Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for v0.74/0.8

Artifex

Default Suggestions for v0.74/0.8

Please post suggestions here. General questions, bug reports, and other discussions belong elsewhere; this thread is for suggestions only.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

Crap, sorry khelvan. I didn't notice there was a patch out. Forget this post.

Artifex

You're a silly person.

is the new eb patch faster then before because the only reason i wasnt playing eb is because it took like a hour too load every battle

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

I am still downloading it, but nowhere in your release notes did it mention that the custom battle troop selection screen had been fixed. This is a really annoying part of a great mod, and would love to see it fixed.

Incase you are unsure what I am talking about, I am referring to when you are selection troops for a custom battle, and rather than only being able to pick faction specific troops, you have to pick them out out of hundreds of random mercenaries and other troops.

Please fix this.

Thanks, great mod.
    Candide fainted...

Quote Originally Posted by humvee2800
    is the new eb patch faster then before because the only reason i wasnt playing eb is because it took like a hour too load every battle
    In my experiences, the game does run vastly faster than before, in places where it would otherwise have taken far longer under the unpatched version.

- Pahlavan General needs his own unit, not the "Pontic general" one
    - Many units have severe problems when ordered to hunt routing enemies or move(formation problems)
    - (in my opinion) Pahlava needs a possibility to expand to the south somewhat easier and not to the north...any chance of fixing that one?
    - the voicemod doesn't work. Tried both Romans and Seleucids in custom battle and neither of them spoke latin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelgnom
    - Many units have severe problems when ordered to hunt routing enemies or move(formation problems)
    Yes, this needs to be adressed; many cavalry units are close to useless because of pathfinding problems.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Greetings EB's,
    I know you are/were short on skinners? but just a few key skins in the right places would go along way(IMO)into giving the Mod a more finished/polished look, ie Spartans for Greeks, Silvershield pikemen for Seluekids, perphaps a few officers to give armies a more finished look like the excellent officer the Aeudi have, instead of the bit sad CA ones(no offence meant). Can you tell I am a skin orientated individual? as well as enjoying the rich immersive history you peeps have embellished your mod with.

There are a lot of new units ready. But they won't go in until we can totally repack it and have a new version download. (4th time)

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by The White Knight
    Yes, this needs to be adressed; many cavalry units are close to useless because of pathfinding problems.
    It's an rome bug, from what i know it wasn't present in 1.0/1.1 but it was introduced in 1.2 and it wasn't fixed even in 1.3/1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by alin
    It's an rome bug, from what i know it wasn't present in 1.0/1.1 but it was introduced in 1.2 and it wasn't fixed even in 1.3/1.5.
    Ah, I'm sorry.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Another problem:

Horsearchers do not fire properly. They often just don't shoot when marching, so sometimes they are not able to shoot at pursuing enemies. This seems only to happen when !ordered! to move somewhere and are in range of an enemy. As far as I can tell they fire properly when running away through the "hold distance" command.

Sorry if that has already been discussed, but I wasn't there for a long time. I suggest a 1.5 (or 1.6) port.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelvan
    Please post suggestions here. General questions, bug reports, and other discussions belong elsewhere; this thread is for suggestions only.
    So, erm, yeah... What he said.

Artifex

Please report bugs in the bug & technical support forum:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108

Is there a way of speeding up the loading menu's at the begining?

It seems a tad slower than vanila and other mods i have played.

I do remember other mods stating you had to delete a certain file for it to load quickly. Is that the same for EB?

It probably is a tad slower. But the files are huge compared to virtually any other mod. We have sped it up quite a bit from the open beta though. We've fixed the problem you are referring to.

k_raso's Avatar Biarchus

First, those Eleuteroi cities spawn enormous armies, full stacks. Mainly comprised of skirmishers, but they still remain there, and it`s a bloddy pain in the a** erradicating them. Good thing that those citys produce units, but one unit EVERY turn??? A little bit too much.

Another thing.

I`ve been playing with the Koinon Hellenon about 40 turns, (Campaign Hard, Battle Very Hard) and I`ve been in serious disadvantage in fighting with my neighbors, thanks to the low quality of my units. Thanks to numerical superiority and to the crappy AI I`ve been able to overcome this and conquer Chalkis, Korinthos and Thessalia, in addition to Kydonia and Hallicarnasus. But it makes me nervous seeing my neighbours with full stacks of their splendid phalanxes and those Hetairoi armored benemoths ready to descend upon me, and all i can oppose to them are Ekrodmeis Hoplitai, Taxeis Hoplitai, and more rabble like that... all I can do is rely heavily on mercenaries... but that just isn`t enough.

Please do not misunderstand me, I`m having a GREAT time playing as Koinon Hellenon (hardest plays are the most entertaining), but my only wonder is that when I`ll be playing as Epirus or Makedonia, conquering greece will be piece of cake.

A very serious disbalance is there.

Hope that better units will become available later on the game for my hellenic armies, because after 50 turns, there is no sign of any unit that can hold my line against a well trained force of Makedonian Phalangitai, or worse, against those Pezhetairoi...

Bloddy massackers are what I`ve had... poor brave men

Bye.

PS: Despite this little flaws, it`s a bloddy GREAT GAME!!!!!!

At least the hetairoi aren't as dangerous as they were before the patch.

Yeah, it definitely is easier if you are Maks to conquer the rest of southern Greece. But that is the situation in 272. Maks were not too far from having Athens all to themselves, and then if they could keep the Epeirotes off their backs by whatever method, they could have concentrated on the spartans. KH is the only faction that we never see really expand a tremendous amount, but then that's reasonable I think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast