Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV quiz contestant killed by boyfriend after confessing live on air she worked as seedy nightclub dancer and prostitute

Default TV quiz contestant killed by boyfriend after confessing live on air she worked as seedy nightclub dancer and prostitute

A TV quiz contestant was drugged, beaten and then hanged by her boyfriend for revealing live on air how she worked as a seedy nightclub dancer and prostitute and not, as he believed, in a call centre.
    Bryan Romero Leiva has confessed to killing Ruth Thalia Sayas, 19, after she appeared on the controversial television show El Valor De La Verdad (The Value Of The truth) in Peru in July.
    The outraged boyfriend drugged the teenager with a sleeping tablet, killed her and, with the help of a relative, hid her body in a well in Jicamarca, on the outskirts of the capital Lima, on September 11.

The taxi driver was arrested this weekend moments before he was due to leave his home and flee to Ecuador, Peruvian newspaper El Comercio has reported.
    The contentious, yet extremely popular, Saturday night show sees contestants honestly answering intimate questions, which they have been asked off-camera beforehand, in return for vast cash sums.

The maximum cash prize for answering 21 questions is 50,000 Soles (£11,800). Sayas decided to retire from the quiz after winning 15,000 Soles (£3,500).
    But the damage had already been done.
    During the quiz, Sayas was asked, in succession, if her parents would be ashamed at her job, if she worked at a nightclub and if she had ever been paid for sex.

In response, she revealed how she did indeed work in a seedy club as a dancer, and had also previously charged money in return for sexual favours.
    She was watched, from a nearby sofa, by her distraught parents and an increasingly angry-looking Romero.
    It is not the first time the show's format has caused controversy.
    It has previously aired in Colombia, but was scrapped after a woman confessed to hiring a hitman to kill her husband. She also admitted to drug trafficking and corruption.
    Source

First the woman who chops her husband's cock and now this, some seriously ed up on Peru

Well, while it was a pretty awful crime I get what was going in her boyfriend's head- probably overreacted though.
    Last edited by beckyolt; September 24, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: TV quiz contestant killed by boyfriend after confessing live on air she worked as seedy nightclub dancer and prostitute

And I though Japanese game shows where up, this brings a new level to it. But why would you reveal something like that on TV, there's better places to do that, like during a family dinner
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

Default Re: TV quiz contestant killed by boyfriend after confessing live on air she worked as seedy nightclub dancer and prostitute

Maybe she wanted to buy the new iPhone, and her piggy bank was empty?
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Her boy"friend" is an ass.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Daily Fail. This probably never happened.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Daily Fail. This probably never happened.
    I was kind of shocked at this story. But then I saw Vanoi's post and since the Daily Mail is basically what Fox would be if it ran a newspaper and was British well...
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah I doubt this too since this kind of news usually exceeds the threshold for news pretty quickly here. And not a thing about it so far.. But wouldn't be that big of a surprise really if this's true. I think in that part of the world murder is the answer for every problem.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Damn me and my laziness when it comes to reading.
    Last edited by Blatta Optima Maxima; September 25, 2012 at 03:02 AM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Obviously, he is far more despicable than she was. Faaaar more
    And the TV show is: "you want money? We want you to humiliate"
    Last edited by mishkin; September 25, 2012 at 06:37 AM.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Reminds me of that time some homo revealed his secret crush on some unsuspecting guy on Jerry Springer, and got murdered for his trouble.

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Is this the real life?

Gee, the recent news make Peru look like a nut place

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

We have had that kind of TV programme in Denmark aswell. Funny, how people will admit to having committed petty theft or having cheated on their lovers just to win some cash...
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    We have had that kind of TV programme in Denmark aswell. Funny, how people will admit to having committed petty theft or having cheated on their lovers just to win some cash...
    I'll do that for free.

cool story

Double A's Avatar person man

How stupid do you have to be to actually tell the truth? At least she wasn't smarter than her boyfriend.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    How stupid do you have to be to actually tell the truth? At least she wasn't smarter than her boyfriend.
    They use a lie detector, obviously! If a contestant lies, he/she is out.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Crazy

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by the new username View Post
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Caught in a landslide

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

no escape from reality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast