalMarines/uniform.htm

Good work ,keep it going.

Dear [N]Fullin

Thank you for replying to my inquiry so quickly. I asked before which sources are you using for information about uniforms? You mention material shortages for the Glengarry Light Infantry. As far as I am aware, for most of the war this was not an issue for this particular battalion. In fact, British North America was better supplied with uniforms etc. than the British forces in the Peninsula. As for the Highland uniforms, they were never formally adopted, and never issued. The only element of highland dress that they adopted that can be substantiated is the wearing of the officer's sash over the right shoulder (and this was not practiced by all officers of the battalion). One good place to start would be http://www.warof1812.ca/gli.htm. As for "room to play a little" if you are really intending to make an historically accurate modification, you should refrain from extravagant leaps from the source materials.

As for your comment: "Royal Marine Artillery....hmmmm"; that's an image of Royal Marine Infantry, not Artillery. Perhaps if you do a little research first, you won't make such blatant errors in the future, and won't be so dismissive of another person's attempt to raise a valid concern.

EK

Quote Originally Posted by EKWardle View Post
    Dear [N]Fullin

As for your comment: "Royal Marine Artillery....hmmmm"; that's an image of Royal Marine Infantry, not Artillery. Perhaps if you do a little research first, you won't make such blatant errors in the future, and won't be so dismissive of another person's attempt to raise a valid concern.

EK
    I just dont get some folks.

Ill post again my answer so as to get things going nicely.

starts like this
    Thank you for the input, its always nice to hear ppls critics. It means they are looking , they know and they care.
    and follows like this....
    the 93rd will have yellow facings. when atlas is finished. you are correct.
    So please , point me out the dismissive?

You ask me to show my sources, and so I posted a picture. As you may think that the one in the picture is me and my brother in brown color uniforms...here is the link to this source.

http://glengarrylightinfantry.ca/index.php

Then starts the lecture accusing me of ..." batalant errors" , "do some research " all because I questioned your all mighty wisdom about royal marine artillery....?

I posted a plate where clearly states that the Artillery uniform was as I did it.....that was my source...of course it can be wrong....

So as you raised concern about it , I started investigating even further into it.

And so I posted and image , showing that you might be right about it ...with a link as well.

What kind of a dismissive person does that?

Did you give us any sources , aside your trustworthy word?

...if you do , that will be a lot of help . So we can get it right.

I should have llisten to my father when he told me:

...the best way of not being criticized is to do nothing....

Batalant error = wrong Artillery jacket and hat.

Whats wrong with you ppl.?
    Last edited by [N]Fullin; September 30, 2011 at 06:49 PM.

I found your original response to me rather flippant, and I took offense. I should not have seen your post in that light, and should have waited until my annoyance wore off before I responded. Quick responses tend to breed bad feelings on the internet, and I should have known better. I apologize.

Consider, though, that in addressing my issue with your interpretation of the Royal Marine Artillery, you seemed to brush it off and referred to a modern illustration (without citing it as part of a published work or website). So I felt I was being dismissed out of hand.

Your quote from the Royal Marine reenactment website was refreshing, however, in that you took an additional step to demonstrate that you are taking your modification quite seriously. I happen to know several of the reenactors from this group, and have much respect for them. Furthermore, they've acquired a lot of their research on the material culture of the Royal Marines from noted historian James Kochan.

Now, in regards to my original statement that the Royal Marine Artillery wore uniforms similar to those of the Royal Artillery, I took that information from an article by George A. Snook from a 1966 issue of the Military Collector and Historian (volume 18, pages 122-123).

Now as for your source for the Glengarry Light Infantry, you provided an image of Glengarry Light Infantry reenactors at Fort Erie National Historic Site. I'm rather familiar with that group; many members have been reenacting for 20 or more years. Now they're a good group, however, how they've interpreted their uniform is questionable. For example, the cut of their uniform appears to be based on outdated research (the fact that they have turnbacks to their skirts and using flat white trim on their facings instead of the narrow "feathering" that should be done with the trim). As I mentioned in my original post, the Glengarry Light Infantry should be in a uniform identical to the 95th, right down to the green trousers.

I don't think I've asked you to take my word for anything, or if I've left you with that impression, know that I think everyone should do their research and come up with the most informed conclusions they can.

In my original post, I cited a small passage accompanied by an illustration by Garry Embleton (http://www.cmhg.gc.ca/cmh/image-296-eng.asp?page_id=364) from the Canadian Military Heritage Gateway, which is a government website in association with the Canadian War Museum. In my second post, I referred to another webpage (http://www.warof1812.ca/gli.htm) administered by Robert Henderson, a noted War of 1812 historian and former curator with Parks Canada. This particular article is co-authored by Rene Chartrand, who was a senior curator with Parks Canada for nearly three decades and is the author of many articles and books, including a number of Osprey titles. One in particular may help you in your modification. It's called British Forces in North America 1793-1815 (Men-at-Arms 319). He has also authored a new work on the subject of British uniforms during the War of 1812 that will be released by Service Publications (http://www.servicepub.com) next month. It's called A Scarlet Coat: Uniforms, Flags and Equipment of the British Forces in the War of 1812.

Due to my quick temper, I`ve certainly left you with a poor impression of me. I understand if you chose to dismiss everything I`ve just written, but I would legitimately like you to produce a good modification!

You and the other members of Lordz have done terrific work and will continue to push the potential of Napoleon Total War to its full limits.

I`ve seen too many people jump to conclusions based on problematic interpretation of sources, and that`s what led to my concern (and perhaps poor forum etiquette).

Kind regards,

EK

Thanks for that.
    Bare in mind, i dont really know you, and as youve said , the internet tends to confuse someones expressions...

I was doubting your info on the Marines, because.........why not?
    Doubting is the primal step in the search for knowledge.

my Hmmmm was a doubting sound...like... "lets check that out".
    And so I went out there looking for more info.

Anyway...water under the bridge.

Ok , knowing now that we both meant well...

Phillip Haythonrthwhite in Nelsons Navy says that the smoke tended to soil the red uniform of the Navy artillery, thats why they were allowed to purchase blue, and the blue uniform was only commissioned for all troops in 1816. Prior to that , they would wear red off duty and blue in combat.

Whatever the fact , the ones in game should be wearing blue.....but as for the belgic shakos....? i still need more research and info about it.

Glengarry Light were originally recruited from Scottish colonies, my assumption that their musicians played the bagpipes was to add some color to the unit.
    But if it definitive proof as they didnt , I take them out, no problem.

At the Lordz we were always committed to portrait mods as historically accurate as possible, given the limitations of game engines and graphics. Some gaps and lack of data in our research information, is due to the vast scope of features we have to develop.

Thats why we post our stuff out before releasing it.
    As we speak , Iam posting the newly finish polish army for the upcoming patch, with corrected uniforms for all 20 units.

We need you guys to keep us on our toes.
    Thats how we get better.

...Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing...
    Euripides

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast