Thread: daniu's Shogun 2 Tools

Default daniu's Shogun 2 Tools

Hi all,
    I started writing tools for common tasks in Shogun 2 I'd like to share with whoever finds them useful.
    They are located in the Mod's Workshop's Tools section, but I got permission to create a thread here presenting them because I assume most people playing the game won't be brosing the modding forum.

Save Games Autobackup
    This tool periodically backs up the last recent campaign autosave and battle replay, so you'll have a save for every turn in your campaign.

This is for you if any of this ever happened to you:
    - you want to load a previous campaign, but the autosave is too recent and the last normal save too long ago
    - you ran into the MPC desynch problem, using the autosave doesn't work and you again don't have another savegame to go back to
    - you want to watch the replay of a battle but realize you forgot to save it

Preference File Editor
    A tool to edit the preferences.script file for S2, NTW and ETW.

This is for you if you can't be bothered to go find the preference file path every time

If anyone has any suggestions what other tool could be useful, drop a comment.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; September 27, 2011 at 05:54 AM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Default Re: daniu's Shogun 2 Tools

Great work! Thank you.
    +rep

Good job, gonna install the first one for sure, i dont need the second one but its good more people can experience camara freedom, well done

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

2 great Utilities there dainu, thank you muchly