Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Completed)

Civis

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXXIII uploaded - Feb 23)

Amazing plot twist, loved it. And not to detract from the thread, but I actually was betrayed by a fairly long serving general in ROTS just prior to the battle. made for an interesting and fun fight, but said traitor survived. Until I promoted the captain who replaced him and sent the new General to finish him off.

The reason I point this out is when it happened I was completely surprised, and I actually also thought.. "well crap, I bet this his probably how Haronobu felt too." Yep, even during my own campaign, set in an earlier timeframe, I drew parallels to your AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by HeirofAlexander View Post
    Thanks, done!

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    I was actually wondering about that no seeing any campaign info for some time.
    All in good time

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenclaw2099 View Post
    Amazing plot twist, loved it. And not to detract from the thread, but I actually was betrayed by a fairly long serving general in ROTS just prior to the battle. made for an interesting and fun fight, but said traitor survived. Until I promoted the captain who replaced him and sent the new General to finish him off.

The reason I point this out is when it happened I was completely surprised, and I actually also thought.. "well crap, I bet this his probably how Haronobu felt too." Yep, even during my own campaign, set in an earlier timeframe, I drew parallels to your AAR.
    Thanks for the comment! The episode with Yoshinobu is actually based on real history. It's something that fascinates me personally so I put it in. I'm glad you were surprised though

Funny you mention traitorous generals in game..

Writing has been quite slow this week. First draft is done and the next update should be up tomorrow.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; March 01, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

XXXIV: Gain and loss

1559 – Autumn

Gifu castle was a monstrosity.

In recent months Hanzo’s men had taken Ise province with relative ease, and mine had done the same in Yamato province in time for me to join Harunobu at Gifu castle. As we marched the giant structure slowly came into view above the treeline, and the men – myself included – could not help but swallow in awe of the giant structure. Built by the legendary Saito Dosan and successively expanded by its Oda and Imagawa occupants, the giant castle was perched squarely upon the mountain it was built on with wide courtyards standing high above the landscape. Scouting reports had told of failed attempts at recruiting fresh troops by the Imagawa, and presently no more than eight hundred trained soldiers occupied the behemoth before us. Even so the rows of towers that lined the soaring stone walls promised a difficult battle ahead.

As the long blast of battle horns reverberated across the battlefield, the men began their advance on the north and south gates in the hope of stretching the defenders. As the dark mass of men made progress up the steep incline to the castle gate, wave after wave of arrows filled the sky, raining death upon those unfortunate enough to be caught in the deadly shower. Still they pressed forward though, and torches and cinder were set alight at the castle gates. Before long, thick columns of black smoke began to rise sluggishly into the morning air as the wooden gates burned quickly. Meanwhile the Sagami samurai – for so long the backbone of Harunobu’s army – began their climb of the castle’s towering eastern wall. Again men were lost to volleys of arrows, but a swift ascent ensured that the Imagawa archers were forced to engage the intruders in melee, finally putting an end to the deadly missiles. Each Takeda samurai was greeted by numerous blades as he vaulted over the castle wall, but thanks to the ferocious resolve of these men we had gained a valuable foothold in the main courtyard.

Lifted by the progress made by the men, Harunobu waved his bodyguard forward, and I did the same after him. Riding through the burning cinders of the northern gate, we dismounted in the lower courtyard and followed the men as they climbed towards the upper tier. The Imagawa defenders had by now collapsed onto the central courtyard with their focus on the Sagami vanguard, leaving their flanks and rear exposed to attack. As the men around us charged into the fray, arms and heads could be seen flying through the air where they had been severed by the Takeda samurai. Shaken by the impact and struggling to do battle on all sides, the Imagawa defenders grew increasingly desperate, and an increasing number of them were cut down mercilessly.

Harunobu and I stood in the courtyard of Gifu castle, watching from afar as the last vestiges of Imagawa resistance melted away into the rivers of blood that now traversed the gravel courtyard. Despite our advantage the soaring walls of Gifu castle had delivered a full blooded test to our resolve, and it was afternoon by the time the fighting came to a final conclusion. As the afternoon sun shone overhead we took some solace in the fact that the protracted war against the Imagawa was finally over, and that peace may once again reign over our people, but at the same time lamented the high cost it had exacted upon them. Watching the men as they rounded up the prisoners and restored order to the courtyard, I could not help but contemplate the fate of our own clan.

It could all have been so different. As the smouldering cinders settled over Sakuranomiya the fate of the clan had been left hanging by a thread, and only the timeliest of interventions from Yamagata Masakage had prevented a disastrous outcome. Even with Toramasa dead by his own hand and Yoshinobu exiled from the only lands he knew, the effects of the events would be felt for years to come. They had done far more than cost the clan its heir, two among its council and hundreds of its best men – the debacle at Sakuranomiya violated the very foundation of trust that had served as a bond between the clan elders. The Sanada brothers or even Takanaga may yet prove themselves to be equals to the likes of Yoshinobu and Toramasa, but the muted suspicion that surrounded the council would be far harder to clear. My personal fear lay deeper still. Harunobu was gifted with the requisite charisma to heal the wounds created and refocus the clan, but at the same time his penchant for impatience or suspicion could just as easily turn the clan against itself – a fate to be avoided at all cost.

Sigh-

Turning my head, I could see Harunobu’s eyes staring at nowhere in particular, his sword dangling limply by his side as if he wished little to be in possession of it. The loss of a first born son naturally hurt, but with Yoshinaga still to come of age and neither Nobukado or myself having any sons, the issue of succession was suddenly a relevant and pressing one.

“I fought so as to bring glory to the clan’s name, but it was much more than that. I fought so that our enemies would be weak, and that there would be peace within our domain. I fought so that our sons and grandsons would not have to live the lives of warriors as we do now – so that they may live in peace and not worry of their survival from day to day. Yoshinobu would have had all this, yet…”

“Aniki…”

As Harunobu’s voice trailed off I could only rest my arm across his shoulder. Given the circumstances I felt it to be the most appropriate form of support, and in truth there was little I could say to remedy the wounds that undoubtedly scarred the innermost chambers of his consciousness. As he turned to face me my eyes caught his, despondent and full of sadness like dark pools of stagnant water.

“Lose no heart, Aniki. No matter what happens Nobukado and I will always follow, wherever you may choose your fight, be it the seas of the south or the mountains of Oshu. You must encourage the others and dispel the distrust that the events of the summer have caused. It will not be easy, but if anybody was able to do so it would be you. You are Takeda Shingen, son of the Minamoto shoguns and patriarch of the Takeda. Be sad for a while, for the loss you have suffered is a great one, but do not lose your thoughts among the regret and melancholy. You have a clan to unite and a destiny to fulfil.”

Harunobu held his gaze even as he nodded silently. Thankfully his eyes held less doubt now, even if the sadness abated little. I could feel a slither of his old steely determination creeping back across his face, and supressed the feeling of pity that had swelled momentarily inside me, opting instead to leave him to his thoughts.

The ride back to Otsu castle was a long one, but mercifully less jarring than our desperate midnight sprint in the opposite direction. I was to retain command of the western army, and though the burden of Takanaga would remain mine, Harunobu did add the Sanada brothers to my ranks. Yukitaka would be overjoyed to be reunited with his sons, I thought absent-mindedly as we pressed forward. The gold splashed leaves of distant trees glistened brilliantly under the moonlight, and as we rode through the darkness I couldn’t help but let my mind wander. During our short stay at Gifu Harunobu had learned of Masako’s existence from Masakage, and the initial play mockery aside he was surprisingly supportive, even offering to wed us should the new-found peace be last until spring. I remember nodding silently at the offer while rejoicing inside. In truth the girl had served my every need dutifully for the past eight years now, and should she consent it, I would be much obliged. Gathering my wits about me as we neared the castle gates, my surprise at seeing the girl waiting outside was considerable. Still I could only chuckle as she ran forward to greet us, only to stop halfway and bow deeply, forgetting my long time orders that she be above such trivial formality.

Back in my quarters, I stared idly at a Chinese text as Masako recounted the administrative affairs of the castle that had come to pass during my absence. The state of the castle machi had improved dramatically in recent months with the arrival of several prosperous merchants from neighbouring regions. Meanwhile the latest harvest had been a plentiful one, allowing the collection of taxes to pass without much fuss or resistance from the peasantry. Even after paying their dues their takings had represented a substantial increase on the previous season, and spirits were high among the populace.

CREAK-

Musing that I had improved in my ability to spot the frequent midnight visitor, I looked around me curiously. I wasn’t expecting a visit from Hanzo, I thought, but then that had generally been the case whenever he did materialize…

“NO!!”

I swung around violently at Masako’s petrified scream. As I turned, horror filled me as I saw the black-clad figure of an assassin with what looked like a shuriken raised high above me. I reached instinctively for my own blade in a futile attempt to block the incoming strike, but in a blur of noise, white fabric and the dark arc traced by the assailant’s weapon, time seemed to stand still as I watched in horror. Disregarding her own safety the girl threw herself at me, putting her body between my chest and the sinister weapon, and even as her piercing scream of pain lingered in the night air blood oozed freely from the deep wound. Stunned by the unexpected moment of bravery from the diminutive girl, the assassin paused for a split second. Blade now in hand, I ducked to avoid a second blow before thrusting the weapon into the black-clad figure with a roar of anguished rage. Sending the blade through the man’s ribcage, I pushed firmly against any resistance until the tip of the blade exited through the neck and a splatter of blood painted the wall behind.

Even as the assailant lay dying on the straw mats, I yelled at the top of my voice for help, hoping the night sentries would hear the commotion. Holding the girl in my arms, even as I whispered words of encouragement I could feel her limbs shaking violently. Meanwhile blood continued to flow from where the shuriken had pierced her skin, staining both of us. My head was reeling from the catastrophic turn of events, and was immensely relieved when one of the older maidservants arrived with fresh linen with which to dress Masako’s wound. My heart wrenched horribly as Masako slipped in and out of consciousness, sending aches of dread and futility through my head.

“You must stay strong…for me…for us. Harunobu is to wed us when springtime comes! You must…”

The girl could only look at me weakly as I blurted out the words, forcing a smile upon her increasingly pale features. I had hoped to keep the news as a surprise for a more appropriate occasion, but even as I said them I feared they may never come to fruition.

Masako!!!

Cradling the limp body of the girl, I looked spitefully at the remains of the expired ninja. Like all men of his trade the cur was dressed in black from head to toe, but upon his mask was the unmistakable symbol of that Chugoku clan. Word was that they had taken poorly to our entry into the Kansai which they saw as theirs, but few would have guessed they would resort to such cowardly tactics as these. They would be made to pay for every drop of blood they have spilt today, I thought as I clasped the hilt of my blade.

These criminals will be made to suffer for this insolence. They will wish they’d never been born…

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Campaign screens

Map

Diplomacy

Arts
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; March 03, 2012 at 03:28 AM.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXXIV uploaded - Mar 2)

So sad..

btw that green spot in your (future) shogunate is not looking very nice. (Is it South Shinano?)

Well done

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Awe-inspiring. Your writing skills are wonderful.
    I've been reading this AAR for some time now, yet I joined the forums only very recently.
    I wish to congratulate you: it's an undeniably great work and all the (undoubtedly many) hours spent on it deserve an acknowledgement.
    Thank you for this small piece of internet literature

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

OH MY GOD! I am utterly speechless...

Well maybe not Another great update, one of the best but honestly who'd of thought; bloody Ninjas . That girl was a hero and saved your AAR

All sorts of thoughts are running through my head to see what might happen next.. I can't wait

Hopefully the Takeda will unleash some serious on the Chugoku

Takeda Chugoku
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

jpops0702's Avatar Foederatus

Absolutely stunning update. I actually read it on my way to work on my phone, even with crappy two inch pictures I loved it! Your story is nothing short of epic. My only complaint is that I have nothing to complain about Actually that's not true... I wish you'd get on with the Uesugi/Takeda throwdown which is long overdue Oh well, I guess patience is a virtue. As an aside what a curious little empire the Hattano have carved themselves. I'm kinda curious are they allies with the blue clan (Kikkawa perhaps)?

I've been drinking when I wrote this, so I apologize for any typos or off-color remarks given!
    Last edited by jpops0702; March 03, 2012 at 02:51 AM.

crush them and the capital is within reach.

The time is nearly neigh for the Takeda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

So sad..

btw that green spot in your (future) shogunate is not looking very nice. (Is it South Shinano?)

Well done
    Yep South Shinano. It's there for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Dayves View Post
    Awe-inspiring. Your writing skills are wonderful.
    I've been reading this AAR for some time now, yet I joined the forums only very recently.
    I wish to congratulate you: it's an undeniably great work and all the (undoubtedly many) hours spent on it deserve an acknowledgement.
    Thank you for this small piece of internet literature
    Thanks for the comment! Glad you're enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    OH MY GOD! I am utterly speechless...

Well maybe not Another great update, one of the best but honestly who'd of thought; bloody Ninjas . That girl was a hero and saved your AAR

All sorts of thoughts are running through my head to see what might happen next.. I can't wait

Hopefully the Takeda will unleash some serious on the Chugoku

Takeda Chugoku
    Hehe, indeed. War it is

Quote Originally Posted by jpops0702 View Post
    Absolutely stunning update. I actually read it on my way to work on my phone, even with crappy two inch pictures I loved it! Your story is nothing short of epic. My only complaint is that I have nothing to complain about Actually that's not true... I wish you'd get on with the Uesugi/Takeda throwdown which is long overdue Oh well, I guess patience is a virtue. As an aside what a curious little empire the Hattano have carved themselves. I'm kinda curious are they allies with the blue clan (Kikkawa perhaps)?

I've been drinking when I wrote this, so I apologize for any typos or off-color remarks given!
    The Uesugi...well I'm still allied to them... Then again if you look at successive diplomacy maps their green colour is getting lighter and lighter

Quote Originally Posted by Grimecraft View Post
    crush them and the capital is within reach.

The time is nearly neigh for the Takeda.
    The Hatano actually have a LOT of troops - I only realised that after I declared war. Oh well all the better

MAKE THEM PAY!!

Great update! Best of luck with what's to come, though I'm sure you'll pull through just fine!

Civis

Another great update as usual... but if you don't mind me asking, why did you refer to the Hatano as the Chugoku clan? I'm clearly missing something here..

Either way they need to pay horrendously. Should know better than to hurt another mans girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thokran View Post
    MAKE THEM PAY!!

Great update! Best of luck with what's to come, though I'm sure you'll pull through just fine!
    Bad scouting + AI bonuses = much epicness in battle

In the game the western army is actually really quite veteran at this point, so I'm not unduly worried. We shall see

Another great update as usual... but if you don't mind me asking, why did you refer to the Hatano as the Chugoku clan? I'm clearly missing something here..

Either way they need to pay horrendously. Should know better than to hurt another mans girl!!
    Chugoku is the region of Japan west of Kyoto. It's just a different way of referring to them. Sorry about not being clear

Next chapter tomorrow or the day after.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; March 07, 2012 at 06:30 AM.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    Bad scouting + AI bonuses = much epicness in battle

In the game the western army is actually really quite veteran at this point, so I'm not unduly worried. We shall see

Chugoku is the region of Japan west of Kyoto. It's just a different way of referring to them. Sorry about not being clear

Next chapter tomorrow or the day after.
    Of Course!! I knew it sounded familiar to me for some reason..much like the Kansai and Kanto regions and such. No worries, I still haven't memorized all the regions yet.

And look forward to it, i'll be sure to make some

XXXV: Snow

1559 – Winter

The winds howled and the snow fell in thick clumps that clung to any tree branch, man or horse. Barely a week ago the golden hues of autumn had adorned the Kansai region, but now only a few remaining shrivelled leafs were left as a reminder of the harvest season. Wakayama castle was a short march away from Nara, but our progress was slow as the men gingerly placed one foot before the other. The men had prepared well despite the sudden snowfall, but even so the trek across the frozen terrain was a trying one for all involved. The roads were poor, and heavy marching had churned the gravel road surface into a slippery quagmire. Occasionally a man would fall, or a wagon would become mired in the sludge of earth and snow. We would reach the border of Kii province by nightfall, I calculated while cursing inwardly at our slow movement. Perhaps if the blasted storm abated we would even make some progress into enemy territory, where the flatter landscape would better lend itself to the use of our legendary cavalry.

Harunobu had been quick to support war against the Hatano, but in truth there was little chance peace even if that hadn’t been the case. Even as I wiped lingering snow from my armour the images of Masako’s pale features haunted me. The nurses had done well to save her life, but in the days that followed she fell into long bouts of unconsciousness, waking only sporadically and eating little. The subtle pink in her cheeks was gone, replaced by a ghostly white that sent pangs of painful regret through my mind each of the many times I thought of her. Some of the men – old Yukitaka among them – had been against marching in the winter, but there was little chance that the Hatano be given a season’s reprieve. They would pay dearly for their treachery – I would ensure that with my own hand, I vowed silently.

Scouts had reported that a Hatano force of near two thousand men had sallied from Wakayama, and we set out at first light. An hour's march inside the Kii border, the terrain was relatively flat and favoured the use of more expansive tactics, so it was here we resolved to lie in wait for the Hatano army. The western army was roughly equal in number to the approaching enemy, but our strength lay in the quality of its men. Although those among the ashigaru ranks wishing to return home were relieved of their duties after Otsu castle was secured, the replacement of such men by hardened samurai from Echizen and Kaga meant the army’s strength had actually increased. Unlike our own system of permanent regiments most of the Chugoku clans had stuck to the old system of conscription, and presently the enemy before us likely consisted of mostly untested soldiers. Their general wasn’t a name I was familiar with, but that mattered little for he would be dead by the end of the day.

The heavy snow had stopped overnight but as we stood in formation the deluge of white resumed at a relentless pace. Nonetheless the men braved the frigid weather, some rubbed their hands together, while others shuffled on the spot in order to keep warm. It was unsurprising therefore that murmurs of excitement cascaded through the ranks when the dark mass of Hatano soldiers became visible through the frozen tempest. Signalling to the generals beside me I watched as they dispersed to their respective regiments. Yukitaka and Masakage led the Akazonae, and positioned their men out of sight behind a hill on the wide right. The main line meanwhile would be anchoered by the Sanada brothers – relative newcomers to the western army but each fearsome warriors in their own right. As the faint blur on the horizon became more distinguishable I bit down on my teeth, vowing vengeance upon the Hatano.

As the distance between the Hatano troops and our own closed, the twang of several hundred bowstrings rang out across the terrain, but the frosty conditions meant the typically spectacular sight of fire arrows was far more muted than usual. Despite this the devastating effect of the deadly shafts were little diminished, and men from both sides fell under the hail of arrows that criss-crossed the sky. Eager to close the distance, I gave the order to advance, and the companies of yari that made up the main line began their advance. The Hatano mirrored our movement, and as the initial brisk walk turned into a full sprint the columns of red and white collided with a mighty clatter that reverberated all around. Soon enough clumps of melee, each consisting of hundreds of men, littered the snowy battlefield. From a mere fifty paces from the melee our companies of archers struck with deadly accuracy, cutting down a great number of Hatano men, but the enemy had done the same to ours. Even from a great distance I could see the plumes of blood that accompanied each accurate shot, and before long a great number of men on both sides lay dying in the centre of the battlefield, their blood staining the pristine snow crimson where their lives had been snuffed out.

Any second now…

Over time, the timing of Yukitaka’s cavalry charge had refined itself to an art, and so it proved once again as it arrived in good time to wreak maximum havoc upon the enemy. As the Takeda Akazonae thundered across the plains, the clatter of their hooves and the roar of the Takeda battle cry boomed across the battlefield. The Hatano archers – exposed at the rear of their army – did their best to turn and face the approaching menace, but it was to no avail as the horsemen ploughed through their foe, cutting an opening through the mass of bodies. Accompanied by the cries of dying Hatano soldiers, blood, limbs and heads sailed through the air as the Akazonae made light work of the panicked archers. Watching from a distance, I nodded with satisfaction as innumerable yari flew in barely visible yet deadly arcs, tearing a gory path through the enemy defences.

Encouraged by Yukitaka’s deadly charge, I waved my own bodyguard forward, eager to capitalise on the momentum it had given us. Not far ahead yet more archers stood unguarded, and as we rode through gaps in between the melee the hundred or so paces were shortened to nothing in seconds. With my katana raised, I braced myself for impact, slashing and slicing wherever I could see the white outfits of the Hatano troops. As I hacked my way between the Hatano ranks the image of Masako’s lifeless blood-stained body hung in my consciousness, causing a rage I never realise existed to erupt from within me. Blood – a mix of my own and that of countless Hatano soldiers – covered my lower half before long, but as I diced through man after man I could think of but one thing, and everything else seemed to fade to a dull drone.

These men will pay for the insolence of their masters…

Turning to face a new opponent, I could see Masakage’s personal guard as they plunged into the rear of the Hatano infantry. Before long the Chugoku filth turned tail to run in any direction they could find, and many were cut down ruthlessly by the marauding Takeda cavalry, left to die where they had fallen. Blood flowed in copious amounts, forming rivers where snow had been melted away.

“Tono! I trust you will be pleased with this trophy I managed to secure from the battle!”

I looked up at the man knelt before me, only to see the face of a boy. He could not have been more than fifteen years, yet the trophy he held before me was proof of valour far beyond his years. The severed head his bucket held was of the Hatano general – an impressive catch for the most experienced of samurai, never mind a youngster like this one.

“Tell me, child, whose command do you follow and how did you kill the enemy general?”

“Nobushige-sama, I joined the Shinano yari when I was sent to Otsu castle last year. This man charged our company just as we fought off a group of enemy yari. He attacked me first, perhaps because I was the smallest among my company. He nearly struck me with his blade once, but eventually I stabbed his horse and cut off his head when he fell. Fortunately the battle was over not long after so I was able to keep hold of my prize.”

“Report to Masakage and let him know I asked that you be suitably rewarded for your troubles. You have fought well and deserve your prize.” The boy was looking up at me now, a proud grin spreading his face as he recounted his moment of glory.

“Tell me, child, what is your name, and do you ride a horse?”

“Yes, Nobushige-sama, I learnt to ride as a young boy with all others in my village and the yari since the same age. It is the correct upbringing for a man of Shinano, my mother says. My name is Mochizuki Takamasa.”

I ruminated on his words for a moment. The Mochizuki were a small clan who had assisted our efforts to consolidate control in Shinano, and were given land around Matsumoto as a result. The head of the clan was an old man of some sixty years, so this must have been his grandson.

“Excellent. From tomorrow you will ride as part of my bodyguard.”

The young samurai bowed deeply before scurrying out of my tent, barely concealing his excitement at what must have been an unexpected turn of events for one so young. I felt pride for the boy, and was glad for the distraction his bravery had provided, but as he left any joy faded quickly. The victory had been a complete one, but bittersweet. We were no closer to eliminating the Hatano, and if the winter would prove to be a harsh one there would be little further fighting until the Spring. The Hatano owned plenty of land in the western provinces, and the break in the fighting would deny us the element of surprise while allowing our enemies months of preparation. Meanwhile Masako’s condition had improved little over time, and although the wound itself was recovering her long periods of unconsciousness tore at my sanity, as did the multitude of memories from the months past…

What I wouldn’t give…

Campaign screens

Map

Diplomacy

Arts
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; March 15, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXXV uploaded - Mar 9)

Splendid, it is really well done . Also are you saying Masako lives? If so, well played Robin

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

...and the girl is still living, what an interesting turn of events I thought your battle description was brilliant, and as ever the screens were amazing

The men are discontent, marching into hostile territory in winter - who knows what kind of plots that my bring about I can't wait to find out
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Nobushige's desire for revenge is all consuming, he is usually caring of his men yet now pushes ahead in freezing conditions. This is most unsettling. No good can come of this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

Civis

"Goood. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."

Sorry, it couldn't be helped XD

Splendid, it is really well done . Also are you saying Masako lives? If so, well played Robin
    Thank you and aye, the girl lives. She serves a particular purpose somewhere else down the line

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    ...and the girl is still living, what an interesting turn of events I thought your battle description was brilliant, and as ever the screens were amazing

The men are discontent, marching into hostile territory in winter - who knows what kind of plots that my bring about I can't wait to find out
    What are you guys like - were you all hoping the girl died or something?

Thanks for the comment and rep Much awaits in the winter snow. That much I will say

Quote Originally Posted by Grimecraft View Post
    Nobushige's desire for revenge is all consuming, he is usually caring of his men yet now pushes ahead in freezing conditions. This is most unsettling. No good can come of this...
    Indeed. Then again that's what you can do when you are in command of half the Takeda army and someone nearly killed your girl - not that the men will like you any more for making them march through snow

"Goood. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."

Sorry, it couldn't be helped XD
    nice one. I'm liking your little anecdotes heh

I'm pretty sure that's how Nobushige feels right now to be honest.

A word - all your comments inspired me to do an extra chapter between the last and what was originally the next. Power to you all

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

You have 3 cav units that I've never seen before. Are they in vanilla S2?

Other than great update yet again this AAR is really doing well!!