Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

.L.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens View Post
    Experience with debating creationists, or experience with TR's "debates"? Just how long has this kid been doing this?

Uummmmmm..........

Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens, post 4 in debate
    Firstly, TR, I want to point out that you violated every single rule I explicitly outlined (in your very first post, no less).
    LOL.

Anyway, I like this effort as AA isn't resorting to simply calling TR a delusional idiot (we need civility, no matter what one thinks of another) all the time while claiming to be on the side of logic, unlike TR's last 'debate' foe...

Kudos to you man, I admire your saintly patience.

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    Kudos to you man, I admire your saintly patience.
    If I had debated him, I would have gone insane a looooong time ago. And I was trying to limit him to ~1 paragraph per post, proper grammar and spelling, and less than 20% copy-paste arguments.

We all know how long that would have lasted.
    For Science

"Without Order nothing can exist - without Chaos nothing can evolve"

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by generalveers View Post
    If I had debated him, I would have gone insane a looooong time ago. And I was trying to limit him to ~1 paragraph per post, proper grammar and spelling, and less than 20% copy-paste arguments.

We all know how long that would have lasted.
    I have five infractions right now, and I got them not long after I quit my debate with TR.

I think I did go insane.

BUT LOOK AT HIS LATEST POST! JESUS CHRIST!

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Just saw TR's latest post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Did TR just refute gravity ?

Your debate opponent is dead wrong. The rate of recession would have been much greater in the past, when the moon would have been closer to earth. The rate increases strongly (as the inverse sixth power) as one shortens the earth-moon distance. Even uniformitarian articles on the issue acknowledge that, and they also give a few billion years for the time involved.

In english : force equals gravitational constant times the mass of the first object times the mass of the second object all that divided by the distance between those objects squared.
    In even simpler english : the closer the objects are, the more they are attracted to each other.

that formula isn't 100% correct but its accurate enough for an earth moon system. Einstein wrote a better formula or thing but I don't know it.
    Patronized by Hader.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

AA will be really happy when he gets back online.

if I were him I'd leave, I mean he won as soon as TR started posting his rubbish, since TR broke all the rules
    Patronized by Hader.

Tribunus

While he probably should, I don't think giving TR a bone is going to work out.

if everyone just ignores him, he won't be able to post his propaganda. Debating him only plays his game.
    Patronized by Hader.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

I like this part here.
    Notice how the sources ARE from creationist websites.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

"Oh look, I posted real sources!

What? I forgot to delete the hyper-links clearly linking to a creationist site specializing in out of context quotes?

It was the devil I tell you! The DEVIL!"
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

TR gets his message out because he'll annoy the person to no end about it, then you get sucked into the debate because he is just incompetent to debate with, and you just want to prove him wrong, but you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rifleman View Post
    TR gets his message out because he'll annoy the person to no end about it, then you get sucked into the debate because he is just incompetent to debate with, and you just want to prove him wrong, but you can't.
    Meh, annoying one person to death is fine, just send him to hell, he'll probably end up there anyway if such a place actually exists.
    Patronized by Hader.

Indefinitely Banned

delete post

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

That's excruciating to see someone to be so willing to think with such ignorance and stupidity, it can't be innate to him, pretty sure is a real satyr of realism.

Leaving a debate, fine you may lose it but you lose nothing at all against that sort of person, no shame AT ALL, this guy has no life, he will continue to spread his propaganda until he receive no more attention.

But really a huge thumbs up to AA, he totally deserves it.

AA is doing the right thing by trying to get TR's wild quote/link bombing under control. The title of the debate is "Ancient Aliens vs total relism", not "Ancient Aliens vs dozens of creationist articles and out of context quotes."

My eyes hurt =(

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

I just read this debate and I laughed. A lot. Ancient Aliens buddy, keep up the good work. Your patience is beyond that of a saint, and I would have exploded a long, long time ago if I were you.

I gotta add just one thing after going through it a tad bit again... TR, you're running in circles mate. AA has managed to refute everything you said, explain everything you asked him to and bring conclusive proof to the table, yet you ignore everything and retreat back to the main question only to return to the same point later on and hope he slips so you can stuff your propaganda through. I will forever now hold this thread in the highest regard as to show all of the world how awesome Creationism is. "Ignore all logic, ignore all scientific proof and use a war of attrition to hopefully, maybe, win a debate. And even if I don't, I'll just say "God is older than scientists - Meaning God wins"". I'm frustrated just by reading that thread, honestly.
    Last edited by Nazgūl Killer; October 02, 2011 at 05:05 AM.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.