Thread: Open Beta Test - TFT v1.88

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Default Open Beta Test - TFT v1.88

Hi all - I have the next build ready but I do not have the time to test it. So I am making this available to the community as an open beta. It is my hope that the changes made in this build will solve the CTD issues some were experiencing in v1.87 - but that's for whoever is willing to test this to find out.

Here's the link:
    TFTv1.88full.rar

You will notice that this is a full build - no previous builds of TFT are required, and if you have prior versions the installer is going to delete the TFT folder and reinstall everything. That means you will lose your save games and preferences for prior versions of TFT. If that bothers you, back them up prior to installing. v1.88 is not save-game compatible with prior versions - sorry.

Please provide any feedback in this thread, with screenshots/save game files as needed if documenting a bug.

=========================
    INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    =========================

To install:
    1. Have a clean version of RTW 1.5
    2. Unzip and run the "TFTv1.88.exe" file - install it in the main RTW folder.

3a. (To play Caesar) Double click on the TFT_Caesar.exe in the main RTW folder to run it - RTW will launch with the Caesar Campaign loaded.
    3b. (To play Crassus or the Gallic Rebellion) Double click on the TFT_Crassus.exe in the main RTW folder to run it - RTW will launch with the Crauss and Gallic Campaigns loaded.
    3c. (To play Pompey) Double click on the TFT_Pompey.exe in the main RTW folder to run it - RTW will launch with the Pompey Campaign loaded.

Once in the game...
    To activate the 4TPY:
    1. Click on a settlement you own
    2. The advisor pops up.
    3. Click ON her face.
    4. Click on the "Accept" icon.
    That's it.

**Please change your preferences.txt: FIRST TIME PLAY: FALSE to TRUE after installing TFT 1.88 if you are using a new installation of RTW v1.5.

Changes in this version:
    <<<<<<TFT 1.88>>>>>>
    1. Removed all the season traits/movement bonuses.
    2. Restored character movement of 80.
    3. Implemented a new Winter movement penalty for all "northern" factions (the AI factions in Africa - Egypt, Numidia and Mauretania - receive no winter time penalties as the AI rarely has time to venture north in TFT).
    4. Implemented a Winter Troop Morale penalty for northern "civilized" factions. You do NOT want to campaign in the Winter. This will encourage the use of forts to avoid barbarian attacks during winter turns.
    5. Gave Quintus Hurtius a bodyguard in the Crassus campaign.

See the readme file for prior version history and other important information.

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Default Re: Open Beta Test - TFT v1.88

Ok, once again I managed to get the movement stuff backwards. These files should fix it, but I cannot test them as I'm away from my RTW computer. So backup The_First_Triumvirate\Data\descr_characters.txt and The_First_Triumvirate\Data\export_descr_character_traits.txt prior to installing, and use at your own risk. I'll test it out later when I get home, but wanted to make it available ASAP to anyone who downloaded the beta.

This change is save game compatible for v1.88 - if playing a save, the fix won't show up until you've switched between Winter/Summer turns. Until that happens, you may find your movement drastically curtailed.

To install, unzip the files to your Rome: Total War\ directory.

Unzip this to your RTW folder