Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nabudis Civil War

Default The Nabudis Civil War

Chancellor Alexander sighs. The thing he had worked for two years to prevent has happened. The lines have been drawn. The Kingdom is divided into three states :

Kingdom of Nabudis
    The Northern faction, backing Crown Princess Selene, who has now been crowned Selene II, Queen of Nabudis by the Archbishop of Barcleona. She spoke after her coronation promising to lead Nabudis into a new age..also promising to liberate the Catholics who suffer under Moslem rule to the south. Most of the nobles cheered this statement, swearing their fealty to the new Queen.
    Population : 3,000,000
    Capitial : Barcelona

The Kingdom of the Isles
    Monarch- Victarion I
    Population : 1,000,000
    Capitial : Solenzara
    Victarion never had the support his older sisters were capable of getting, either Selene from her noble demeanor and actions befitting a ruler or Crystal mainuplating people into serving her or losing everything. But he did have support in the Islands, and at the outbreak of the civil war, he fled to Solenzara with most of the Royal Navy to set up his own Kingdom, and entered the civil war instead of being a pawn in Crystal's manipulations. He mainly opposes Crystal, but does keep an eye on Selene, as she is the strongest of the three.

Kingdom of Nabudis(Southern)
    Monarch : Crystal XI
    Capitial : Toledo
    Population : 2,000,000

The Southern nobles, when Selene was declared Queen by the Archbishop, countered by crowning her younger sister Queen of Nabudis, Crystal XI. Crystal has manipulated most of the nobles along with her trusted vassal, Duke Miraz into near-absolute loyalty to her. If they could break free of this web...she would rapidly lose support..but she has ensured it is hard for them to escape..and those who do, are mercilessly hunted by the Klesspersendo(Crystal's assassins and spies).

The stage is now set, and some pieces are moving..but how the world will react to this has yet to be seen..some may support one claimant...or take advantage of the civil war and attack..to which the three rulers of the divided Nabudis may put their personal war aside to defend the Kingdom..

Forces per Kingdom will be posted soon.

Edit : Cancelled.
    Last edited by Xion; September 25, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: The Nabudis Civil War

The Greco-Roman emperor Alexius I Comemnus wishes to state that should any of the three factions attempt to disrput greco-roman trade shipments then they will be dealt with harshly. He would also like to state that while he will not make any direct/indirect attacks upon the three factions he does support Crystal IX.

OOC: Would Crystal opt to marry the Greco-Roman Emperor?
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; September 23, 2011 at 04:53 PM.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

OOC ; If she could see some advantage in it, yes. but as of right now she does not, so no.

OOC: I do not know, I could easily counter Victarions fleet and a legion could tip the favour in a land battle. Also she could manipulate the emperor later on
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; September 23, 2011 at 04:53 PM.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

OOC : Still no. Just stay to your Sphere of Influence for now.

OOC: Bummer Would it be a possible option if she starts to lose support, she seems like the type that would do anything to gain power.
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; September 23, 2011 at 04:54 PM.

c00ki3's Avatar Decanus

Baldwin sends a letter to two of the leaders. He believed the Kingdom of the Islands was to weak to care about..

Dear Crystal,
    We demand you give your seat to Selena at once. She was elected as the ruler, and you are only being greedy. We might live far off, but we will send in force if necessary

Dear Selena,
    We are sending a detachment of Templars to help you as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by c00ki3 View Post
    Baldwin sends a letter to two of the leaders. He believed the Kingdom of the Islands was to weak to care about..

Dear Crystal,
    We demand you give your seat to Selena at once. She was elected as the ruler, and you are only being greedy. We might live far off, but we will send in force if necessary

Dear Selena,
    We are sending a detachment of Templars to help you as we speak.
    OOC : It's not known that Selene is the rightful heir. Crystal burned the will and has not told anyone sans Miraz.

Crystal burns the message and screams at Miraz to find out if anyone had leaked the secret.

Selene smiles and writes a letter back to Baldwin thanking him for the support.

OOC : She is Martin. Crystal would even ally the Moors to secure the throne for herself.

jakev2's Avatar Primicerius

König Johannes ponders the news while sat casually on his throne. He knows that this was will prove a great opportunity to forge a firm alliance with the winner, but choosing the winner will be an altogether more difficult test...

Köln plans to join the war with a sizeable force, but for now nobody knows who they will support
    House Tully, Lords Paramount of the Trident in A Game of Thrones RPG

OOC: The emperor sees this as an attempt by everyone to gain influence over the Iberian Peninsula and therefore:
    Factions that are at war with the Greco-Roman Empire are enemies and can not get dilpomatic penalties for actions in the Civil War.
    Factions that are neutral to the Greco-Roman Empire will not be given an official declaration of war and will still be considered neutral. They will suffer moderate diplomatic penalties if they directly attack Greco-Roman forces.
    Factions that are allied to the Greco-Roman Empire will suffer minor diplomatic penalties if they join a different side. they will suffer heavy diplomatic penalties and be considered enemies of the empire if they directly/indirectly attack greco-roman forces.
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; September 23, 2011 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenkruz View Post
    Chancellor Alexander sighs. The thing he had worked for two years to prevent has happened. The lines have been drawn. The Kingdom is divided into three states :

Kingdom of Nabudis
    The Northern faction, backing Crown Princess Selene, who has now been crowned Selene II, Queen of Nabudis by the Archbishop of Barcleona. She spoke after her coronation promising to lead Nabudis into a new age..also promising to liberate the Catholics who suffer under Moslem rule to the south. Most of the nobles cheered this statement, swearing their fealty to the new Queen.
    Population : 3,000,000
    Capitial : Barcelona

The Kingdom of the Isles
    Monarch- Victarion I
    Population : 1,000,000
    Capitial : Solenzara
    Victarion never had the support his older sisters were capable of getting, either Selene from her noble demeanor and actions befitting a ruler or Crystal mainuplating people into serving her or losing everything. But he did have support in the Islands, and at the outbreak of the civil war, he fled to Solenzara with most of the Royal Navy to set up his own Kingdom, and entered the civil war instead of being a pawn in Crystal's manipulations. He mainly opposes Crystal, but does keep an eye on Selene, as she is the strongest of the three.

Kingdom of Nabudis(Southern)
    Monarch : Crystal XI
    Capitial : Toledo
    Population : 2,000,000

The Southern nobles, when Selene was declared Queen by the Archbishop, countered by crowning her younger sister Queen of Nabudis, Crystal XI. Crystal has manipulated most of the nobles along with her trusted vassal, Duke Miraz into near-absolute loyalty to her. If they could break free of this web...she would rapidly lose support..but she has ensured it is hard for them to escape..and those who do, are mercilessly hunted by the Klesspersendo(Crystal's assassins and spies).

The stage is now set, and some pieces are moving..but how the world will react to this has yet to be seen..some may support one claimant...or take advantage of the civil war and attack..to which the three rulers of the divided Nabudis may put their personal war aside to defend the Kingdom..

Forces per Kingdom will be posted soon.
    A map would help clairify if possible, nothing fancy, just I'm a bit confused on zones exactly.

Map uploaded.
    Northern Nabudis- Brown
    Southern- Red
    Islands- Blue (Balerics are part of the Island Kingdom, I couldn't get the smaller islands to change color..I ended up clicking on the ocean..)
    Last edited by Xion; October 28, 2011 at 10:06 AM.

Prinz Jacob, brother of König Johannes, (in Nabudis for the tournament) wishes to speak privately with Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by jakev2 View Post
    Prinz Jacob, brother of König Johannes, (in Nabudis for the tournament) wishes to speak privately with Crystal.
    OOC : Crystal isn't in Barcelona, and her location is unknown to the Northern Kingdom, although they believe she is either at her capitial or Miraz's Castle in Valencia. But you can meet with one of her spies.

Prinz Jacob sees before three cloaked figures, wearing masks inside his tent. They look around for any Northern Chevaliers or patrols before speaking.

"Our mistress could not be available to meet with you. But we can listen to you on her behalf."

"I see...well, tell her these exact words: I, Prinz Jacob, will personally do all in my power to see her on the throne of Nabudis. Though my brother has support in the Rhine, as well as from the Order of St. Boniface, I am favoured in the regions of eastphalia and Hesse. I can seize control of the army in that part of Köln and march on your enemies with 20,000 strong men - all I need is her approval and her foes will be vanquished."

OOC: Looks like Crystal has plenty of support needed to conquer her two siblings, with the Greco-Roman Western Fleet to counter Victarians and Prince Jacobs 20,00 men to close the gap between Crystal and Selene's armies the war will not last long.

Crystal is yet to decide whether to accept Jacob's support - she has more to consider than simply the fact that he controls 20,000 men.

I am not saying it is definite I am saying that if she accepts all of this support she will have a very good chance of winning the crown. I would like to point out that she will probably have to ally with a strong naval power anyway to remove the threat of moorish reinforcements and the chance of Victarian blockading her ports.

Quote Originally Posted by jakev2 View Post
    "I see...well, tell her these exact words: I, Prinz Jacob, will personally do all in my power to see her on the throne of Nabudis. Though my brother has support in the Rhine, as well as from the Order of St. Boniface, I am favoured in the regions of eastphalia and Hesse. I can seize control of the army in that part of Köln and march on your enemies with 20,000 strong men - all I need is her approval and her foes will be vanquished."
    "We will.."

The spies return to Toledo where they find Crystal leering over a map of Spain.
    "Miraz. Take the First Army and march north towards Leon. Burn any estates of the traitors that you see. Lure my sister's army out into battle, then fall back, evading conflict while using the Zenaga and Jinetes to harass her to no end. Glozelle, Sophosian. We will then march northwards on the coast and seize the Capitial before trapping the pretender's army..in one swift stroke, the North will fall...then the Islands will be easy to sweep aside as their King is a incapable fool."

The three men nod, and speak in unison.
    "As you command, your majesty."

The spies report to Crystal what the Prinz informed them. She says nothing but starts to smile..her plan seems to be more of a reality now..

OOC :
    Pretty much the foreign support will not be used by Crystal unless she starts losing. But yes, I am slightly suprised at the amount of support she has to draw on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast