Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total History: New fantastic campaign map ready for release

Default Rome Total History: New fantastic campaign map ready for release

Hello, everybody!

I have already introduced this project on the Totalwar.org forum, but now it is ready for release within a few days.

View here:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...mpaign-map!!!!

This is a completely reworked map for Rome Total War with unprecedented detail and accuracy: 199 regions and cities ranging from Caledonia to Maurya!

It took me two years of research and edit work, but now it is ready and its working. You have a huge number of realistic mountain passes, river crossings, islands etc. Some rivers have even become partially navigable. The new rivers and mountain chains give lots of new strategic options that will make up for a completely new game feel. For example: once you could prevent any invasion into Italy by closing 3 passes over the Alpes. But ancient geographers actually knew 12 ways to cross the Alpes and now these have been truly represented in the game, giving any invader a huge number of options.

All the major cities of the ancient world are included and each is in the right location as well as their ports. Many city sites have been highly improved. Just take a look at Alexandria, where you can watch the city plant with the Mareotis lake, the harbor and the island of Pharos with the lighthouse obviously in the right place on the island above the harbor.

Moreover the scenario has some 400 historical figures implemented. Each faction has a family tree with an accurate representation of its ruling dynasty. The major factions such as the Gauls or the Seleucid have almost 30 historical figures. As far as they're known even the wives bear their historical names.

Before Beta release there are a few minor things to be done. Help is especially needed to implement more different units. Simply propose your ideas. I could use even somebody who wants to manage these implementations.

In the meantime anybody interested in playing the new map can send me a private message and I will mail the necessary files of the pre-Beta version.

Now here comes a first screenshot showing Lower Egypt with Alexandria and Memphis. Note the details:
    1. Alexandria with beautiful city plant, the Pharos in its correct position on the island and the Mareotis lake behind the city.
    2. The improved Nile Delta.
    3. The port of Tanis with its bay/lake
    4. The city of Heliopolis as port to Memphis (here still a fishing village)
    5. The Bitter lakes and the port of Arsinoe.
    6. The irrigation canal and the lake/swamps of Fayum.
    7. Two branches of the lower Nile have become navigable and a canal allows ships to reach the Red Sea (but the ports of Tanis and Arsinoe will close this passage).

Default Re: Rome Total History: New fantastic campaign map ready for release

Wow this is amazing ... well done. There is a mod section though in TWCenter. I'll be downloading THIS mod!

EDIT: I was wondering. Roman factions can go to war with each other? In a photo I saw Scipii besieging Brutii.
    Last edited by Vindictus; September 26, 2011 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks. You're right as regards the mod section: I think I'll repost this thread over there.

Your question: The faction of the Brutii has been replaced by a Greek faction (Epirots/Magna Graecia/Syracuse). This is why they can go to war. Actually they do it all the times, probably because the Scipii can't seem to find any other way to expand.

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphos View Post
    Thanks. You're right as regards the mod section: I think I'll repost this thread over there.

Your question: The faction of the Brutii has been replaced by a Greek faction (Epirots/Magna Graecia/Syracuse). This is why they can go to war. Actually they do it all the times, probably because the Scipii can't seem to find any other way to expand.
    I'd say that's a good thing. I hate the roman superfaction!
    A Proud Diloist

-Finland rules
    -Hanoi Rocks rules
    -Eastern factions kick ass

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

looking good

There's a billion more detailed mods out there .

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mind View Post
    Name a few
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mind View Post
    In gameplay yes, but the Egypt location seems well-researched. Only EB is better, but then again it's EB

If you actually click on his link, you'll see his mod is way more worked on geographic wise... and Phil, I PMed you for the map

It took some time, but finally I'm proud to present Rome Total History 1.0. This is the download link: http://dfiles.eu/files/6rbrwc4qe Have fun and if you enjoyed it spread the word.

I hope this works better: It took some time, but finally I'm proud to present Rome Total History 1.0. This is the download link: http://dfiles.eu/files/6rbrwc4qe Have fun and if you enjoyed it spread the word.

I think i will try to download it but i am terrible at installing mods

Mark07040's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Jansenfinn View Post
    I think i will try to download it but i am terrible at installing mods
    Nooit gedacht een andere nederlander te zien hierzo

The new version is out. Here is the download link to RTH_1.2:

http://dfiles.eu/files/l3d505hrr

Installation:
    To install the game you need a vanilla version of Rome Total War upgraded to versions 1.3 and 1.5. Unzip the file with Win RAR and move the folder RTH into your Rome Total War folder besides the original Data folder. Do the same with the “Rome Total History mod” launcher and eventually open properties to correct the destination path. Use the launcher to start the game. It's easy as hell.

You should also have a look at the hosted forum:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...tory-%28RTH%29

Here are some features of the new release.

Important adjustments in RTH 1.2:

Bug fixes:
    - Units causing CTD fixed
    - Shields of Egyptian Machimoi fixed
    - Missing UIs added
    - Broken trade connections fixed in Scythia, India, Arabia and Aethiopia

Major improvements:
    - Mercenaries can be bribed joining most factions
    - Garrisons and Citadels enabled for direct recruitment of regional mercenaries
    - Battle Creator enabled
    - Custom battlefields added (Seven Wonders, Milet, Cyzicus, Thermopylae, Delphi, Mycene, Epidaurus, Isthmus, Sicyon, Naples, Syracuse, Agrigentum)
    - Custom battles added (Thermopylae, Ipsus, Delphi, Acrocorinth, Syracuse)
    - Battle movement modifiers diversified according to different ground
    - New design for desert towns (Capsa, Artacoana and more)
    - New design for Barbarian hillfort towns: Alesia, Gergovia, Numantia and more)
    - New detailed design for Syracuse

- MAP improvements:
    - City of Athens and Piraeus moved, new coastline in Argolis
    - Region Sindica (capital Phanagoria) added, with road going from Phasis to Tanais
    - Capital of Gaetulia moved from Thamondocana to Capsa
    - More accurate borders in Thrace and Odrysia. Capital of Thrace is now Philippopolis, with Celtic capital Tylis reduced to fort
    - Port of Barygaza added in India
    - Port of Hellespontus moved from Sestos to Ainos (a ship in Sestos was closing the passage)
    - Better coastline and roads in Scythia (mouth of Borysthenes/Dnjepr)
    - Better roads in Arabia and Aethiopia
    - Height adjustments in Greece and other areas
    - Roughness of battle maps reduced
    - Trade benefits for ports at very close distance reduced (Athens-Argos and some others)
    - Illyrian island channel navigable in automatic (move from Rhizon/Cattaro to Iader with one click)

- More UNITS added: Libyan Spearmen, Lucanian Warriors, Pontic Heavy Peltasts, Parthian Heavy Infantry, Scythian Heavy Infantry, Gothic Spearmen, Celtic Onagers and more
    - More officers and standard bearers added to units
    - Improved roster for Illyria/Thrace with new units Thracian Infantry, Thracian Swordsmen, Thracian Gladiators, Odrysian Peltasts, Odrysian Mercenaries, Odrysian Cavalry, Paionian Cavalry, Dardanian Warband, Dardanian Thorakitai, Triballi Falxmen, and more
    - Thracian Mercenaries now with light armour
    - Improved roster for Iberian Tribes adding Iberian Archers, Iberian Spearmen, Iberian Caetrati and more

- Reworked BUILDINGS tree introducing:
    - Medical: Medicus, Hospital, Medical School, Aesculapium
    - Educational: Gymnasion, Rhetoric School, Mathematical School, Musaeum, Royal Library, Great Library
    - Sport grounds: Palaestra, Gymnasium, Stadium
    - Festivals: Floralia, Bacchanalia, Saturnalia
    - Oracles: Delphi, Dodona, Ammonion
    - River Port, Naval Base
    - Rostra, Comitium and Roman Theatre, Gymnasium, Aerarium (Rome)
    - Stoa (Greeks)
    - Gerusia (Sparta), City Guild and Council of Elders, Archons, Areopag, Synarchy
    - Satrapy, Tyranny (Greek), Nome (Egypt), Municipium, Colonia, Provincia (Roman)
    - Garden, Park, Paradise (Eastern, Seleucids)
    - Wells, Cisterns, Fountains, Baths
    - Pasture (Barbarian)
    - Mint, State Archive (Rome)
    - Lictors (Rome)
    - More temples and cults: Mithras, Isis and more
    - Full polytheism introduced, allowing to build an almost unlimited number of temples (except in Parthia)
    - Diversified icons for many temples added
    - New icons for many other buildings added
    - Special buildings: Seven Wonders (Pyramids, Colossus, Mausoleum, Artemision, Olympia, Hanging Gardens, Pharos, Stonehenge)
    - Special buildings: minor wonders (Acropolis, Capitol, Ortygia, Paradise of Daphne, Dam of Mariba and many more)
    - Special buildings: naval ports (Piraeus, Alexandria, Carthage, Syracuse, Ostia, Naples, Tarentum)
    - Special buildings: specific temples (Jupiter Optimus, Juno Moneta, Janus, Concordia, Solomon's temple and many more)

My only gripe with the game is purely aesthetic. Namely, is there any way to make the faction videos actually relate to the chosen faction? Or even the Commander speeches? Am a little cynical when Epirus is still referred to as the Brutii when I am about to hand Phyrus a whopping... lol. Otherwise, this mod rocks hard

Thanks for the compliments. I hope you enjoy the game. Your request is surely right, but I'm afraid that goes beyond my current possbilities. Is anybody able to help with this?

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I, for one, will not be playing until the out of proportion family sizes are fixed. Scale it back to 3 - 4 and it will be fine, but having 20 for only 4 - 5 starting regions, with the only 'fix' being to deliberately kill them in battle, is not good at all.
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Does this work on steam? I might try this out.

Finally out: Rome Total History 1.4.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    We are proud to annouce huge improvements in our groundbreaking mod Rome Total History.
    This is surely the best RTH so far, and the list below does not do it complete justice, because there have been many minor improvements in order to make the game more challenging. Just try it out!

Download RTH_1.4 here: http://dfiles.eu/files/9ndj3njor

Adjustments in RTH 1.3 (included):

- Added 200 historic events using sources Livius, Polybius, Plutarch, Diodor, Athenaion and more
    - Added a negative effect of barracks on population happiness
    - Reduced happiness bonus on several buildings
    - Slightly reduced fighting values for most general's units
    - Added more Spanish Mercenaries in Sardinia and Sicily
    - AI characters changed for Egypt, Carthage, Pontus, Greek City League
    - More complex effects of building Tyranny
    - Map adjustments in Hellas (Arcadia, Argolis, Messenia), Lydia (more forest), Apulia (Garganus), Gaul (river Liger), Tarraconensis (now connected with Narbonensis), Tingitana (coast and ports)
    - Corrected building tree for temples with smoother introduction of early buildings
    - Corrected effects of many buildings reducing happiness effect for temples and wonders
    - Corrected pricing for many buildings and mercenary units
    - Reduced frequency for many mercenary units
    - Added new units: Syrian Elite Archers, Arcadian Mercenaries
    - Implemented Greek Archers and other units for slave faction
    - Added more officers to units including musicians (Roman Cornicen) and several female

WARNING: Some battle scenes may present nudity. Do not download if you are of minor age or feel morally offended!

Adjustments in RTH 1.4:
    - Map adjustment in the Peloponnese and Crete ***
    - Reworked family tree for Germans, introducing correct tribes for each leader
    - Added more historic rebel leaders, especially in Germany and Italy (Samnites)
    - Added 200 historic events, using historic excerpts from Livius, Polybius, Plutarch and more
    - More forts in Sardinia and Corsica
    - Added a new custom battle: Caudine Forks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Installation:
    To install the game you need a vanilla version of Rome Total War upgraded to versions 1.3 and 1.5. Unzip the file with Win RAR and move the folder RTH into your Rome Total War folder besides the original Data folder. Do the same with the “Rome Total History mod” launcher and eventually open properties to correct the destination path. Use the launcher to start the game.
    This is a tested version. I’ve played it for months and it appears to be very stable. If you find any problems please report them here.

Instructions for NON Steam users:
    1. Download RTH 1.4
    2. Extract the files using winrar to your Rome Total War directory
    3. Create a shortcut of your RTW.exe and move it to your desktop
    4. Rename the shortcut to "Rome Total History"
    5. Right click the shortcut and go to properties. In the target line after all quotations, add -show_err -mod:RTH
    Instructions for Steam users:
    1. Download RTH 1.4
    2. Extract the files using winrar to "programfiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/RomeTotalWarGold
    3. Go into your steam library and right click Rome Total War, then go to properties and click on "Set Launch Options"
    4. Put -show_err -mod:RTH
    5. Optional: Create a desktop shortcut

Read more on our forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...l-History-(RTH)
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast