Thread: Which factions hardest to play

Default Which factions hardest to play

I wanted to play roman, but they looked rather easy. Am I wrong? I started as Burgundii, and am sitting tight, but the Visigoths are savaging the romans by turn 50, owning most of gaul and spain.

So, anyone have any insight as to which factions are hardest to play?
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Which factions hardest to play

Due to their strategic position the Mauri are the most difficult. The WRE faction may seem easy at first, but you will be almost bancrupt by turn two if you don't manage your resources carefully, the Hunni are about to invade you, you are at war with the Vandali, and don't trust the barbarians at your doorstep. The Suebi and Visighots have plenty of potential to expand their position, and the Burgundians are suuronded by roman lands, so you must declare war on the most powerful nation in the west.

Cheers.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Which factions hardest to play

I agree with the Mauri faction

The wre is not that easy to play. You will run out of money if you are not careful. The wre will eventually be fighting the huns, vandals and burgundians at the same time.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond