Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa of Appius Horatius Regillus

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

Default Villa of Appius Horatius Regillus

Nestled in the Apennine Mountains of Central Italy, the remote villa of the Horatia gens is now the home of the head of the family, Appius Horatius Regillus. Having entered into a period of self-isolation in the secluded position of the villa following the death of his mother, Appius has only recently decided to end his self imposed exile from Rome in order to throw himself into the political battleground of senatorial Rome.

Inhabitants

Appius Horatius Regillus

Finances

45 BCE -

Current Treasury: 1,000 Denarii
    Spent: 4,000 Denarii

Possessions:
    1 Small Farm - Grain
    20 Slaves

WIP
    Last edited by Watercress; September 24, 2011 at 02:40 PM.

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

Default Re: Villa of Appius Horatius Regillus

Senator Burcanius has come for an audience
    The Roman Struggle: Publilus Sempremonius Lucullus, Roman Pro-Consul
    Aux character: Tetius Ateius Burcanius
    GSTK:Francois de Guyenne, Knight

Several of the household slaves guide the respected senator into the courtyard, where Appius is found, observing the mountain sights viewable from his home. He turned, suddenly noticing his guest.

'Oh, Ave! forgive my surprise, i was not informed of your arrival. Come, come, sit.'

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

Burcamius sat down

''I came to greet the newest Senator in Rome in the name of Publilus Sempremonius Lucullus the Pro-Consul of Sicilia et Africa.''
    The Roman Struggle: Publilus Sempremonius Lucullus, Roman Pro-Consul
    Aux character: Tetius Ateius Burcanius
    GSTK:Francois de Guyenne, Knight

'Oh, wonderful. Give my regards to the good Proconsul when you meet him. I hear we are facing troubles in Africa, of late.'

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Consul Gnaeus arrives to meet the Senator
    ...treasure, pleasure, leisure, les yeux;
    It's all in your eyes.

Slaves guide Gnaeus towards the Courtyard, where Appius and Senator Burcanius are talking. He turned towards the latest arrival.

'Ave, good senator. Are you another well wisher? I must say, i thought the Senate was far less friendly than in my father's day.'

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"Depends on where your meeting the Senators, Appius" Gnaeus chuckled "People tend to change in the Curia." Gnaeus produced a bottle of wine, "A little welcome to Rome, from the family Tranquilli"
    It's all in your eyes.

Appius smiled.

'Ah, thank you Senator. Wine and other luxuries are rarer up here in the hills, where the soil is less productive than that of the great plantations near the Tiber. I have to have these brought from the markets of Rome. Shall we have a glass?'

He beckoned for a slave, who opened the bottle and started pouring the wine into glasses.

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

the Consul held his glass high "Too Rome Senator" he spoke
    It's all in your eyes.

'Romana Victoria, Gentlemen.'

Appius took a sip.

'So, has anything interesting the senate occurred recently?'

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"We have currently put to vote a bill in the Senate, that is basically my view on the Numidian war, against the views of my fellow Consul. He believes he should lead our armies their and claim victory and glory for himself, whereas i believe we should give the honour to the current Pro-Consul Lucullus. He is the direct ruler of those lands under the Senate, and it is my view that the people in Africa need to see that the Senate trusts the men it sends to govern them, rather than them being made subordinate everytime trouble arises. My bill is simple, I shall go as advisor to him, and he shall command the armies, i will raise a Legion, Cavalry and Archers and shall send them there to help the cause as well as asking my esteemed ally to bring his men to Numidia. My fellow Consuls bill is basically the same, however his involves, him being Commander, and as he can't raise a legion, he would then raise more cavalry than i could. The bill needs to be passed quickly i fear, and as of now there is a stalemate which needs to be broken. I ask you Senator please consider what i have said, and go and vote on this matter. If you vote for him, i will not mind, the sooner this bill passes the better for our lands." Gnaeus smiled, "But apart from that nothing much."

ooc- If you do want to vote, i'm the top guy and he's the bottom
    It's all in your eyes.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Consul Corva enters;

"Ah, I see my fellow Consul is here! Do you wonder why he is so eager to meet you? Trust me, it is not for your company, but merely for your vote. He is the type of person who is all smiles and flatteries but at the end of the day only wants to use your vote for his personal gain. Some advice. Vote for yourself, or abstain to stay neutral, not how others would want you to. "
    Blut und Boden

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ooc- Now you do know you can't do that, don't you?
    It's all in your eyes.

Appius pondered.

'Hmm, considering i am only fresh to the political scene, i would say that is not right that i bear the burden of such a vote. On the other hand, a tempting offer would sway my choice of action considerably...'

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"How tempting Senator, a vote from me in elections to come, and gift of 500 cavalry once the Numidian war is over." Gnaeus smiled
    It's all in your eyes.

"Well I am the wealthiest man in Rome, a vote for me and I could help your position considerably.

Of course, bribery is illegal...so we would have to come to some sort of arrangement."
    Blut und Boden

Appius paused, sitting down, considering his options.

'I don't want to enter the world of politics in a manner such as this; immediately isolating myself from one faction of the Senate. So, i will abstain. We will leave it to fate to decide our victor.'

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"Yes you are wealthy Consul but if this bill passes in your favour you wouldn't have much of that left would you?" Gnaeus sighed "I will give you this offer, Senator, and an offer of financial support whenever it is needed, however Africa is more important to me, than gaining another vote. Please i beg you vote now Senator, we cannot afford this to go on any longer. I will not stand here and try to beat my collaegue down, who should be ashamed at himself for barging into your home in such a manner." He stared down at the wine that had fallen into his lap when the Senator had burst in. "I wish no more bickering."
    It's all in your eyes.

"I agree with you Senator Regillus, if I were in your place I would not want to be involved in such a politically charged bill.

My fellow Consul here does not seem to respect your decision however, he would probably prostrate himself before you to get you to vote in his favor.

Anyways, I will leave you to the rest of your day, sir."

Corva steps outside to where he had a cart of slaves recently arrived from Ostia and suddenly had a thought.

"Regillus, a new man in Rome deserves a helping hand without any obligation of voting in my favor or at all. These slaves will be helpful on your new farms. Consider them a welcoming gift to the horrible world of politics."

*10 slaves are gifted to Horatius*
    Last edited by Aetius; September 23, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
    Blut und Boden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast