View Poll Results: What do you think of the new recruitment thread?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome job, much more professional looking now.

2 66.67%
  • It seems like a fancified version of the old one.

0 0%
  • Eh, it looks like a dog pooed in the living room and then rubbed it in the carpet. Disgusting looking.

0 0%
  • I'm indifferent.

0 0%
  • When do I get to shoot something?

0 0%
  • Spaaaaaaaace?

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8th Regiment of Foot [Recruiting]

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default 8th Regiment of Foot [Recruiting]

THE 8TH REGIMENT OF FOOT

Hello to all of those wishing to find a cool regiment to join.

We are a friendly, extremely fun loving regiment that is based in North America. The only real requirements are that you speak English and love having fun. A microphone is not needed, but it is highly recommended so you can join in the crazy.

Necessities
    One copy of Mount and Blade: Warband (Installed, duh)
    Teamspeak 3 (Installed, duh)
    An ability to understand English.
    If you have a mic, please speak English.
    one copy of the Napoleonic Wars DLC (Installed, duh)
    Steam is optional, but extremely helpful. Coordination and what not.

EVENTS
    –Trainings–
    Wednesdays at 7:30-8:15 PM EST
    Fridays at 8:30-8:50 PM EST

–Linebattles–
    Tuesdays at 8:00-10:00 PM EST
    Fridays at 9:00-10:45 PM EST

-Promotions-
    Fridays at 10:45 PM EST This can change depending on the linebattle's length.

Other events occur at random or on the spot. Karaoke night, color game [Chase after the man holding the Colors], Opolcheniye Survival, private Skirmishes with other regiments etc...

We also play other Mount and Blade: Warband mods as a regiment regularly (Persistent World, Imperitor, Full Invasion). We also play other games as a regiment like Minecraft, Arma 2, Civ V etc...

RANKINGS

-Rank System-
    [Work in progress]
    Cannonfodder [Demoted below recruit, yet not kicked out of the regiment yet. Very rare.]
    Rct [Recruit]
    Ptc [Private Third Class]
    Psc [Private Second Class]
    Ptc [Private First Class]

-Detachments-
    Artillery [Completely full. No opening in sight.]
    Line Infantry [This is Everybody]
    Rifles [Looking for Recruits]
    Cavalry [Looking for Recruits]

-Combat Efficiency-
    Line Infantry (LI)[Automatic]
    King's Foot (KF)[Prerequisite - Line Infantry. Must take a melee test. You have 3 lives while the proctor has 6]
    Snortogian Guard (SG)[Prerequisite - King's Foot. Must take a melee test. You have 6 lives and the proctor has 12]
    Royal Canadian Infantry (RCI) - Canadians only

-Officers-
    Colonel - Jorge
    Lieutenant Colonel - Jay
    Major - Kaeth
    Captain - Matt [That's me]
    Captain - Alken
    Captain - Clemett

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    -Army-
    ISC [Intergalactic Space Command]

-Main Faction-
    UK

-Unit-
    Coldstream Guards

-Units while playing as other factions-
    Prussia - 8 Infantrie
    France - 42e
    Russia - [TBD]
    Austria - [TDB]
    THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT WHEN ON A PUB SERVER THAT YOU MUST BE THESE UNITS. THESE ONLY APPLY TO OFFICIAL EVENTS.

-TeamSpeak-

-How to join-
    Simply add any of the following officers on Steam and tell them Matt sent you. Preferably add me.

Jorge - jorgesi101
    Jay - 8th_LtCol_Jay
    Kaeth - Kaeth 8th
    Matt - calicoyoda
    Alken - Alken

USEFUL LINKS
    -Recruitment Video-

-Website/forums-
    http://8thregiment.enjin.com/

-Teamspeak Download-
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=533775

HISTORIES
    -History of our 8th-
    [In progress]
    Our 8th Regiment of Foot was created by members of the now defunct 16th Regiment of Foot in late August 2011. Jorge, Ortoga, Snowball, Tico, Chester, Jay, and Mago left the 16th and became the core members of the 8th. Their first recruit was 'McSpanky'. Within that first week I was recruited. Our numbers grew steadily, but many rankers came and left after a week or two. We decided to join the HM Army in September, but then left. We later rejoined, but left again. In October, for about two weeks we had a Rifles Detachment [that I was part of]. It was composed of Tico, and 4 of our best shots. McSpanky left the 8th due to internal issues in the last week of October. In the first week if November 2011 Chester decided that he would leave and form his own regiment. When he created the 7y he took many men from the 8th, although. this was not his intentions. In the 3rd week of November Tico also decided to leave. He left and formed the 2nd. [To be continued]

-History of the 8th-

"The 8th (King's) Regiment of Foot, also referred to diminutively as the 8th Foot and the King's, was an infantry regiment of the British Army, formed in 1685 and retitled the King's (Liverpool Regiment) on 1 July 1881.

The regiment served in numerous conflicts during its existence, notably in the wars with France that dominated the 18th and 19th centuries, the American Revolution, the War of 1812, and the Indian rebellion of 1857 (historically referred to as the "Indian Mutiny" by Britain). As a consequence of Childers reforms, the 8th became the King's (Liverpool Regiment). A pre-existing affiliation with the city had derived from its depot being situated in Liverpool from 1873 because of the earlier Cardwell reforms.

The lineage of the 8th Regiment has been perpetuated since 2006 by the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment (King's, Lancashire and Border), which has incorporated aspects of the 8th's regimental identity." [Source: Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia]

Last edited by IlluminatiRex; July 09, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: MOUNT AND MUSKET REGIMENT "8TH REGIMENT OF FOOT IS RECRUITING (We have Tacos).

Tell Jorgo that I don't believe he has any Tacos.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: MOUNT AND MUSKET REGIMENT "8TH REGIMENT OF FOOT IS RECRUITING (We have Tacos).

Tico has Taco's. They're Tico's Taco.

That's why we have a Channel in TS, Tico's Taco Stand .
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

Miles

Have come to the conclusion TWC isnt the best place to recruit

Citizen

Blog Entries

Same. Hey, at least it was worth a shot xD.

Content Emeritus

Need more publicity...

Miles

at least our threads might have added publicity to the mod

hello can I join your regiment?

Citizen

Blog Entries

Yes you may!

Our Teamspeak is "uokgames.com"

And make sure to add jorgesi101 on Steam

Indefinitely Banned

Laughed at the "Can I join" post. Thought that was ironic...

Anyway, wish you the best of luck...

Hey i was banned from the server by accident
    Please send me a forums where i can appeal, i had my brother playing at them time.

Miles

Psycho!

Content Emeritus

Psycho!

Indefinitely Banned

Citizen

Blog Entries

Psycho, we do not have a forums. When the server restarts, it erases all bans .

Citizen

Blog Entries

OP Edited.

can i join this regiment

Citizen

Blog Entries

Sorry for being late chap, yes you may!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

How long are training sessions usually?

Citizen

Blog Entries

Normally about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast