Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Default Re: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

I'll disable UAC completely and reinstall. Hope it works. I have confidence in you!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BuRnFaInt View Post
    Guys why does everytime I start Teutonic Campaign its like Im in the middle of a turn? is there any way to fix this?? I only have the 6.3 and 6.4 but I'm planning to add this one.
    Post your problem in the SS Bug Reports forum. This is for Battle for the Baltic bugs only.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Caesar, it didn't work. I disabled UAC following the proper instructions for windows 7 and it didn't work. I still get a ctd when I try to start up a new campaign on the battle for the baltic campaign. I really like the changes you made for bftb and want to play it but I've run out of options.

Can you outline the EXACT steps you took to install BftB.

There seems to be a problem of permanent devastation, which I didn't have with SS 6.4

Quote Originally Posted by Chinaski View Post
    There seems to be a problem of permanent devastation, which I didn't have with SS 6.4
    In which campaign?

The grand campaign (not the new map)

Thats weird as I only made changes to the Baltic map in that regard.

The republic systems seem to be malfunctioning in the grand campaign. I have ss 6.4, byg IV, Next heir ancillary, Enhanced Rebel Generals,and toggle strat map hud as sub mods and here is some pics of my starting family members

if you need anything else please let me know

Not sure if Next Heir Ancillary and rebel generals are compatible.

i re installed everything after getting back home and it appears to be working fine

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

After installing this mod some of my original SS submodīs files have changed...
    I found out what happend... the installer changed ( without asking me ) several submods files!
    These submods are not longer available for SS! Their textfiles have been changed...
    That is not really a bug but: You are not allowed to change others people submods without asking and even worse you should point that out that after installing this mod I have to "repair" several things to be able to play other mods! Instead of changing the availibility to nothing you could at least allow me to play on "late" and "early"!

btw. in the edu have been some fails... after I changed them ( was about ownership of some units ) I had an error : missing file player.txt.
    My SS version was extremly tweaked so the problem would be that there are files incompatible... happens! not your fault, mine!
    After unchecking Battle of theBaltic SS ( without mods ) did not work anymore!
    Now I have had to redownload and reinstall Stainless Steel, it is a pity there is nothing that tells me what to do to revert your changes...

I know my language is very direct.. I am very hungry right now! Please do not take this personal or something!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    ...the woman trampled didn't look impenetrable. So they ran through her.

Some submods included with SS have been made not available because they aren't compatible with BftB. Instead of having to read hundreds and hundreds of "I installed BftB with submod x and it doesn't work!" posts, I chose to disable them. And it actually tells you in the first post what submods aren't compatible.

And you can't uninstall BftB without reinstalling SS. The changes it makes are too extensive.

Hello, CC!

A few days ago, I downloaded your Sub Mod BftB2.
    I played two quick campaign and has been flashed by your work.

My problem:
    I have a german gold-edition of Kingdoms, patched to 1.5 and SS6.4 and BftB2 are installed.
    In SS6.4 I had a problem with the campaign-voices and found a fix for german versions. (Translation included)
    In vanilla SS6.4 every works fine. But after installing BftB2 the campaign-voices of Norway are missing. I tried the fix for SS6.4 but this did not work for your mod.

Now I want to ask, how can I fix the problem and maybe you could give me some help.

Thanks,

Stablebrew

Go into SS6.3\data\sounds and delete events.idx and events.dat. See if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Deleting events.idx/.dat first, didnīt helped me!
    First I had to modify descr_sound_accents.txt and changed some lines.

Now it works fine.

Stablebrew

Ok that's weird that you'd have to edit the accents file.

Maybe itīs weird.
    But the problem with the campaign voices exist since the beginning of my clean ss6.4 installation.
    I red the accent.txt and the nations without voices are lined under easteuropean accents.

To be honest, I donīt know if easteuropean accents exist in the german version of Kingdoms/gold.
    It would be nice, to get a hint or help with this problem but (I think) itīs not a BtfB or SS6.4 related problem... i donīt know...

Stablebrew

It quite possibly because it's a language version problem. You might get some answers on the general M2TW forum.

Okay,

I searched in different forums and communities and found the answer to my problem.
    The german version has been released without any localized east-european and scottish accent-soundfiles.

Stablebrew