Thread: Question about performance

Default Question about performance

Since i heard about mod size 11 Gb, I am wondering that it affect performance of this great mod...
    For example in Stainless Steel 6.4 my old PC let me play only low quality with huge unit scale or medium quality with big unit scale.
    So will your mod more demanding on hardware than SS?
    P.S. Sorry for my bad English

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: Question about performance

There are different issues that might effect performance such as graphics settings. But the reasons SS is so slow in the campaign/turn times is because of the heavy use of scripts they use. Although we use more scripts, ours are very efficient and will not slow down your turn times or negatively effect your campaign at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Although we use more scripts, ours are very efficient and will not slow down your turn times or negatively effect your campaign at all.
    That's quite a claim! If it's true, well, i didn't think i could be any more impressed with this mod but i guess i will be

PIPA and SOPA are “the equivalent of being angry and trying to take action against Ford just because a Mustang was used in a bank robbery.” - Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian

My machine is ancient and it loads at the same speed as vanilla, and turn times are just as quick. Maybe you can see some differences on a vast PC but in any case, I don't think my waiting times are that bad.

LOL the only problem I see is that this mod will take days for me to download.... :-( I hate waiting.......DOWNLOADING.......DOWNLOADING.....come on already.....DOWNLOADING....

Will there be a download torrent??
    Looking forward to Dominion of the Sword
    PSN ID: mynameisowen; add me if you play GT5 or Battlefield.

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

I think that torrent would be a great idea. I'd make one myself and seed it forever but the university is limiting upload per week to only 5 GB (for obvious reasons )

Would it be possible to allow everyone to use the same SVN system thing the developers use?
    Veni Vidi Velcro

No, unfortunately the SVN is just an internal system meant for the team. It has limitations.

The mod will definitely be seeded on torrents, it should be easy to find too. The preview wasn't a massively popular thing and that is still available.

any chance for rapidshare or megaupload?

Putlocker's better.

And I run M2 on a mid-level laptop, and with all the scripts we have, I've clocked the AI taking no more than 50 seconds or a minute to finish its turn. And that's with a whole lot of new monitors running in the background. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    My machine is ancient and it loads at the same speed as vanilla, and turn times are just as quick. Maybe you can see some differences on a vast PC but in any case, I don't think my waiting times are that bad.
    I dont know how you guys managed that.. but if its true.. wow..
    Will and act until victory