Page 71 of 125 FirstFirst ... 214661626364656667686970717273747576777879808196121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2488

Thread: NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    Hibbert is so inconsistent, just like the rest of that team. Last two games he went 3-9 and 2-7 :/ Not even against good teams either.
    In hindsight I don't think Rose would have gotten the MVP last year if we all realized the Bulls do just fine without him.

I think Thibs is going to get COY,and the pressure is going to be on Bulls Org to sign him to a long term deal.

Bulls would not have done just fine without Rose last year though. This year =/= last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    Bulls would not have done just fine without Rose last year though. This year =/= last year.
    Whats the biggest difference between this years team and last? Hamilton? He's been hurt too. But maybe your right, and has any one else noticed that Boozer is quite a good passing big man? As much as you guys complain about him, he does some things right.

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Boozer's been very good this year. Much improved on last year, his scoring has become more consistent and his rebounding has too. His passing is fantastic, would like to see the Bulls run more PnR with him and Rose.

The Bulls winning without Rose this year is more down to the quirks of a shorter season. Teams returning most players from last year do better because they don't get impacted by the lack of practices.

That and now that Thibodeau has the defense in, I think he's rounding the team a bit more.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Whats the biggest difference between this years team and last? Hamilton? He's been hurt too. But maybe your right, and has any one else noticed that Boozer is quite a good passing big man? As much as you guys complain about him, he does some things right.
    Booz and Noah healthy, no Bogans, second year in the system being the biggest differences...

Booz and Noah are the best passing big men duo in the league, second only to Pau and Bynum.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

I would argue with Horford and Smith, or with Brand-Hawes. My darkhorse is the future Bogut-Lee partnership though, but we'll see next year how they work out.

edit: Jefferson-Millsap also average each more than 2 assists per game.
    Last edited by Beorn; April 01, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

You can't argue, because it's fact Booz and Noah are the 2nd best big men passing duo in the league

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...-without-rose/

Andrew Bynum Pau Gasol 46
    Carlos Boozer Joakim Noah 44
    LaMarcus Aldridge Marcus Camby 37
    Pau Gasol Andrew Bynum 28
    Al Jefferson Paul Millsap 28
    ^most assists big-to-big

It's strange to see you embracing an article that begins by questioning Rose's MVP voting last season
    Seriously now, the article doesn't take into account the assists not handed to their pairs; If something, the article says that Booz and Deng are the pair with the best offensive chemistry league-wide, not that they are the best at setting up their teammates in position to score

The article explicitly states that it is NOT questioning Rose's MVP, it's merely attempting to explain how the Bulls have managed to remain elite despite Rose's absence. All I know is that the Bulls are one of the best assisting teams in the league and have remained so with Rose out of the lineup. The tandem of Noah/Booz are a big part of that, both these players are very good passers. Due to injury last year Bulls fans didn't get to see these two form any chemistry together, but this year with more playing time they've really managed to connect.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

I found the Mavericks mural in Deep Ellum (in Dallas).

It's a beautiful thing. Anyone see Dirk's game-winning shot against the Magic the other night? I've (obviously) seen Dirk make countless riDirkulous shots but I think this one is one of his best.

Near perfect defense by Turkoglu. His hand was right in Dirk's face but it didn't matter. Dirk's shot had a big arc, little to no rotation on the ball, and went in off the glass. Asked later if he meant to put it off the glass he said something like, "You'll never know," but I think he definitely meant to. He's probably been working on that shot some more because lately he's hitting more and more shots of the glass.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I'd give it to Dirk over just about anyone in that situation, he's pretty damn clutch.

omg...I'm dyin'...

that's good.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"looks around"

Barney!
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

He's got some balls too, I mean 98% of NBA players would not take that shot. If anyone but Dirk shoots that it's a horrible shot. Falling away, hand in his mug, defender right there, off the glass. Pretty amazing, I don't think I would hit that 3 times out of ten by myself on the court with no pressure.

Dirk practices those off-balance jumpers thouh. I've seen footage of him practicing and I don't think he ever takes normal J's where both his feet are on the ground and he's on balance.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Damn injuries, Rubio out for the year, Ridnour looks like he badly sprains his ankle, and Barea out, so literally no point guards anymore. At least Bulldozer Pekovic is back.

First the EB II preview, now This. This day's great

Oh wow.

"Stan Van Gundy has just acknowledged that he knows Dwight Howard asked for his resignation."

"Dwight then appeared, not knowing what had just been said, and denied that he had done so, asking for the media's source. Stan (the source) was sitting right next to him."

CRASH AND BURN MODE ACTIVATED.

Anyone got the idea that Bynum and Howard are having an 'anything you can do I can do better' battle?

I think that the real problem with this whole fiasco is that the twitter reporting generation is running amok, and reporting anything and anything as soon as they can, whether or not it's true. Dwight said that he didn't call for stan's removal, so he didn't simple as that.

Dwight has been getting a bad rap lately, and it's not entirely his fault. Remember kids, just because something is reported, doesn't mean it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Drugs are not very popular AFAIK.