Page 68 of 125 FirstFirst ... 184358596061626364656667686970717273747576777893118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2488

Thread: NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Pacer's are ranked 30th in attendance though lol. I think I'd consider Boston as a tougher opponent than the Pacers.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Wow lol. Boston? I would have accepted Orlando, and maybe even New York (they did stomp us twice in a row), but overrated, over aged Boston? Lol. Pacers are going to the ECF, the supreme depth of the team will be hard to deal with in the post season, and honestly, although it didn't happen last year, the top two seeds rarely meet in the conference finals. There is going to be some upsets.

But what do you have to say about the Pacers attendance?

I dont believe the Celtics put all they could into some of their regular season games and I think they will step it up in the playoffs, they are barely behind the Pacers.

Here's what I have to say about Pacer attendance: the fans know when they're being fed a crap product and when they aren't. This isn't an expansion team in a college town like some teams out West, they won't come out to support the team when they suck. They want a decent product on the court that has a decent shot at winning. They've seen winners before and they know what it looks like.

I love it when ESPN leads off an article like this;
    While the Dwight Howard contract saga in Orlando, the emergence of Jeremy Lin in New York, and team success in Chicago and Miami grabbed attention in the Eastern Conference, Indiana quietly became one of the best teams in the league.
    IDK what is going on with it.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...yssey=nav|head

Coincidently, Bob Kravitz wrote an article about it today. I think it's the ticket prices, and the horrible Indiana economy. The Tv and radio ratings are up, just not attendance.

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Yep, the Pacers are very under-the-radar and could spring a surprise in the playoffs given the right matchups.

I'm not knocking them when I say though that I doubt they have the offense to get past the Bulls' defense or quite the defense to best Miami in four games. That said, they truly destroyed the Heat last night, so perhaps a series with them would be quite interesting.

I'm looking forward to Orlando/Miami in the second round, the Magic have what it takes to beat the Heat.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/predictions

Time to play the playoff predictor.

Ugh, that sucks. We have to go through the Knicks and the Pacers before getting to the Heat.

The Heat have to go through Boston and the Magic...MUCH easier imo.

and that stupid simulator always has the Bulls losing in the first or second round

Yeah the Bulls have a tough path, both the 76ers and the Pacers would be tough second round opponents, and if Amare is fine the Knicks will put up a fight in the first round. Not to mention Miami in the ECF. The East isn't the easy conference it once was, still not on the level of the West, but we are getting there.

I'll be honest, I would be severely disappointed without a CHI-IND playoff series, last year was good, but I see the rivalry heating up. Nothing like a good old smash mouth playoff game to jump start a rivalry.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Not so new, it was a rivalry at the 90's too; But as the Bulls sucked in the 00's and the post-brawl PAcers got from contenders to below mediocre it faded a bit.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Boston and Magic are easier than the Knicks(minus Stat) and the improving Pacers?

Magic live and die by 3's which the Heat have been known to give up in large numbers at times, they have one of the top players in the league anchoring them. They are/can be better than the Pacers but Indy I think is more consistent..... a tough one to pick on that.

Boston hands down is a harder match up than the Knicks.

If it was Philly and the Pacers than the Bulls will be very battle tested because those are 2 teams full of young guns. Whoever has the Knicks have the easier road because NY will be hard pressed to even win 1 against the Heat or Bulls .
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; March 27, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Not so new, it was a rivalry at the 90's too; But as the Bulls sucked in the 00's and the post-brawl PAcers got from contenders to below mediocre it faded a bit.
    Yeah I remember the Reggie vs. Michael fight. For such a scrawny guy Reggie did get into quite a few fights.

I'd rather see Boston in the finals than the Knicks. Chicago plays Boston well for some reason, but teams like the Knicks that can get hot and nail a bunch of 3's can make life difficult for us.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is Rose gonna be 95-100% for the playoffs?
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

LeBron has "hurt" his left ring finger. Might be huge down the stretch, although imo it's not a big deal. It's not like LeBron was going to use that ring finger for anything anytime soon...

Lol. He also has an injured elbow which has been blamed for his poor shooting in his 2 previous games, and I believe he was grasping at his wrist as well in that Pacer game. Looks like Miami's run of good luck concerning injuries is about to run out. I prefer everybody be healthy, but if that can't happen, I prefer our rivals all get injured *face_devilish*

40 points 19 rebounds for Love. He's really unstoppable on offense, he's so dimensional, he can do everything, no weaknesses on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    40 points 19 rebounds for Love. He's really unstoppable on offense, he's so dimensional, he can do everything, no weaknesses on offense.
    Remember last year when everybody said Blake Griffin is a better PF than Love?

I remember when they were saying it this year lol.

He's so amazing, I think its the power of the beard. Him and James Harden are both bearded and they've both been beasting this season, coincidence? I think not.