As some of you may have read in the General Discussion thread we're thinking of setting up a little award system where players can receive awards/ribbons/decorations for extraordinary feats and/or activity. Let's use this thread to come up with some ideas for medals, ribbons, awards etc. I'm not sure whether to have these awards given by a poll where everyone can participate, or just have a few 'officers' with the power to hand out medals and ribbons. I think having a poll for every medal recipient may be a bit long-winded so I'll leave that to you guys.
Here's a few ideas I have, I can't think of any good names for the medals at the moment so I'll just throw down some descriptions:
- A medal for displaying extraordinary teamwork in the field, perhaps based on how well you communicated with the team, how well you followed/gave orders, how patient you were, etc.
- A medal for continuous activity, for playing on a regular basis etc.
- A medal for eliminating a large amount of the enemy
- Campaign ribbons for Redemption & Revolution (as well as future 'campaigns') Perhaps having a requirement of having played approximately 75% of the campaign to receive the ribbon.
- 'Purple Heart'-esque medal, for dying a lot during games, but not if intentional, only if you genuinely suck
- 'Medal of Honour'-esque medal, for displaying all-round awesomeness, or perhaps for an super-incredible feat during a game
- Combat medic badge, although I think it may be a little pointless to have since Lewis will be the only one attaining it. On the other hand he does deserve it for the many times he has healed us all.
- Aviation medal - for displaying great skill with aircraft and/or effectively supporting ground troops with said aircraft (transport, CAS etc)
- 'Medal of Retardation' - very un-PC term, I know, we can work on that - perhaps a medal for somebody who has shown complete lack of awareness in the field, who consistently acts like a headless chicken, can't hit squat even after weeks/months of training/battles etc. Only awarded if person is genuinely a retard, not just acting like one.
- 'Joker Medal' - medal for somebody who is consistently hilarious, on and off the field
Perhaps if we (by 'we' I mean you guys ) get training more organised and whatnot we can have medals/badges for passing certain aspects of training.
Feel free to suggest improvements on already suggested medals, as well as suggesting your own ideas.