Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medals & Awards Ideas Thread

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Medals & Awards Ideas Thread

As some of you may have read in the General Discussion thread we're thinking of setting up a little award system where players can receive awards/ribbons/decorations for extraordinary feats and/or activity. Let's use this thread to come up with some ideas for medals, ribbons, awards etc. I'm not sure whether to have these awards given by a poll where everyone can participate, or just have a few 'officers' with the power to hand out medals and ribbons. I think having a poll for every medal recipient may be a bit long-winded so I'll leave that to you guys.

Here's a few ideas I have, I can't think of any good names for the medals at the moment so I'll just throw down some descriptions:

- A medal for displaying extraordinary teamwork in the field, perhaps based on how well you communicated with the team, how well you followed/gave orders, how patient you were, etc.

- A medal for continuous activity, for playing on a regular basis etc.

- A medal for eliminating a large amount of the enemy

- Campaign ribbons for Redemption & Revolution (as well as future 'campaigns') Perhaps having a requirement of having played approximately 75% of the campaign to receive the ribbon.

- 'Purple Heart'-esque medal, for dying a lot during games, but not if intentional, only if you genuinely suck

- 'Medal of Honour'-esque medal, for displaying all-round awesomeness, or perhaps for an super-incredible feat during a game

- Combat medic badge, although I think it may be a little pointless to have since Lewis will be the only one attaining it. On the other hand he does deserve it for the many times he has healed us all.

- Aviation medal - for displaying great skill with aircraft and/or effectively supporting ground troops with said aircraft (transport, CAS etc)

- 'Medal of Retardation' - very un-PC term, I know, we can work on that - perhaps a medal for somebody who has shown complete lack of awareness in the field, who consistently acts like a headless chicken, can't hit squat even after weeks/months of training/battles etc. Only awarded if person is genuinely a retard, not just acting like one.

- 'Joker Medal' - medal for somebody who is consistently hilarious, on and off the field

TRAINING MEDALS

Perhaps if we (by 'we' I mean you guys ) get training more organised and whatnot we can have medals/badges for passing certain aspects of training.

Feel free to suggest improvements on already suggested medals, as well as suggesting your own ideas.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Medals & Awards Ideas Thread

Heres my ideas:

MARKSMANSHIP
    (Each can only be awarded once)

Sharpshooter Medallion
    Awarded for displaying above average marksmanship in battle with small arms, scoring 25 or more kills.

Distinguished Shooter Badge
    Awarded for displaying ones self as a distinguished marskmans with small arms, scoring 50 or more kills.

Expert Marskman Ribbon
    Awarded for displaying extensive ability with small arms, scoring 75 or more kills in battle.

SERVICE

Service Ribbon
    Awarded for displaying above average activity and commitment to the platoon.

Outstanding Service Ribbon

Awarded for displaying outstanding activity and commitment to the platoon.

Purple Heart
    Awarded to soldiers killed in action a large number of times.

Medical Service Ribbon
    Awarded to all medical units who show great service in the field of battlefield healing.

Redemption Campaign Medal
    Awarded for showing commitment to the campaign.

Revolution Campaign Medal
    Awarded for showing commitment to the campaign.

ABILITY

Armoured Fury Ribbon
    Attained by showing a great display of ability with an armoured vehicle.

Angel of Death Ribbon
    Granted for showing a great display of ability with an aerial vehicle.

Glorious Grunt Ribbon
    Granted to an infantry soldier who has displayed a great deal of ability on the ground.

Special Weapons Medal
    Attained by showing a great deal of skill with a certain class of special weaponry.

BRAVERY

Bronze Star
    Awarded for heroic or meritorious achievement or service.

Silver Star
    Awarded for a high level of gallantry in action.

Distinguished Service Cross
    Awarded for heroism and bravery at risk of life, not justifying the medal of honor.

Medal of Honor
    Awarded to all but the most heroic and glorious of actions in the face of overwhelming odds at risk of life.

Happy Fun Time Platoon Awards
    (All awards only awarded if the candidate is genuine)

Barn Door Star
    Awarded to all members who manage to show they can't hit a barn door with a machine gun.

Woman Driver Medallion
    Awarded to all platoon members who manage to display a serious lack of driving or flying ability in a vehicle.

Derpy Derp Ribbon
    Awarded for a mishap, accidental derp or brain fart in a mission that is thought worthy of an award.

Epic Moment Medal
    Granted to a platoon member that was responsible for or at the center of an epic ingame moment judged worthy of an award.

Lifetime Achievement Award
    Awarded to any Happy Fun Time Platoon member who has given a great service to the platoon.

What you think?

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

All looks good. I like how we are awarding medals for failures. hah.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Yeh, but I mean it would suck if you couldn't get any medals Lewis.

Content Emeritus

True.

Moderator Emeritus

Those are excellent Mitch, I'm gonna try coming up with some designs for them. Nice work. If anyone else wants to have a go at coming up with some designs please do so, I'm not sure how well I can make medals.
    Last edited by Katsumoto; September 20, 2011 at 06:46 AM.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Those sound awesome! I don't like the kill count stuff though, might lead to selfishness, but still might be good to have one in case someone gets it

Think best would be to assign 2-3 officers who show up every fixed game night, those will be able to follow the commitment of everyone as they witness every battle.

I love the 'women driver' thing, luckily there are no girls in the platoon (except asc but he's not let in because of his ponies )

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Are the marksmanship ones for kills in one mission? Cause almost no one except skitz gets 25 kills with small arms. Sure Danny and Ice get like 50 kills, but they have an MG....

Maby over a period of a night or something, or could be for use with an assault rifle only.

Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, one night would probably be better. I've done a few of the marksmanship badges, probably gonna work on the 'Marksman' one later since I'm not too happy with it:

Marksman (25 Kills)

Sharpshooter (50 Kills)

Expert (75 Kills)

I've changed the names since I think it fits a little better this way, based off the US Army marksmanship qualification badges.

Why is there an Eagle Globe and Anchor in the sharpshooter..................... put a mickey head.

Moderator Emeritus

Easier said than done!

Yer pro, deal with it.

Moderator Emeritus

How this:

Will probably blend it in better later.

yeah cut off the loops on the bottom of the cross and should be tip top.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Armoured Fury Ribbon
    Attained by showing a great display of ability with an armoured vehicle.

DO WANT.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

This is the only Medal I can see you getting bro:

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

I guess for the fairness of this mitch better not be part of the officers who hand these things out

Content Emeritus

Mitch would purposely drive/fly like a moron to get the driving medal. Oh wait, he doesn't purposely have to...

huhuhuhuhuhuh

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLewis View Post
    Mitch would purposely drive/fly like a moron to get the driving medal. Oh wait, he doesn't purposely have to...

huhuhuhuhuhuh
    Agreed, then he would blame it on someone else, like me...

Mitch, remember those multiple times where I killed 60+ guys with teh vehicles? Yes. Indeed.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLewis View Post

huhuhuhuhuhuh
    Jealousy is a terrible thing Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Icewolf View Post
    Agreed, then he would blame it on someone else, like me...

Mitch, remember those multiple times where I killed 60+ guys with teh vehicles? Yes. Indeed.
    You mean that time where you got stuck in a BMP in the middle of a town full of infantry... Yeh, you want a medal for that? May aswell give Falcon a medal for being Dutch.

Perahaps we'll add a 'most useless Canadian' award eventualy, keep your hopes up champ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast