Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Completed)

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XLIV uploaded - May 28)

This is a suberb AAR: I started reading it a few days ago and now I need more! : You inspired me to start my own AAR as the Date Clan, but I will be surprised if its a tenth as good as this masterpiece.

Takanaga you bastard!

HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!

Poor Kojiro..

Quote Originally Posted by Boustrophedon View Post
    Not...enough...rep...to...give you

Loving this new stuff!
    There's always more to be given, I'm sure of it...

Quote Originally Posted by HeirofAlexander View Post
    Nononononono... He escaped.

Loved the duel between Shingen and Kenshin, though. Really well written, you caught the emotions and the ice between them really well .
    Glad you liked the dialogue. The chapter was delayed by about three days because I kept rewriting the middle few paragraphs. Happyrelieve it worked out in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    He's a bad man... Poor Kojiro.

It's a shame the alliance still holds, otherwise things would have really kicked off.

Keep up the great work! +rep
    I considered that..declaring war on everyone - just for the lulz - but decided against it. Kenshin's supposed to be a man of honour after all..

Quote Originally Posted by SamWarrior View Post
    Awesome update!

At least takanaga doesn't have an army yet so you have time to prepare.

Can't wait for the destrucuction of the ashikaga. +rep after my 24 hours are up.
    Thanks for the comment and rep as for Takanaga - needless to say this hasn't been the last of him

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Ah, Takanaga is out to make more troubles... Gruesome escape, but a great last picture!
    Excellent update!
    Köszönöm I was pondering whether to make the escape more messy and graphic than it was actually

A bit of an update - I started a new job last week and it's taken up much of my time during the week. Next chapter should come some time during the week, or if not then definitely by the weekend. Sorry for the delay..
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Laetus

I have a feeling takanaga is gonna raise an army and rebel. Either that or he's gonna do something to make nobushige look bad or something

Great work btw keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Berylum View Post
    I have a feeling takanaga is gonna raise an army and rebel. Either that or he's gonna do something to make nobushige look bad or something

Great work btw keep it up
    Thanks

Next chapter up shortly - sorry for the delay guys..

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

XLV: Love and duty

1562 – Summer

Pale smoke rose slowly from the castle machi, emanating from the scatter of houses furthest to the west. In the past years Osaka had grown from a forgotten Takaoka settlement to the rugged garrison of the western army, to what was now one of the richest castles in the Takeda domains. The victory against the Takaoka – for all the troubles it brought within the army itself – managed to inspire some degree of confidence among the peasantry of our ability to sustain our position in the Kansai. Consequently as land was appropriated among the army and its ever bulging contingent of retainers, advisors, servants and taggers-along, numerous merchants, craftsmen and ryokan owners took up tenancy in the areas surrounding the castle. The resulting increase in activity gave the machi a real sense of prosperity this land had likely not seen in many a year, I thought. Watching the tiny outlines of men traversing the broad causeways stretching from the castle gates I couldn’t help but feel a sense of personal pride at the improvements Osaka – like the rest of our domain before it – had witnessed. I had done little to effect any change directly, admittedly, but the successful execution of our agricultural and tax reforms was cause for much satisfaction regardless. With Harunobu successfully extending our alliance with the Uesugi in the north I felt certain our position in the Kansai could be further strengthened should the Takaoka mount another offensive.

It was with some irritation therefore that I read Harunobu’s latest letter – intimating that I may be required to relocate back to the eastern provinces once the western frontier was secure. Little Nobutoyo had uttered his first word several months ago and took great joy in everything life was introducing to him. Masako – an archetypal Kanto girl in almost every sense – had also become accustomed to the lusher surroundings here. It was no secret that my brother had fallen in love with the idea of having Kenshin as his fated rival, and sought to settle it with him sooner or later once the shogun’s retinue of puppets had exhausted themselves, but I hadn’t anticipated he’d ask for my participation. I had few qualms about taking up the sword again, for in any case we prepared daily for battle, and while taking on the Uesugi daimyo bore little attraction to me beyond testing myself against a worthy foe I agreed that Kenshin posed more of a threat to our ambitions than the other less illustrious clans in the west. Nonetheless the idea of relinquishing command of the western to another appealed to me little. For the entirety of the western campaigns these men had served dutifully under me, and abandoning them was something I agreed little with. With the events of the past year taking a more peaceful turn the thought of uprooting the lives of my wife and infant son also felt distinctly unappealing.

“Are you reading that cursed letter again?”

As the girl’s words subsided into the thin morning air, I felt the tips of her slender fingers as they came to a rest on my shoulders. Since the birth of our child she had recovered quickly, and matured well into a loving mother but also a capable lady of the castle. Her parents had afforded her a fine education in the arts, and her delicate eloquence made her a far more suitable host than I for the more academic among our guests. Her words were true enough – it wasn’t exactly the first time she’d caught me pondering over the troublesome paper scroll. Perhaps she sensed there was little alternative should departure become a necessity, and while she did little to express her displeasure I knew the signs all too well. To her the real war to secure our domains was over and that our campaigns now were fuelled by ambition more than necessity. While that may have been true for Harunobu’s obsession with the Uesugi the reality was sadly more complex.

“Who am I to ask anyway,” she spoke softly in that pensive voice of hers, “you will do nothing but follow the commands of your brother. Meanwhile our son must find his way in life without his father. Would you ever opt for what is good for us? For your family? Your son?”

“Harunobu is my brother but more importantly the daimyo of our clan. As a man of the sword indiscipline is ill-afforded at the best of times. I must do what is right for the clan – you know this…”

I turned away, fearful of Masako’s melancholy reaction, but even as the words left my mouth I could sense her sigh lightly, the touch of her hands ever so slightly heavier upon my shoulders. It was not the answer she wanted to hear, but I had little better to offer her. With the Takaoka still standing strong, Shikoku – a mere day’s sail from the port at Osaka – still firmly under control of the hostile Chosokabe and the Uesugi watching from the sidelines in the north, an end to the fighting still seemed an impossibly distant goal – one only attainable through the defeat of those who oppose us.

“…I want little Nobutoyo to grow up to live a life of peace, not the hap-hazard warring ways of his father. I want us to spend our days together…”

It was my turn to sigh. “The life you want is but a dream until those clans who wish for our deaths are put to the sword. As Harunobu’s brother and one of the council it is my duty to support him in his campaigns. Nobutoyo will grow up a good samurai worthy of the Takeda name.”

“But-“

“When the wars are over there will be lasting peace, and when that happens nothing will stand in the way of the life you so desire. I want it as much as you, my dear.”

It wouldn’t be enough, but it would have to do, I thought as we shared a wistful embrace. Perhaps one day Masako’s wishes would become something other than a fanciful dream, but before then we would need to be ready for the battles which no doubt lay in wait for us. First though I would need to find a resolution for Takanaga. Imprisonment had been an unfortunate necessity, and his presence in the bowels of the castle did all involved few favours. Sending Takanaga’s old camp mate had been Masako’s suggestion, and was meant to pacify the man while a more permanent solution was found. Perhaps I would write to old Nobuaki and request for the old Yamadera patriarch to remove his son...

Must…keep…going…

Takanaga wiped the sweat from his brows as he struggled to keep himself awake and alert atop his horse. Progress homeward had been slow. With the Takeda no doubt on the lookout for their fugitive he dared not take the main roads, instead sticking to mountain crossings and minor paths. Traversing the Kansai – typically a day or two’s journeying at worst – had taken almost a week as a result, and the journey had exacted a steep toll upon both man and horse. Already weakened from imprisonment, Takanaga was desperate to reach Odawara as soon as possible. He would ride through Shinano and cross over into Kai and Sagami from there, he decided, opting against taking the Tokaido road where the string of garrisoned fortresses would prove daunting obstacles. The southern regions of Shinano were nominally controlled by the Kiso of Iida castle, and traversing through the mountains there would allow him to advance undetected. Having escaped the clutches of imprisonment he would take no chances now.

Takanaga paused for a moment to take in the surrounding as his horse stood atop the latest in a long succession of hills. It was high summer now, and the loud rustle of crickets rang out from all about him. The hills all around sloped gentle away from him, descending into the valley of the Kiso River. The three tiers of Iida castle could be seen in the distance, its pale walls framed by the tall mountains separating him from the Takeda heartlands. If all was well he would be in Sagami within a week or two, he calculated, and before long his father would learn of Nobushige’s treatment of him. Nobushige would pay for his flaunting of the very rules he purported to uphold…

“Who goes there!!”

Takanaga reacted slowly to the voice behind him. He had slept little and eaten even less in the past days, surviving on a diet of mountain fruits, and his reactions were blunted by the empty feeling in his stomach. As his eyes met the riders behind him however the numbness within him evaporated in a second. There were but two, or three of them, but murder was in their eyes, and their drawn weapons were ample proof of their intent. Suddenly feeling as if a river of ice had flowed through his spine, Takanaga kicked back with enough force to cause his mount – a full blooded warhorse no less – to bay loudly before setting off reluctantly. Ordinarily he would have few qualms duelling with his assailants but deprived of food and rest he knew he was in scant shape to take on several fully armed men. Crashing through the narrow mountain road before him Takanaga raised an arm to defend himself from the various branches and foliage that lined his path, cursing loudly each time the thick vegetation struck him in the face and torso. He had little idea of where the road led, or how he planned to escape his pursuers, but rode on desperately nonetheless. Meanwhile the riders behind him gave chase, yelling both instructions to each other and expletives at their victim.

TWANG-

Takanaga looked back but only in time to see the still-drawn yumi of the lead rider before an arrow embedded itself in the hind leg of his horse. The animal let out a primal shriek of pain before collapsing under its own weight. Try as he might to stay balanced Takanaga could only delay the inevitable by a second before tumbling from his saddle. Cradling his head as he rolled down the incline all sense of orientation was lost amid the choking dust which flew all about him, and all he could hear were the cries of the riders and the dull thud of his own body crashing repeatedly against the ground. He never saw the bed-sized rock that lay at the bottom of the hill, and as his body crashed against it bolts of agony cascaded throughout his body.

Then there was darkness, and a peculiar peace came about him as his senses faded...
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; June 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XLV uploaded - Jun 10)

Astonishing! I would need to begin reading dictionaries to be able to have as large a vocabulry as you do, good robinzx. Splendid as always!

So... Nobushige and Shingen will go and fight Kenshin...Interesting...

And Takanaga gets beaten up

Once again, great work, looking forward to see more from this .

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Can I ask what "machi" is?

Thanks.

A great update mate, dare I ask how you got this pictures? (Modding perhaps? )

And I'm sorry mate, but I laughed at this sentence:
    Her parents had afforded her a fine education in the arts, and her delicate eloquence made her a far more suitable host than I for the more academic among our guests.
    Mainly to get you back for the footnotes.

I have to ask, how on earth did you come up with that?

+rep I'll look forward to seeing just what they do to Takanaga...
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; June 10, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Only a matter of time before Kenshin get this message.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then an epic battle will happen.

The takeda will be pushed back.

Then the takeda will have one last charge.

And finally Uesugi will have crushed the Takeda once and for all. Shingen died honorably in the final battle to ensure that the Uesugi will be come the rightful Shoguns!!!

This is Kenshin's dream, don't ruin it for him.

Anyways, great update. I really don't feel sorry for takanaga right now however, but I feel that you are still going to use him.

Also waiting on the ultimate Uesugi-Takeda war as well.
    Last edited by ♔The Black Knight♔; June 11, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

Laetus

: : :Sparta: :Japan:
    Wow

jawdropjawdropjawdropjawdropjawdropjawdrop:
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; June 10, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

No place in Sengoku Japan is a safe place.

Astonishing! I would need to begin reading dictionaries to be able to have as large a vocabulry as you do, good robinzx. Splendid as always!

So... Nobushige and Shingen will go and fight Kenshin...Interesting...

And Takanaga gets beaten up

Once again, great work, looking forward to see more from this .
    Thanks Takanaga's story has another chapter in it if not two - keen eyes will probably spot the ending I have planned

Can I ask what "machi" is?

Thanks.

A great update mate, dare I ask how you got this pictures? (Modding perhaps? )

And I'm sorry mate, but I laughed at this sentence:

Mainly to get you back for the footnotes.

I have to ask, how on earth did you come up with that?

+rep I'll look forward to seeing just what they do to Takanaga...
    Each week you post something that I have a strong urge to delete parts of

Aliens will experiment on Takanaga ..and yea the pics were the result of modding.

This is Kenshin's dream, don't ruin it for him.

Anyways, great update. I really don't feel sorry for takanaga right now however, but I feel that you are still going to use him.

Also waiting on the ultimate Uesugi-Takeda war as well.
    Ahh..Kenshin. We shall see

I'm not sure what you're supposed to feel about Takanaga. I'll just say I'm happy with how the character is playing out for now

Quote Originally Posted by Berylum View Post
    : : :Sparta: :Japan:
    Wow

jawdropjawdropjawdropjawdropjawdropjawdrop:

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    No place in Sengoku Japan is a safe place.
    Correct! Certainly not when I'm writing about it anyway

Targetting this weekend for the next chapter.

Superb writing! I second HoA's comment on your vocabulary which is much more extensive than what one would expect (and certainly better then mine, especially since now you know some Hungarian as well )
    There are so many characters upon whom darkness falls in a cliffhanger (no pun intended), the surprise would be if Takanaga dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Superb writing! I second HoA's comment on your vocabulary which is much more extensive than what one would expect (and certainly better then mine, especially since now you know some Hungarian as well )
    There are so many characters upon whom darkness falls in a cliffhanger (no pun intended), the surprise would be if Takanaga dies...
    Google translate is a wonderful thing

I will endeavour to justify your high praise needless to say darkness will fall upon more than one person between now and the end.

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    Targetting this weekend for the next chapter.
    Okay obviously I failed/lied. The good news is that the chapter is written now and just needs proofreading and the like. Up tomorrow!

XLVI: For old times

1562 – Summer

Takanaga looked dejectedly at the solitary beam of light that illuminated his immediate surroundings. The cell – the second he had occupied in short succession –was small and lined with sturdy bars of wood. A foul smell seeped through the grass mats which lined the floor, enveloping his body in a miserable damp that drove him to stand whenever he could. Reflecting upon his fall from grace was not an activity Takanaga derived enjoyment from, but given the abundance of free time it was one he partook in often. At Kanazawa he had been afforded a healthy stipend and lived in comfort if not luxury, and despite the unfair treatment by Nobushige, he was still known and respected as a leader of the Takeda army. Given the clash with Nobushige escaping from Osaka castle had seemed a god sent piece of good fortune, but with hindsight that had merely landed him in his current predicament. Unlike at Osaka there would be no escape this time. The hefty metal chains around his ankle made sure of that, as did the guards who kept a constant eye on him and the other prisoners.

“Bring the prisoner! Yoshiyasu-sama wishes to speak with him!”

Takanaga turned slowly at the sound of the jailor’s gravelly voice. As the doors to his cell were open Takanaga made little effort to resist even as his chains were unlocked – an escape now would surely be doomed to failure with so many of the Kiso guards around. Instead he allowed himself to be manhandled and shepherded out, pondering as he marched forth semi-willingly. Kiso Yoshiyasu was known to be a careful but ambitious man, Takanaga recalled. He had thought of him as a coward after the Kiso broke their alliance to the Anegakoji in favour of the Takeda, but a decade on it was evident that the man’s shrewd manipulation had ensured the survival of his clan. After the Takeda expanded their position in the Kanto the man clung on to the Seiwa Genji ancestry he shared with the Takeda, and it seemingly worked during a time when far more illustrious ones fell by the wayside. Shingen-sama inexplicably – illogically in Takanaga’s view – left the Kiso to their own devices in this corner of Shinano. Takanaga wondered if Kiso Yoshiyasu would send him back to the Takeda, but remembered that after the shogun’s declaration of the Takeda as enemies of the state the Kiso – despite several requests from the Takeda council – had been slow to respond. Perhaps the relationship between the two clans was not as peachy as they seemed?

As he entered the castle tenshu Takanaga surveyed his surroundings, all the while searching for any possible escape routes despite the obvious futility given the number of guards who milled around each corner of the castle. The inside was not lavishly decorated like Odawara, or armed to the hilt with weaponry like Osaka. Instead the wooden pillars were left bare, and only the kanji depicting the Kiso name lay on an enormous paper scroll at the far end of the main room, no doubt to remind its inhabitants of their heritage. As Takanaga moved his eyes away from the giant characters he couldn’t help but ponder his own loyalty – he had hoped to lead the Takeda army once, and to an extent he still held dreams of that being feasible somehow, even though Nobushige had outcasted him from the western army. Home was still a possibility – if only he could find some way out of his current predicament.

“So who are you then, and why do you trespass our lands?”

Takanaga looked up at the samurai who had taken his seat at the head of the room. Kiso Yoshiyasu was well dressed for someone who was supposedly minor daimyo, he thought – the trade in stone with the Takeda had evidently been a profitable one for the Kiso. Yoshiyasu was at least fifty years of age, perhaps more, but there was a healthy exuberance about him. Any hopes Takanaga had of a welcome reception evaporated in an instant as he saw the deep sceptical frown furrowed between the Kiso daimyo’s brows.

“Yamadera Takanaga, general of the Takeda…until recently.”

Takanaga found no reason to hide his identity. The guards had confiscated the badge which identified him as one of the Takeda western army, so there was little chance of a successful bluff. In any case if he were to inspire any amount of sympathy in his host – if Yoshiyasu could be called that – then being forthright would be a healthy start. He proceeded to explain the sequence of events that had led to his imprisonment, escape and subsequent capture at the hands of the Kiso guards, straining to remember the details since that fateful journey from Kanazawa. Proceeding tentatively at first, Takanaga was relieved to see Yoshiyasu’s brows smoothen somewhat, and gained in confidence. As he finished the Kiso daimyo rose from his seat and approached him, coming to a halt some meters away.

“Very well, Takanaga-tono, I have heard your story and I can assure you that I am sympathetic of your travails. I would like to offer you a position in my own court, therefore-“

“But,” Takanaga interrupted reflexively, “the Takeda are surely on the lookout for me – if I were to stay it would bring disaster to your house.”

“Ahh, but that may not be so,” Yoshiyasu continued, brushing off Takanaga’s question, “the shogun of all Japan has declared the Takeda the scourge of this land. They are mighty now, but will soon be surrounded by those who seek either to serve the shogun’s justice or merely profit from the chaos. Our lands may be small now, young man, but we are rich thanks to our trade in stone, and our men are strong. The Takeda would not expect an attack from the heart of their domain, and with their forces stretched thin we would strike where they are weakest. Our cavalry is sadly fallible – but with you at its fore that would instead spearhead our attack.”

It was Takanaga’s turn to plunge into deep contemplation. Tempting as the offer was he had reservations about Yoshiyasu’s schemes. It would be deeply satisfying to finally gain some measure of vengeance against the Takeda, yet…

“It seems I was wrong to think of you as a man of ambition. If you disagree then I cannot allow the world to know of my intentions. Guards – feed him to the dogs!”

Takanaga looked on in horror as the Kiso daimyo stormed off in anger, and the two large men who had escorted him from the dungeons each grasped a shoulder of his. Thrash as he might he would not budge under their vice-like grip.

“NO! Yoshiyasu-sama you said you would reason with him!”

The silky voice of a girl caught Takanaga’s attention but also that of the Kiso daimyo. As the diminutive female figure appeared from the hallway he felt his heart in his throat. The familiar curves that flowed under the pale green kimono reminded him of a past he had almost forgotten. Despite how little sense his presumption made, he felt sure there was no mistake.

Akiko…

Takanaga barely noticed the shape of Kiso Yoshiyasu as he stormed out of the wooden room. Instead his eyes were trained on the slender frame of the woman before him. The Yuki family had belonged to the same part of Kai as the Yamadera, and Akiko had been a friend since childhood. She was a simple girl back in the day, he recalled. Could it be that the voluptuous temptress before him was indeed her? As she descended from the steps at the end of the room Takanaga held out his arms instinctively, and the girl allowed him to cradle her. Her skin was soft and fragrant, and the feel of her body against his sent chills through his core.

“Takanaga-kun! You must do what Yoshiyasu-sama says. He is a man of his word and the Kiso are strong. To resist now would almost certainly mean death – I am but a simple mistress of the man and won’t be able to save you then…”

“Ak- Akiko, is that… really you?”

“You will do well with an army at your back, Takanaga-kun, I’m sure of it. It is the right thing to do. Will you do it for me?”

Takanaga felt his eyes go wide as the girl’s lips met his, her ample bosom pressed against him. His heart pounded relentlessly like a summer storm as they held on in a tight embrace even as their kiss ended. Her face was mere inches from his, and her fragrance intoxicated him from within. As her sentence melted into the surrounding air he felt her shift a little within his arms, and blinked in disbelief as his eyes met the smooth ivory-like skin of the girl’s newly exposed shoulder. Finally remembering to breath he struggled to respond. Standing dumbstruck, he felt something primal and dark rise up within him as she took his hand and pulled him towards her, the subtle touch of her fingers tracing a playful path downward…

“Ye- yes..!”

Shingen sat in his camp. The message from the Kiso wasn’t unexpected, but the announcement that the enemy commander would be one Yamadera Takanaga caused more than a few ripples among the clan. Thankfully the aging Nobuaki was taken ill with chills and was spared of hearing his son’s treachery. The Takeda army at Gifu was well rested after the Imagawa campaigns, and the Takeda daimyo decided that a swift campaign against the Kiso would allow him flexibility to support Nobushige in the west or bolster the security of his Kanto provinces. Thanks to the existence of a permanent army the Takeda were able to mobilise within mere days of the declaration of war, and within weeks they would be at the foot of Iida castle. Sieging such a mighty structure would likely cause many casualties, he knew, but allowing the Kiso to exploit the lightly-garrisoned Shinano heartlands would be catastrophic to say the least. As his men readied the final preparations before departure Shingen mused over the fate of the rebellious Takanaga – he had supported the man during his time with the western army to the point where it became a contentious issue between himself and his brother. Even now he hoped that if the Kiso could be eliminated there was a change that old Nobuaki could have his son restored to him – alive if no longer as samurai. The old father deserved such an outcome, even if the insidious son did not…

“Shingen-sama! You must allow me to join the expedition to Iida!”

The hobbled figure entering the war room took Shingen by surprise, for it was none other than Yamadera Nobuaki himself, his pleading coming in between fits of coughing and hurried breathing. Nobuaki had suffered from ill health for many a year now, but lately it had begun to deteriorate even further than it had been.

“Yamadera-tono, you must rest your body so that you may recover! I give you my word that I will not harm your son if it were at all within the realm of possibility.”

“Thank you, Shingen-sama,” the old samurai croaked, barely annunciating the words before launching into another fit of coughing, “but how can my body rest easily when my soul burns with the treachery of my only son? We are warriors, my lord, therefore it is my duty to take up the sword and instil sense in my traitorous offspring or die trying. Please grant this old skeleton a warrior’s sending from this world, if nothing else, Shinge-sama!”

Shingen swallowed hard. Nobuaki’s last sentence was said in between fits of hyperventilation, but each word was spat out with venom he did not think still existed in the old samurai. Shingen looked at Nobuaki with a pinching sense of nostalgia – the man had fought all his life under father and then under him, and as unwise as the request seemed he struggled to find it within him to deny it.

“Very well, Yamadera-tono. Your wish is granted – you will ride in my retinue with me. We leave in the morning, so allow your attendants to prepare you.”

Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; June 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XLVI uploaded - Jun 19)

Well haven't thins taken a turn for the... well they've taken a turn.

The 'meeting' between Takanaga and Akiko was well described...

I'll look forward to this campaign, thoguh perhaps it may prove the undoing of the Takeda?

Great work, keep it up. +rep
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

I can see it now... As shingen leaves the heart of his land with his army,
    bad things will happen.

One of the best updates yet. Thanks for the great story!
    Last edited by ♔The Black Knight♔; June 20, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Something bad is going to happen. Evil stirs in Kiso province
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

Was the last part of the Takanaga part based on something you yourself had encountered? It was so well described.

Also really cool with the Takeda Shingen mod .

This is as always a source of inspiration and learning.

Keep it up! .

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Well haven't thins taken a turn for the... well they've taken a turn.

The 'meeting' between Takanaga and Akiko was well described...

I'll look forward to this campaign, thoguh perhaps it may prove the undoing of the Takeda?

Great work, keep it up. +rep
    They've taken a turn indeed...

I can see it now... As shingen leaves the heart of his land with his army,
    bad things will happen.

One of the best updates yet. Thanks for the great story!
    Thanks! Glad you liked it Bad things will happen indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimecraft View Post
    Something bad is going to happen. Evil stirs in Kiso province
    Agreed.

Was the last part of the Takanaga part based on something you yourself had encountered? It was so well described.

Also really cool with the Takeda Shingen mod .

This is as always a source of inspiration and learning.

Keep it up! .
    I had to keep it civil so you'd actually be allowed to read the thing ...and no it's not based on personal experience

Thanks as always