Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Should be easy to test this light travel speed with multiple mirrors instead of just one. If it's instantenous in one direction then it should be slower if you angle multiple mirrors the right way even if the distance the light travels is the same.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lost Socks View Post
    Should be easy to test this light travel speed with multiple mirrors instead of just one. If it's instantenous in one direction then it should be slower if you angle multiple mirrors the right way even if the distance the light travels is the same.
    It gets better than that. It's been slowed down before to less than 10x the speed of sound.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

This is the first time i've felt that TR has lost his usual... charm, it seems like since Aliens has been utterly unfaltering in his conviction for TR to answer his latest question he has become flustered and this is only heightening his refusal to answer AA... It may be that he is distracted with the RL stuff he is doing, however I think that is a good thing because his posts are now at a good length and I don't feel like ramming my head into the desk every time I see he has posted again..

+Rep to AA, for outstanding patience!

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Wow...

whant to here a joke?
    No, not really, but I guess give it a shot...

what do you get when you mix a athist with a Jehovah witness?....... someone who knocks on your dorr for no reason.
    Not funny, what kind of atheist knocks on your door like a Jehovah's witness? Atleast spell atheist right....

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

god can't he spell ANY word right ? I mean come on !
    Patronized by Hader.

This debate is over. TR is basically dodging all of AA's responses now, he's relying on outside help to respond for him, and he has once again dropped more links without providing anything in his own words. TR has demonstrated (for the thousandth time in his history here) that he has absolutely no knowledge on the subject matter, and relies solely on his garbage creationist sources to uphold his badly misguided faith. As such the only thing he can do against a knowledgable response is to quote and link bomb it and hope his opponent gives up.
    Last edited by Gordon Freynman; October 15, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Agreed. Well done Aliens, this is the first thread i've monitored that just feels like you picked apart his defenses and really laid him bare for everyone to see.

Huzzah!!

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

indeed, nice one AA, you made him crack.
    Patronized by Hader.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I dont believe he can honestly not know how to spell. We have written enough by now that he can simply copy-paste correct words into his posts.

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks everyone! Time to read his final post and wrap this one up I suppose!

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

We won!

At least, I think we did.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

AA gave up so TR won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Hip hip, HUZZAH!!!

Here is some epic music to celebrate this momentous occasion!

Ancient Aliens has won the contest of will! Glory to his name. Hail Ancient Aliens!

The opponent, weakened and disjointed by his arguments, found himself betrayed by his own Creationist advisors in the critical moment, and thus fell the debate of TR and the Great AA.

As Alexander himself would believe, science once again triumphs gloriously over the grim shrowd of superstition!
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Does that make TR Darius? I think you give him far too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens View Post
    Does that make TR Darius? I think you give him far too much credit.
    Trying to defend something crumbling is an example of why it's a good analogy.

AA did it! TR is finally defeated. The rubber chicken was torn in half from overuse, it seems.

I declare, with the power invested in me by myself, October 15th to be a holiday: Victory Day! Whenever the mods lock it will be known as Armistice Day.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Haha, TR's last post looks so futile and pathetic, I wouldn't even grace him with a response other than to announce the debate is over!

Indeed, "self refuting argument" seems to be TR's new favorite fallacy to falsely apply to every argument against him. AA, you should just contact one of the mods and have them close the thread.

Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do. Too bad it had to end on that note, I really like where I left it.