Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fourth Age Total War Problem

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Fourth Age Total War Problem

IIRC RTW Gold is already patched to 1.6. At least, when I bought it a while ago (my RTW discs being gone) I didn't patch to 1.6 but only installed TNS.

@ Angry_roman: The RAR-file comes without installer.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Mods do work on Steam, there are other users in this forum that have FATW working on their Steam RTW installation. The only thing different with Stema is that
    a) you install in the Steam directory instead of the program files one
    b) you need to create the shortcut through Steam

As for Gold, not all Gold versions come patched to 1.6; some are 1.4.

Also, as Th. said, you can use the .rar version to install fatw on your Steam installation.

Oh okay i'll do it on steam

When i do it on steam it says.... Failed to find Steam, even though the target line is fine and i installed it to the place it aparantly cant find
    Last edited by Aradan; September 23, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

At which point does it say that? When you try to launch the game? You are perhaps not creating the shortcut properly.

Yeah it sais that when i launch the game... But it's fine it auto makes the shortcut target... i tried it before when i ran my torrented versian with dianochi

The auto-created shortcut assumes a regular (non-Steam) installation. In order to create a shortcut for Steam, do the following:
    Go to Steam, right-click on the RTW:Gold Edition game tab and right click on it to select properties. In the general tab, click "Set launch options..." and add the following line: "-show_err -nm -mod:bi/ci", once then launch the game as "Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion."

When i do that it says it's not valid

Laetus

this may be off topic, but when I try to run fatw it sais that The Procedure could not be located in the DLL mss32.dll.

excuse my language but, wdf does that mean?
    Last edited by Aradan; January 21, 2012 at 09:36 PM.

That .dll file is used by the sound provider (Miles) of the game, it's not related to FATW. I remember having the same problems a long time ago, for some reason my installation of RTW had been corrupted and I had to reinstall.

Can you play vanilla BI without any problems?
    Have you installed FATW in the right folder (you should have a Rome - Total War/bi/ci folder)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12