Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Default age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Thread here.

I was wondering when the next one of these would pop up...

Here are the rules as posted by the man himself, now lets see how long it takes for him to break one...

No copy and pasting, save for sourcing. If you have to source, use a spoiler tag.

Keep the topic concise. No meandering off topic or going into unnecessary detail.

No use of logical fallacy (this should be given). If logical fallacies are used, they will be called out, upon which the illogical poster has to either retract or redefine their position.

And so it begins...
    Last edited by Darth Red; September 21, 2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: added link

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

No problem... I wish thee luck, for where you are going, I would not dare tread, for it is... a poopstorm of such scale and velocity, Hercules himself would stand back in awe.

Taking bets on how many posts TR goes before breaking the rules.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Is it too late to bet on 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Wow... to think I had even hoped it might make it to the 3rd or 4th post... looks like it will be business as usual... why is he even allowed to debate?

Tribunus

Yeah, I skimmed it and as soon as I got to the point about erosion I stopped.

c14 decays at a steady rate and has a half life of 5,730 years, so every 5,730 years half of it will decay away. A lump of c14 the size of the earth would decay away in less than a million years. Yet it is found in geological column in coal diamonds and other places over 70 times published in evolutionary journals. showing they cannot be as old as claimed.
    I fear TR fails to understand one crucial tidbit: C14 is STILL being formed as we speak. There will never come a time when there is no C14 because it is reproduced. Diagram depicting the C14 origin/decay cycle:

From Wikipedia: "Carbon-14 would have long ago vanished from Earth were it not for the unremitting cosmic ray flux interactions with the Earth's atmosphere, which create more of the isotope. "

Oh, and my responses to some of the other contentions...

2) Seems nonsensical. The one citation you have, John Morris, got a degree in geology before going to work for the Institute for Creation Research; this guy is NOT a non biased party.

3) I believe the rock cycle accounts for that.

4) The moon, when closer to the Earth, was more affected by it's gravity and thus moved away more slowly. As far as I know, most scientists DO agree that, on early earth, waves were extraordinarily high; remember, this was a time when almost all life dwelled in the ocean.

5) Once more, I imagine that the comets we see were NOT created 13.75 billion years ago, but instead much more recently (still far above 1 million, though).

6) This is called "Vampire Math". Darwin tackled this issue over and over; the answer is simple. One of the three main requirements for Evolution to occur is the presence of a competition for reproductive success. Not every animal will live to have offspring. This is simply a matter of logic.

Don't know much about the topics discussed in 7, 8, and 10, so will skip.

9) How is this evidence for Creationism?

_____

Hope that helps AA in case he feels bogged down by Copypasta
    Last edited by Marechal Ney; September 20, 2011 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cahoma View Post
    Is it too late to bet on 1?
    Yep, you posted 3 minutes too late. You would have won too!

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Why AA, why?

Taking bets on how many posts TR goes before breaking the rules
    I bet you rep that he'll break the rules by his fourth post.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Well he's already ignored and broken each rule so....

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

I JUST got done responding to that gigantic wall of text...

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Why AA, why?
    I didn't know how masochistic it was for me to accept total relism's "challenge". Part of me also thought that the rules would get through to him. Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechal Ney View Post
    Hope that helps AA in case he feels bogged down by Copypasta
    ...This is why I should check the Commentary Thread prior to posting.

+rep to aliens who has to endure breaking of pre-agreed rules on a gargantuan level.
    very ungentlemanly. 250 years ago a man as rude as this would have been challenged to a pistol duel and probably would have been carried away in a body bag shortly after.

how society has changed, and not changed at the same time. i discourage people from giving further challenges to total realism, who has no respect for anyone at all, nor the rules they agree upon.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Basileus Ancient Aliens will win!

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Reputation given to AA, he deserves it.

Anyways, TR is allowed to debate because the mods want to keep him here to keep his idiocy out of the other boards or something like that, but I still say he cannot debate properly.

He:

1. Uses copypasta.
    2. Breaks HIS OWN rules.
    3. Takes any facts and says "Well, that's a myth"

I mean, hes impossible. AA, if you can break him down, do it.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

TR has conceded defeat by breaking the rules. Close thread, surely. What's the point of debating a liar (he said he'd obey the rules) and a cheat (he cheated)?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Uh, not again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

I love you, Ancient Aliens.

But why, why feed it?
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

If he quote spams again, I suggest that you simply stop posting there. There's not enough hours in a day to go through all that rubbish.

Tribunus

His posting style seems remarkably similar to the posting style of that timecube guys blog... @relism

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast