Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWTOR Release Date! And monthly fee!

Comes Domesticorum

Default SWTOR Release Date! And monthly fee!

December 20th, 2011
    December 22nd, 2011 in Europe

"Each copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic will come with 30 days of subscription time, after which you have the option to continue playing with one of the following monthly subscription fees:

1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
    3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
    6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)"

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Default Re: SWTOR Release Date! And monthly fee!

Nice and the normal subscription cost.

The Edain's Avatar Vicarius

December 22nd? Good luck with me getting that on time with Royal Mail three days before Christmas.
    |Windows 7 user||College Student|
    |Anime Fan||Xbox 360 Owner|Photoshop user|

Tribunus

Digital download + Early Access = Success.

Comes Domesticorum

You guys will try this game out for me and tell me how it is!

Also, I think we should play on the same server. I don't think we should have a TWC clan or anything, but it'd be cool to play with some of yous.

Tribunus

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by King Stavroforos View Post
    You guys will try this game out for me and tell me how it is!

Also, I think we should play on the same server. I don't think we should have a TWC clan or anything, but it'd be cool to play with some of yous.
    Yes we dont need to have guild to play with some people here. I would like that.

Adrian's Avatar Campidoctor

That's cool I get a free month to see if I like it.

anyway SWTOR and Skyrim are the only games I'll get this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    Digital download + Early Access = Success.

ditto

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

That's cool I get a free month to see if I like it.
    If this game's subscription service is anything like World of Warcraft's you will have to set up a billing method first before you can actually access the free 30 day subscription included with the game.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    If this game's subscription service is anything like World of Warcraft's you will have to set up a billing method first before you can actually access the free 30 day subscription included with the game.
    That's what I've been worried about, but apparently this won't be the case in SWTOR...who knows.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

I think it wont be, they give you a grace period from early access after the game releases, you need to simply add the cd key in order to get your 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Its december 20th in Northen America and in Europe simultaneous now.
    http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111014-1

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Sounds awesome. Think I will be pre-ordering the deluxe edition having just seen the STAP mount that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    Sounds awesome. Think I will be pre-ordering the deluxe edition having just seen the STAP mount that comes with it.
    i just pre ordered today the deluxe edition, just for the Holo dancer

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

I will not be getting this

Comes Domesticorum

Good to know?

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Conscript Stavroforos View Post
    Good to know?
    they made it too mainstream, the MMO genre seems doomed to the same over and over.

no surprises here.

The only surprise will be if when I play this game that i'm not reminded of WoW.

they made it too mainstream
    It is, this is just a simple cut and paste WoW clone. Hopefully Star Wars IP is enough to keep the game alive, wow clones have not fared well.

To be sure this is the last WoW clone I am going to attempt to play. The last one, Rifts, was a good game but WoW eventually sucked everyone back to it and effectively killed that game.

Next MMO to come out that is hyped up better actually be different. Ie. no 2 sided "factions" (idiots cop out) vanilla quest system, battleground and arena PVP, and rock paper scissors classes.

The rock paper scissors class system is probably the most yawnable aspect of this game. I'm hoping the gameplay keeps it interesting which is why i'm giving it a chance. Last Bioware game I will give a free charge to if it fails.

Its funny how creativity in class design has just simply died in RPGs in general. Lost art I guess.
    Last edited by Kanaric; October 16, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Kanaric, MMOs really isn't your strong suit.
    1. There is no such thing as a WoW-clone since WoW itself is a clone of Everquest.
    2. While true that everquest clones is a hit and miss, it is no way a guaranteed failure. Rift is not dead and is doing well. LOTRO is doing really well. When you look at the overall genre, everquest clones are the ones that does best(and korean MMO-grinding games). They are the most profitable ones and depending on server structure, very cheap to operate.
    Just look at Age of Conan, a AAA MMO that suffered really badly and was down to around 30k subscribers and yet they have no problem keeping the game running and giving out content. And content is the sign of a dying MMO, when the content stops coming it means that the subs are so low that they can't afford to make it and their best hope is to simply keep their servers running for as long as possible in hopes that it will change. Like with Age of Conan which is doing well again for the moment.
    Again, another Everquest clone that is doing well.

I remember your list of what a good MMO should have and as I have stated before which you have ignored, games that follow that list do even worse then the worst Everquest clone. Mortal Online, Darkfall are games that offer what you want and they aren't doing well at all. Mortal Online has maybe 10k players that's a very very generous amount.
    Eve Online is really the only game that is doing well but that's because it offers something for everyone. You can go and PVE in Eve Online and you will do just fine, you can mine and you will do just fine and you can craft and you can do just fine. PVP is just a optional thing in Eve Online which is why it's doing so well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast