Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effect of new ROTS patch?

Baldos's Avatar Tiro

Default Effect of new ROTS patch?

Any reports on the effects of the new patch (27Sep2001) that Steam is downloading right now?

This is the patch that goes with ROTS (Rise of the Samurai) but loads automaticly even if you don't buy ROTS. It changes unit stats, charge values, limits units....

I will continue me game today and report in....

Default Re: Effect of new ROTS patch?

Well,the game works.There is no CTD.I don't know if there are any more problems.I must play more.

DarthMod should still over write the majority of the game, the only reason it wouldn't is if CA has added more features/code etc. Unit Stats in the original game should keep Darth Mod stats. In theory...

Baldos's Avatar Tiro

So far no problems played my Tokugawa from spring 1560 to summer 1562....
    will now down load the TOTs DLC.

DM still works fine, and the AI and Graphics seems better too.

I've had some great battles, especially siege battles. The changes seem to work synergistically with DMS thus far.
    What do we say to the God of Death? Not today.

Question for you guys with the DLC - can you keep DMS installed and play the new campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by alexjs View Post
    Question for you guys with the DLC - can you keep DMS installed and play the new campaign?
    Yes you can, no incompatibilities.

I noticed that the unit penetration seems to be back to vanilla. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Last edited by Waffles_SS; September 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffles_SS View Post
    I noticed that the unit penetration seems to be back to vanilla. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Now that you mention it , yes !

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

You sure about the penetrations? At least missiles in the normal campaigns are unaffected as I'm still in my legendary campaign; though not quite sure about melee.

But the 'loose formation' button is missing with DMS installed. Removed every single mod, verified the game cache and checked out some custom battle and the button was available. Installed DMS afterwards (only the core file + user.script change) and the ability was gone again. Didn't tested it in RotS yet, as the campaign length seems rather short and I'm still waiting for some mod

Baldos's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by alexjs View Post
    Yes, after the patch & DLC I played a few years of RotS just start STW2 not DMS.

Then I continued my DMS Tokugawa game ( started prior to patch& DLC) without any problems at all

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    But the 'loose formation' button is missing with DMS installed. Removed every single mod, verified the game cache and checked out some custom battle and the button was available. Installed DMS afterwards (only the core file + user.script change) and the ability was gone again. Didn't tested it in RotS yet, as the campaign length seems rather short and I'm still waiting for some mod
    Ah, I noticed that in a battle last night (poor ashigaru got turned into pincushions faster than normal), but I didn't think it was because of DMS. Nice catch.

I'm sure about the penetration. Units are back to being lined up laser straight and in exactly the same way. Both in my old and new campaigns.

You sure about the penetrations? At least missiles in the normal campaigns are unaffected as I'm still in my legendary campaign; though not quite sure about melee.

True, my loose formation button is missing too?

can;t play online anymore even with people who have darth-mod and all the same set of mods running.

I was busy and could not overlook the forum here. I will see how I can adapt the new DLC.
    Can you tell me briefly what other submods of DMS are updated as well? If you know. This will save me time.

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Don't know about specific sub-mods, as I'm using only DMS core + the oda-alliance/vassal (1640) mod (still working as I just started another campaign).

Though 2 things that doesn't work with enabled DMS:
    - 'vanilla' campaign: all units missing the ability to loose their formation
    - RotS campaign: YOU (!) can not build samurai light ships (you don't need them anyway, as every freaking ship can use fire-arrows now) - at least in the drydock, didn't have a mil-port yet, as I was waiting for a campaign-lengthen mod ^^

With DMS disabled both options are working as intended.
    Last edited by valky; September 29, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

Don't know about specific sub-mods, as I'm using only DMS core + the oda-alliance/vassal (1640) mod (still working as I just started another campaign).

Though 2 things that doesn't work with enabled DMS:
    - 'vanilla' campaign: all units missing the ability to loose their formation
    - RotS campaign: YOU (!) can not build samurai light ships (you don't need them anyway, as every freaking ship can use fire-arrows now) - at least in the drydock, didn't have a mil-port yet, as I was waiting for a campaign-lengthen mod ^^

With DMS disabled both options are working as intended.
    Can't build trade ships either in RotS with darthmod enabled. At least not at the first level of port that RotS allows.

Can't wait for the update, mainly the battle AI/Morale Changes. Fights are way too fast/units rout too easily.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

You can't play ROTS online campaign with Darthmod enabled, however me and a friend turned everything off Darthmod except for the income boost, it then worked but the income boost did not seem to take effect. Also when played single player campaign the income boost seemed to work. AUM seemed to wokr aswell, however off course only for the original shogun, and of course the JFC unit cards as well which also only worked for the original shogun units.

Also all the problems mentioned above my post.
    Last edited by Warchamp84; September 29, 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast