Thread: General Recruitment, Unit Strength, Female General

Default General Recruitment, Unit Strength, Female General

So, the remaining issues I'm having.

I want to add a female general as a once per game spawnable unit per conditions. I believe in order to do this I need to create a new agent type that can do what normal general characters do aside Marry and join family. The biggest road block I foresee is the connections between Unit <-> Character <-> Names <-> Luac files. I think because I am creating a new agent with the ability to command_land, I won't have to actually worry about blocking them from marriage or adoption. However, this may cause problems in being able to give them a commission.

I still can't find where general recruitment occurs in any of the lua files, or how it connects to one of the six possible general's in the agent_culture_details, 3 of which only differ by ID type (125, 118, 6) which doesn't seem to appear anywhere...There is a enlist_commander.luac file in the UI structure, but I'm assuming no one has decompiled those files yet.

On a side note: Unit strength. All of my units are correctly calculated by the battlefield "cacl" but they don't seem to have any positive effect on campaign faction strength (In Dipo UI). I figured out that "Paths Seldom Trod" has the unfortunate effect of causing the BDI to not recognize the units but still can't seem to effect faction strength. This I believe will cause the AI to be much more aggressive towards you and will send units on suicide missions.

Default Re: General Recruitment, Unit Strength, Female General

I have no idea how to make it spawnable per conditions, but i can assist you in making a female general unit that can be recruited with a unit cap of 1.

If you want i can make it for you and post it as a mod here?

That I can do, the problem is creating the agent type and all that. I want the female general to be able have a commission but not be able to do other things that General Characters can do.

However, all that aside, I am currently getting vary frustrated with the campaign's calculation of Military Strength...I can't seem to get it to recognize custom units...

As in you want to appoint a woman to a comission but not to be a physical general that fights and takes part in battles? Like a silent partner as such?

what do you mean the campaign isn't recognising custom units? I've created many custom units that the enemy AI creates and uses against me. You dont have this?

The game will use the units but the Faction Military Strength, which you see in the diplomacy UI, doesn't appear to account for them.

In regards to the Female General, no I want to create a general type that is limited to one (easy enough) and can do everything a normal general can do except Marriage and Adoption.

Except you could have girl on girl marriage!

I cant help you with the female general issue, but if you want i can help you with the diplomacy thing.

Have you tried makinga unit with 1000 men and then buffing it out so armor is 9999 and the same for melee/defence/charge etc...?

Yeah, I treid that last night. Mind you I haven't created a Navy but it's so strange, I've start tested campaigns just recruiting stacks of seriously overpowered units, and I can't ever seem to get the Diplomacy power rating above "Moderate"

As a side note though, the AI seems to be aware of the army's strength, I get a peace offer immediately after the 1st turn on very hard, and then every single turn after that, The AI even offered me money for peace at the 4th turn on very hard, and I've never seen the AI offer money for peace on any level. All this without ever actually engaging the enemy.

Additional Notes:
    I've figured out the Culture General recruitment is based on either 0, 2, or 4. Not the unique culture_agent ID as I had previously thought. I've seen some interesting values here and there but still can't figure out how to specifiy a unique general per faction without creating a whole new culture (which I'm sure isn't really possible right now).

Inregards to the Female General, I don't think it's at all possible to do this the way I want to do it until we can decompile .luac files. Creating the actual unit, and even the Agent type is easy enough, it when it comes down to the seperation of a male general <> female general in family and UI related issues that it becomes problematic.

Has anyone figured out what the last 4 booleans do in unit_stats_land? I figured out the one right after the voice commands is the boolean "Spiderman Climbing?" Where the unit can mount walls like spider man and not lose a single unit.

i think the 'moderate' factor relates to the total number of unit cards. IE: the total capacity of your army in terms of individual cohorts. Not sure how you could get it to work otherwise. But it sounds like for all intents & purposes it's working practically in-game, no?

RE: female general, is there a way to make the agent a 'wife'?

Make the agent a wife? Hmm, I think I know what you're getting at, however a Sister(Brother) might be even better. HUH....that would solve a great many problems..

As far as agents go i've only tampered with the amount you can build (ie in my campaign in can have upto 12 ninja instead of 5 but made it harder to get them upskilled). If you do get this working, let us know what you did cause it would be awesome to be able to create custom agents.