Page 61 of 125 FirstFirst ... 113651525354555657585960616263646566676869707186111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2488

Thread: NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    LBJ letting Wade do all the work again....

Man that guy can't close, taking desperation 3's, lucky they went in this time. Playing D on the other side, he probably fouled him but of course no calls against LBJ.

Heat gut lucky, lucky Wade was there.
    I can't believe I'm about to do this but...

LeBron won the game for the Heat. He made the big three to get it to OT. Before that, he made the free-throws to get it close, he helped make the defensive stops. He tied up Collison on the final possession of the 4th quarter.

Then he hit the big three in over-time when the Heat needed it. Not desperation, the right play.

Then he passed to Chris Bosh, notoriously clutch and has been deadly this season. Not just the right play, but a brilliant one.

Okay, so then he missed that layup through three defenders but he was hit hard. He made both foul shots.

And then he did pass to Wade. Okay, that's not clutch, but he got the assist on the game winner. He also scored or assisted on 13 of the Heat's last 16 points.

CLUTCH! CHOKER! CLUTCH! CHOKER! CLUTCH! CHOKER!
    He's like Schroedinger's cat!

I'm going to go for a shower now, I feel dirty having defended LeBron.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Who cares, W or L is all that matters now.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    I can't believe I'm about to do this but...

LeBron won the game for the Heat. He made the big three to get it to OT. Before that, he made the free-throws to get it close, he helped make the defensive stops. He tied up Collison on the final possession of the 4th quarter.

Then he hit the big three in over-time when the Heat needed it. Not desperation, the right play.

Then he passed to Chris Bosh, notoriously clutch and has been deadly this season. Not just the right play, but a brilliant one.

Okay, so then he missed that layup through three defenders but he was hit hard. He made both foul shots.

And then he did pass to Wade. Okay, that's not clutch, but he got the assist on the game winner. He also scored or assisted on 13 of the Heat's last 16 points.

CLUTCH! CHOKER! CLUTCH! CHOKER! CLUTCH! CHOKER!
    He's like Schroedinger's cat!

I'm going to go for a shower now, I feel dirty having defended LeBron.

Then my work is done.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

I've been done hating on Lebron 3 weeks ago. I won't be pulling for him per se, but my hater days are over.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Ken Berger ‏ @KBergCBS Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Dwight update: The Bulls emerge as Orlando's preferred trading partner, but not without commitment from Howard. #NBA goo.gl/nUdzC

Apparently the Magic want to trade Dwight to Chicago, but Dwight killed the deal because he refuses to sign an extension as a Bull

How do you spell dumb ass?

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That would have been sweet. Dwight gets a top PG like he wanted and Rose will win multiple rings with some legit help.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    Ken Berger ‏ @KBergCBS Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Dwight update: The Bulls emerge as Orlando's preferred trading partner, but not without commitment from Howard. #NBA goo.gl/nUdzC

Apparently the Magic want to trade Dwight to Chicago, but Dwight killed the deal because he refuses to sign an extension as a Bull

How do you spell dumb ass?
    *killing. He might change his mind.

Then again, he might decide to become an astronaut, it's impossible to decipher that man/baby's brain at times.

It's undeniable that Chicago represents by far and away the best package the Magic could get in return for Dwight.

Deng, Noah, Gibson for Dwight and Turkoglu
    or
    Deng, Asik, Boozer for the same two players.

There's also the not-so-small influence of the Charlotte Bobcats pick the Bulls are owed from the Tyrus Thomas trade. That pick is lottery protected for a few seasons but becomes unprotected in 2015 (if the Bobcats fail to make the playoffs before 2015, the Bulls get the pick in 2015). That's entirely possible, the 'Cats ain't going anywhere fast. Could end up being a top 10 pick in 2015.

So that's a possible Defensive Player of the Year in Deng, an All-Star level Center and a backup PF good enough to start on half the teams in the league, as well as a potential top-10 pick.

Or you get Asik/Boozer and end up with one of the top defensive centers behind Dwight and a legit 17-10 PF.

Hey. Hey Melo. HEY!
    Jimmy Butler says hello.

Taj Gibson offensive rebounding machine.

Also, Derrick Rose plays basketball well. The world is round. Let's move on.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I cant believe it took 127 points to beat the damn Suns. If we get a win I'm always happy, but this was concerning. This game will be labeled to me as the worst defense I've ever seen us play.

Also, Derrick Rose plays basketball well. The world is round. Let's move on.
    12/29, with 4 TO's, not a great game. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    I cant believe it took 127 points to beat the damn Suns. If we get a win I'm always happy, but this was concerning. This game will be labeled to me as the worst defense I've ever seen us play.
    they won didn't they? This is a good win for the wolves, they proved that they can win without rubio, and against a team that was really heating up, and whom they lost too the previous time they played. This is an excellent win for the wolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Drugs are not very popular AFAIK.

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Your disappointed? We score 124, which has been our biggest offensive output in a long time and we don't win. That is disappointing, especially since we were home and on bit of a streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    12/29, with 4 TO's, not a great game. Just saying.
    34 points 7 assists 6 rebounds.. Rose has never been terribly efficient.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Productive game, that's about it. He was reportedly jawing all day about playing Lin, and probably let that get the better of him. Then again, Rose probably should have had 40+ considering their was a no layup rule for the first half, and he was not getting any calls. One of the worst officiated games Ive seen in a long time. Even the Knicks were hinting at the fact they were clobbering the guy.

The Knicks are a disaster. Carmelo is a lost superstar on a team that does not know what he is, and doesn't appear to want him to be what he is. And D'Antoni runs nothing but the pick and roll. Holy hell. A physical game and Amare has 3 rebounds...

I would take Taj everyday of the week, over Boozer, and spend that money elsewhere. I will take effort, every time.
    Last edited by mrmouth; March 13, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

34 points 7 assists 6 rebounds.. Rose has never been terribly efficient.
    Pretty much the only important thing in basketball is efficiency. 34 points on 29 shots isn't spectacular. I mean it's decent, but not exactly the kind of game that you want to point to when you're calling him a great ball player.

Stats are not everything.

2-4 of those shot attempts are end-of-quarter/shot-clock heaves when either he is trusted to lob it half-court or no team-mate can get open at all. There goes 4 shots.

And every time you are fouled, the shot does not register unless it is a made shot.

Rose was hacked last night, hacked all game and got NO calls. Should have shot 8-10 more FTs than he did. Take off another 4 or 5 shots.

Speaking of stats

Top Ten: Player PER +/- Defensive PER

1. LeBron James: Own- 33.5, Opponent, 9.4. Net Average: +24.1
    2. Dwyane Wade: Own- 27.9, Opponent, 10.3. Net Average: 17.7+
    3. Kevin Durant: Own- 27.3, Opponent, 11.7. Net Average: 15.6+
    4. Dwight Howard: Own- 25.4, Opponent, 10.9. Net Average: 14.5+
    5. Derrick Rose: Own- 24.7, Opponent, 11.4. Net Average: 13.3+
    6. Chris Paul: Own- 25.9, Opponent, 13.4. Net Average: 12.5+
    7. Kobe Bryant: Own- 23.4, Opponent, 11.9 Net Average: 11.5+
    8. Andre Iguodala: Own- 18.1, Opponent, 6.9. Net Average: 11.2+
    9. Andrew Bynum: Own- 22.9, Opponent, 12.4 Net Average: 10.6+
    10. Kevin Love: Own- 25.1, Opponent, 14.8. Net Average: 10.3+

http://www.82games.com/1112/ROLRTG2.HTM

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Pretty much the only important thing in basketball is efficiency. 34 points on 29 shots isn't spectacular. I mean it's decent, but not exactly the kind of game that you want to point to when you're calling him a great ball player.
    Why would anyone ever point to one game as the reason someone is or isn't a great ballplayer? Taking the context out of the games makes looking at stats completely meaningless. Besides, you're ignoring the fact that even with last nights mediocre game where Derrick Rose played bad yet still was a net positive to the outcome of the game, he's still averaging a 55% TS% for the season which is above average efficiency for a guard in the nba. Ignoring that before all the injuries to Bulls starters and Rose himself, Rose was averaging a 57% TS% for the season, well above average.

Ignoring further the fact that Rose is about 0/19 for last second half court heaves for the season, which would raise his 3P% from 31 to 34.5%.

Derrick Rose has never been super-efficient, he's still winning ball games though for a 35-9 team in his 4th season. Things were much easier when the team was healthy, Rose was hanging back and taking like 13 shots per game, going like 6/13. Now with all the injuries he has to take 30 shots, and he doesn't like it. Teams key in on him, collapse the paint.

sheesh, don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm just saying that his last game wan't particularly good. I din't say anything about him as a player. you bulls fans are so touchy when it comes to rose.

And it's really the defense that wins for the bulls, not their super charged offense. As seen in the ECF last year.

I'm not being touchy I'm just replying to your post. You said people wouldn't point to his last game as an example of a great ball player. I replied that pointing to a single game to draw conclusions is silly, then showed efficiency statistics from a wider sample size.

As to your second statement, I'd argue that the Bulls offense this year has been elite just like their defense. Bulls are ranked high in offensive efficiency, I think #1 or #2 or something like that in the league. This is due in large part to their high team assists per game average which is also top 2 in the league.

but yeah, he had a bad game. But its awesome that a bad game for Derrick Rose means 32 points and 8 assists and however many blocks/rebounds he had. Oh, and the W. Let's not ignore the W.
    Last edited by RZZZA; March 13, 2012 at 03:00 PM.