Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

I didn't touch Lithuania's roster but I'll take a look.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Icon8 Custom battle crash!!!!

I was bogged down at an annoying glitch:
    Every time I try to fight a custom battle, the game crashes
    The prompt only says it's unspecified error. Nothing more informative than this can be found in system log.
    I am playing the mod set for Baltic Campaign on SS6.4.
    Everything is OK with SS6.4 itself. Campaign battles can also be loaded without problem
    Why Custom battle doesn't work?
    Could any one help?????

Thanks!

Some fix for Rittenbrunder for HRE?

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Silver Surfer for Sweden.

I see the better and approve; I follow the worse.

If you liked my post or thought I was helpful, hit that +rep and leave your name so I can keep an eye out for when you deserve some. Unless you suck. Then you aren't getting crap. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambat View Post
    Silver Surfer for Sweden.

I'd keep him if I were you, always good to have a superhero on your side

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder44 View Post
    I'd keep him if I were you, always good to have a superhero on your side
    Hah, very true!

Another bug, my merchant cav militia have broken/missing cards. Just shows up as the stock peasant.

If you liked my post or thought I was helpful, hit that +rep and leave your name so I can keep an eye out for when you deserve some. Unless you suck. Then you aren't getting crap. Ever.

Hello moderators.
    I am a newly convert to SS after formerly having only played the DLV mod.
    I am having a problem with my current mod and have not been able to find a solution in this thread, so I hope you will bear with my inexperence if this has already been adressed.

I have a clean version of SS 6.4 installed as well as BftB 2.0 with the hotfix.
    my BftB is working with no problems what so ever, but I get a constant CTD on my europe campaigns in both early and late era

Both campaigns actually run flawlessly, but as soon as I try to load a savegame, I get an immediate CTD with an unspecified error. Is this a common problem, or have I messed up somewhere along the installation?

I'm currently not at my private computer, so I cannot upload a log file at this time. Though I will do it later if it is necessary.

Thanks in advance and now I better get back to work before the boss barges in on me

Hello fellow SS patrons,

Long time reader, first time poster. I just installed the wonderful battle for baltic mod on top of my SS 6.4. When I used SS setup to switch back to '6.4 late era campaign', however, the main menu screen was still the battle for baltic screen. Furthermore, all of my 6.4 save files have been deleted.

What further complicates matters, is that when i play battle for baltic, i can see my saved campaigns on the load screen. After pressing them, however, the game crashed to desktop (which is understandable)

Just wondering how i can get my old saves back, and revert back to 6.4 late campaign successfully. If worse comes to worse, i wouldn't mind having to uninstall the battle for baltic mod, but i cannot find it in my control pannel list of programs.

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by J0shua View Post
    Thanks in advance and now I better get back to work before the boss barges in on me
    You might want to upload a logfile so they can see, but when you say 'Europe Campaign' are you talking about something like the question from Brytonlaw?

Quote Originally Posted by brytonlaw View Post
    Just wondering how i can get my old saves back, and revert back to 6.4 late campaign successfully. If worse comes to worse, i wouldn't mind having to uninstall the battle for baltic mod, but i cannot find it in my control pannel list of programs.
    Nothing is wrong with your saves, they are just not compatible with BFTB Late Campaign. Once you install BFTB, you can still play Early and Late Era's but they include the changes such as Veche council, Sweden, new units and skins, etc.. When you try to load a non BFTB save without these in the save it causes a crash. What you need to do is uninstall SS6.4 as BFTB isn't actually a submod you can turn on or off, but an 'upgrade' (or side-grade? However you want to think of it) over the SS6.4 files. Then reinstall 6.4 without BFTB, and then you can use your old saves as long as you pick the same SS Setup options and sub-mods (if any) you used with them originally.

EDIT: Your non-BFTB saves should still be in the Stainless Steel saves folder btw. I usually keep a separate folder on my desktop full of different save folders as I bounce around different submods like BFTB, HURB, etc...so I can plug and play.
    Last edited by Jambat; March 18, 2012 at 04:14 AM.

Nothing is wrong with your saves, they are just not compatible with BFTB Late Campaign. Once you install BFTB, you can still play Early and Late Era's but they include the changes such as Veche council, Sweden, new units and skins, etc.. When you try to load a non BFTB save without these in the save it causes a crash. What you need to do is uninstall SS6.4 as BFTB isn't actually a submod you can turn on or off, but an 'upgrade' (or side-grade? However you want to think of it) over the SS6.4 files. Then reinstall 6.4 without BFTB, and then you can use your old saves as long as you pick the same SS Setup options and sub-mods (if any) you used with them originally.

EDIT: Your non-BFTB saves should still be in the Stainless Steel saves folder btw. I usually keep a separate folder on my desktop full of different save folders as I bounce around different submods like BFTB, HURB, etc...so I can plug and play.[/QUOTE]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Thank you for the quick reply mate
    How does one rep another?
    Also, when stainless steel 7.0 come out, will I be able to download it on top of the battle for baltic mod?
    In the event that I have to uninstall stainless steel, how do i do so? (I can't find said mod in the control panel - is the mod under another name other than 'stainless steel' or 'ss'?

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by brytonlaw View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply mate
    How does one rep another?
    Also, when stainless steel 7.0 come out, will I be able to download it on top of the battle for baltic mod?
    In the event that I have to uninstall stainless steel, how do i do so? (I can't find said mod in the control panel - is the mod under another name other than 'stainless steel' or 'ss'?
    It's the little green plus sign beside the big ugly report icon in the bottom left corner. I'm not sure, but I don't think you can rep (or edit posts) until you have made 25 or 50 posts on the site.

To uninstall Stainless Steel you go to your Total War 2 folder (It is either under Sega, or Steam/Steamapps/Common/ depending on which version you have) go to the Mods folder, then SS6.3. There should be an uninstall folder with an application you can run to remove it.

When 7.0 comes out, pretty much nothing will be compatible with it. Luckily the mod community here is really dedicated, so you should see updated mods within a week, although how long it will take to port BFTB2 over...can't give you an estimation.

CTD while selecting factions, UAC is disable and SS 6.4 just worked fine before installing this submod.

This is the log:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    21:40:14.365 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    21:40:14.368 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    21:40:14.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    21:40:14.377 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    21:40:14.379 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    21:40:14.382 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    21:40:14.384 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    21:40:14.384 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:40:54.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1616, column 52
    Building level name hansa not found as a level in building database
    21:40:54.972 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1627, column 52
    21:40:54.973 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1637, column 48
    21:40:54.973 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1679, column 53
    21:40:54.973 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1690, column 50
    21:40:54.973 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1701, column 53
    21:40:54.973 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1712, column 53
    21:40:54.973 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1722, column 53
    21:40:54.973 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1733, column 53
    21:40:54.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1796, column 41
    Building level name guild_hanseatic_guild not found as a level in building database
    21:40:54.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1808, column 39
    21:40:54.974 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1819, column 39

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

What other submods have you got selected?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Virtanen's Avatar Civis

So I have the steam version of Med2 and Kingdoms. I installed SS6.3, then I installed SS6.4, then I installed BftB, then I installed the hotfix, then I ran the setup, then I chose late campaign, then I clicked start and exit, then I tried to run stainless steel, but it only gives me a prompt that says "Medieval II has encountered a fatal error and will now exit" and crashes.

what am I doing wrong?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Virtanen View Post
    So I have the steam version of Med2 and Kingdoms. I installed SS6.3, then I installed SS6.4, then I installed BftB, then I installed the hotfix, then I ran the setup, then I chose late campaign, then I clicked start and exit, then I tried to run stainless steel, but it only gives me a prompt that says "Medieval II has encountered a fatal error and will now exit" and crashes.

what am I doing wrong?
    Virtanen,

Now the first thing to say is the UAC disabled, because it needs to be. Then :
    1. Is MTW2 Patch 1.5 installed
    2. Install 6.3, check that it works
    3. Install 6.4, check that it works
    4. Install BFTB and hotfix

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Hiya,
    playing BftB2 with 6.1 Late era as TO. Sometimes in the middle East I get offered Elephants as mercenaries. But they are invisible but selectable on the battlefield and lack unit card and the small pictures in the army screen. Any fix for that possible?

Greetings,

Stephan de St. Omer
    P-Ape and Expert Kritic of the Khurch of Kong / sig by y2day

I got a CTD when i try to start a campaign,regardless which faction and which campaign options i choose.The custom battles work fine.I don't run any other submod,and i tried reinstalling SS and BFTB2 too.
    I run the version of BFTB for 6.4.Here's the log:
    20:22:40.640 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:22:40.640 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    20:22:40.640 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:22:40.640 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:22:40.640 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:22:40.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:22:40.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:22:40.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1616, column 52
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1627, column 52
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1637, column 48
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1679, column 53
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1690, column 50
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1701, column 53
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1712, column 53
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1722, column 53
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1733, column 53
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1796, column 41
    Building level name guild_hanseatic_guild not found as a level in building database
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1808, column 39
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1819, column 39
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1829, column 39
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1839, column 39
    20:22:53.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1849, column 40
    20:23:40.828 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3908, column 8
    Could not find FactionleaderRus, in traits database
    20:23:40.828 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3923, column 8
    Could not find FactionheirRus, in traits database
    20:23:40.843 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3935, column 119
    Could not find Veche_Approval, in traits database
    20:23:40.843 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3944, column 130
    Could not find Veche_Approval, in traits database
    20:23:40.875 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 5497, column 11
    Could not find LateSwedishKing, in traits database
    20:23:40.875 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 5509, column 11
    Could not find LateSwedishHeir, in traits database
    20:23:40.890 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 5848, column 154
    Could not find UnifierofNorway, in traits database
    20:23:41.046 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 8819, column 44
    Trait not recognised
    20:23:41.046 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 8913, column 191
    Could not find UnifierofNorway, in traits database
    20:23:41.046 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 9032, column 107
    Could not find EnglishCrusader, in traits database
    20:23:41.046 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 9071, column 90
    Could not find FrenchCrusader, in traits database
    20:23:41.046 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 9112, column 90
    Could not find GermanCrusader, in traits database
    20:23:43.515 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

The game crashes before it begins!!! After installing this mod, I can't play any campaign in SS! and I can't uninstall it!!
    When I start the game (early, late, BftB) it shows the mod's screen then it crashes to desktop. I didn't turn off UOS, but I have full control!!

I am playing a campaign on stainless steel with Sweden (provided by this amazing mod). Everything is working perfectly until turn 69 when I try to end turn it stalls (freezes) on the seljuk sultonate. It's really irritating as I am enjoyiing this campaign. I have no sub mods installed and it has worked perfectly up until now. Below is the thingy log, I hope someone can help.

18:14:41.918 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:14:41.918 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    18:14:41.918 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:14:41.918 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:14:41.933 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:14:41.933 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:14:41.933 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:14:41.933 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1616, column 52
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1627, column 52
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1637, column 48
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1679, column 53
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1690, column 50
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1701, column 53
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1712, column 53
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1722, column 53
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1733, column 53
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1796, column 41
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1808, column 39
    18:14:44.373 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1819, column 39

Testing testing 1,2,3