Page 72 of 125 FirstFirst ... 224762636465666768697071727374757677787980818297122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2488

Thread: NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I think that the real problem with this whole fiasco is that the twitter reporting generation is running amok, and reporting anything and anything as soon as they can, whether or not it's true. Dwight said that he didn't call for stan's removal, so he didn't simple as that.

Dwight has been getting a bad rap lately, and it's not entirely his fault. Remember kids, just because something is reported, doesn't mean it's true.
    STAN VAN GUNDY SAYS DWIGHT ASKED FOR HIM TO BE FIRED.

It confirms all reports of it. Straight from the horses mouth!
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Lakers won against Clip but Pau was at Griffins feet twice after two nasty slams.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    STAN VAN GUNDY SAYS DWIGHT ASKED FOR HIM TO BE FIRED.

It confirms all reports of it. Straight from the horses mouth!
    I think you don't quite understand the idea of "straight form the horses mouth" is. Stan just said that he heard that that was what dwight wanted, which is called heresay. Dwight said that he did not say that. Now, when it comes to what dwight said, who has more authority, dwight or stan.

Clearly it's some sort of misunderstanding, as dwight has denied the report. therefore, and stay with me now, THE REPORT IS NOT TRUE.

there is what dwight is reported to have said, and what dwight has actually said, and yes there is a significant difference in credibility between the two concepts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Drugs are not very popular AFAIK.

It's amazing how much respect Dwight has lost this year with this debacle.

RT @MagicInsider One player's comments to me: "Our problem isn't Stan (Van Gundy). We got one guy who wants to run the show."

RT @MagicInsider Magic player to me: "I know Dwight will be gone after next season."
    RT @MagicInsider Ryan Anderson on SVG: "I won't le to you. It's very frustrating...after all that crap (Howard's traded demand)."

RT @MagicInsider Magic player to me about lockeroom climate: "We're split."

RT @MagicInsider Hedo Turkoglu on Stan Van Gundy: "I want Stan to be my coach forever."

RT @MagicInsider Ryan Anderson on Stan Van Gundy: "I love Stan. I think he's a great coach for us."

RT @MagicInsider Ryan Anderson: "..Now all of a sudden it's chaos."

Good going Dwight, you . Can't believe someone managed to handle FA worse than Lebron but it happened

http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2012/...675/index.html

^ Look at this video. What else do you need to know about this situation? It's bedlam in Orlando.
    Last edited by RZZZA; April 05, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

It seems like now it would be best for everyone if he just left. I wonder if some of the Orlando fans have turned against Howard as well and want him gone.

You don't have to wonder, just read some orlando magic fan forums. The answer is that magic fans are divided just like management and that locker room. Some side with management and others side with Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I think you don't quite understand the idea of "straight form the horses mouth" is. Stan just said that he heard that that was what dwight wanted, which is called heresay. Dwight said that he did not say that. Now, when it comes to what dwight said, who has more authority, dwight or stan.

Clearly it's some sort of misunderstanding, as dwight has denied the report. therefore, and stay with me now, THE REPORT IS NOT TRUE.

there is what dwight is reported to have said, and what dwight has actually said, and yes there is a significant difference in credibility between the two concepts.
    It's not heresay, Stan was told by management that Dwight had asked for his removal. What do they stand to gain from lying about that when Dwight can come out and deny it (no sane person would just say "yeah, i did it.")

The players are running the show in the NBA and it's driving the league into the gutter. All the players are becoming little babies who whine and cry when they don't get their way. This all started with Kevin Garnet. Dickhead wanted to be traded so we tried to trade him to the Celtics "I don't want to go there, better not trade me there or i wont be happy." Celtics get Ray Allen, "I only want to be traded to the Celtics." And...we did what he wanted. Now EVERY star has taken that attitude. I don't even like watching these ungrateful little brats anymore. What happened? What happened to the players that respected and valued their fan base? None of the superstars seem to give a rats ass anymore.

I use to like Dwight Howard when he first came out. Seemed like such a nice kid who acted so mature in the face of Tracy McGrady throwing a temper tantrum about not wanting to play with a high school kid. Now he's a whiny little brat just like McGrady. Dude needs to dump his entourage and take a long look in the mirror at what he's become.

Still funny that the media is still not trashing Howard.

Where are all the fans saying Howard is giving up and not hitting shots in the 4th Q?

ing Ridiculous.
    1962, 1989, 2002

post game gem from Joakim Noah: "We cannot play with our heads down and have a poo poo face. Sometimes we have a poo poo face."

POO POO FACE.

Memphis up 12 at Miami at half-time. MIA 11 first half turnovers. YOIKS.

The Heat look GASSED. Not just tired, but totally worn out. Bosh has lost all his lift and his rebounding has just vanished, Wade has taken 4 times as many threes post-All Star break as pre-All Star break and LeBron has elbow, finger, knee and ankle issues to deal with.

And their playoffs would currently look like this, and it does not look good for a team struggling with tiredness:
    Rnd 1: Philly. Tough, athletic team.
    Rnd 2: Indiana. A really physical match-up, tough team to beat.
    ECF: Bulls. The definition of toughness and physical defense.
    Then the Thunder, another tough, fast, physical and athletic team.

I'm not writing them off of course, they are the Heat and they knocked off the Bulls last season, but they just look DONE already, pretty scary.

Makes Derrick Rose's 20-game injury streak look like a BLESSING, he'll not be tired out come playoffs because by the time he's back, the #1 seed (in the East at least) should be locked up and he can play as many minutes as he needs to to get the team integrated with him and Rip healthy.

Looks like the Bulls should make it to the Finals then.

With a worn out Heat and hard playoff schedule and the Bulls star player being well rested and having the #1 seed in the East.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Memphis up 12 at Miami at half-time. MIA 11 first half turnovers. YOIKS.

The Heat look GASSED. Not just tired, but totally worn out. Bosh has lost all his lift and his rebounding has just vanished, Wade has taken 4 times as many threes post-All Star break as pre-All Star break and LeBron has elbow, finger, knee and ankle issues to deal with.

And their playoffs would currently look like this, and it does not look good for a team struggling with tiredness:
    Rnd 1: Philly. Tough, athletic team.
    Rnd 2: Indiana. A really physical match-up, tough team to beat.
    ECF: Bulls. The definition of toughness and physical defense.
    Then the Thunder, another tough, fast, physical and athletic team.

I'm not writing them off of course, they are the Heat and they knocked off the Bulls last season, but they just look DONE already, pretty scary.

Makes Derrick Rose's 20-game injury streak look like a BLESSING, he'll not be tired out come playoffs because by the time he's back, the #1 seed (in the East at least) should be locked up and he can play as many minutes as he needs to to get the team integrated with him and Rip healthy.
    tbh I think this is all speculative. Sure, Rose sitting out COULD benefit him. Or his injury could prove nagging, his explosiveness could be lost, or he could re-tweak it and miss the playoffs entirely.

The Heat look gassed now and they MAY fail in the post season. Or they may find that notorious mythical "second gear" and catch fire at the right time.
    Last edited by RZZZA; April 06, 2012 at 08:34 PM.

Miami also completely owns Philly, haven't they won like 14 straight games against them or something ridiculous? I would love for the Heat to face Indiana though, because you're right, they play a physical brand of basketball

Oh yeah it is clear speculation, just that it really looks like the Heat are in trouble.. Heck, Wade flat out MISSED two dunk attempts last night, when was the last time that happened?
    Last edited by King Nud; April 07, 2012 at 05:22 AM.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Pacers killed the Thunder. Looking good, and honestly Miami shouldn't feel to comfortable with that #2 seed yet.

You're 5.5 games back with 11 games to play, Miami holds the tiebreaker, meaning you have to make up 6 games on them with 11 games remaining. It's not happening. You're the 3 seed.

You're 5.5 games back with 11 games to play, Miami holds the tiebreaker, meaning you have to make up 6 games on them with 11 games remaining. It's not happening. You're the 3 seed.

"Insolent Pacers fan"

"Know your place!"
    1962, 1989, 2002