Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Preview: Osgiliath

Dimppa's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Preview: Osgiliath

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    If the mighty king kong will have time, I hope he will make the rebuiled versions of those cities too

As it will be a little boring to fight in the north with no Custom settlements the north is alrdy quite boring
    yes he have been working hard so far and we are thankful about that.

it would be so beautiful if before building House of Kings Annuminas would be in ruins and after repaired and same with Amon Sul

Maybe in version 4. I think KK would like to get version 3 out sometime during the next decade.

Great work, keep it up.
    When in deadly danger,
    When beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles,
    Wave your arms and shout.

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

EPIC !! nothing more to add... :-D

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

compared to other settlements i think the buildings in this one doesn't look that nice (dont kill me). Especially the broken parts look to "artificial", like cut off by a giant sword. Some more details on the broken parts would surely make it look better.

This doesnt mean it looks bad, just compared to your other settlements like i said.

How are you going to handle Osgiliath gameplay wise? May I suggest West Osgiliath, East Osgiliath and the Bridge of Osgiliath (3 maps)? In the books, and in the movies the orcs had first to take the eastern part, then fight through the water and finally drive out Gondor from the western part. Would be nice to see this
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... and trolls should not be able to climb on walls!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

pretty good. keep up the good work.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Meh, I'm trying to mumble more, but my brain stuns at "stunning".

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Korsan82 View Post
    compared to other settlements i think the buildings in this one doesn't look that nice (dont kill me). Especially the broken parts look to "artificial", like cut off by a giant sword. Some more details on the broken parts would surely make it look better.

This doesnt mean it looks bad, just compared to your other settlements like i said.

How are you going to handle Osgiliath gameplay wise? May I suggest West Osgiliath, East Osgiliath and the Bridge of Osgiliath (3 maps)? In the books, and in the movies the orcs had first to take the eastern part, then fight through the water and finally drive out Gondor from the western part. Would be nice to see this
    Osgiliath is still devided into 2 cities, but they both look like 1 big city, the bridge between them i don't know.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

KK made a comment in this thread somewhere around page 5. He said Osgiliath is still divided into 2 cities, both having destroyed/repaired versions

++West Osgiliath
    ** Attacker sieges from Pelennor Fields
    - Attacker spawns outside the city walls facing Osgiliath east. Objective is to capture the Western town center
    - Defender spawns inside the city walls facing Pelennor Fields
    ** Attacker sieges from the River to Western Osgiliath
    - Attacker spawns at the bridge, or at the river banks of Western Osgiliath. Objective is to capture the Western town center
    - Defender spawns inside the city walls facing the River

++East Osgiliath
    ** Attacker sieges from Ithilien
    - Attacker spawns outside the city walls facing Osgiliath west. Objective is to capture the Eastern town center
    - Defender spawns inside the city walls facing Morgul Vale
    ** Attacker sieges from the River to Eastern Osgiliath
    - Attacker spawns at the bridge or at the river banks of Eastern Osgiliath. Objective is to capture the Western town center

---If we were to add the bridge as a third battle map it would complicate things MUCH further. I think 4 possible siege combinations is enough for now

---By the way, I strongly feel that the repaired battle maps work through Settlement upgrades, or maybe Castle/Town conversion?

STELL

From Eastern Osgiliath,

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    ++West Osgiliath
    ** Attacker sieges from Pelennor Fields
    - Attacker spawns outside the city walls facing Osgiliath east. Objective is to capture the Western town center
    - Defender spawns inside the city walls facing Pelennor Fields
    ** Attacker sieges from the River to Western Osgiliath
    - Attacker spawns at the bridge, or at the river banks of Western Osgiliath. Objective is to capture the Western town center

++East Osgiliath
    ** Attacker sieges from Ithilien
    - Attacker spawns outside the city walls facing Osgiliath west. Objective is to capture the Eastern town center
    - Defender spawns inside the city walls facing Morgul Vale
    ** Attacker sieges from the River to Eastern Osgiliath
    - Attacker spawns at the bridge or at the river banks of Eastern Osgiliath. Objective is to capture the Western town center
    Where did you get this from? KK's post is on page 3, and this is not in it.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

It was a model problem.
    You cannot both include beautiful and realistic ruins and nice preformance, well, in M2TW.
    And other games. It's because of the faces and triangles of the building models.
    Better shape>more faces>LAGGGGG
    Aure entuluva!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    I don't think KK said that but he made it up and it makes sense, it's just like with a normal settlement

Agree - this is our assumption based on his comment..

Though... common-sense-wise it would HAVE to be this (it's what I imagined anyway!)

PS: Looking forward to exploring the city's choke points Nice one KK
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    I never said everything I stated was from KK, but was only referring to Korsan's post about the 3rd bridge map

Anyway, because sieges can depend on the location of the attack, I think my layout is the most probable version of how it will be played out. Notice on 2 of the screenshots, you see a Large Stone Wall

STELL

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Well, there still might be a third map where participants spawn outside the city walls proper, within ruins that are between the walls and the river on bothe sides of it.
    And (As far as I know nothing about map making) it would take only changing the boarders of the map on prepered lay-out of entire Osgiliath and setting spawn points. (At least I hope that what it takes ;S)

Maybe if the enemy was sieging e.g. W. Osgiliath while they control E. Osgiliath, they would spawn outisde the city walls but having access through the gate (like if a spy was inside the settlement). Just suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HandKing View Post
    PS: Looking forward to exploring the city's choke points Nice one KK
    There's a huge bridge in the middle of the city! What more do you want?
    Last edited by NickTheGreek3; September 22, 2011 at 02:26 PM.

King Siegfried's Avatar Semisalis

Worth the wait.

Creator of Kingdoms of Heaven

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Meine Fresse! I can't wait any longer for 3.0! I have to kill myself....

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek3 View Post
    There's a huge bridge in the middle of the city! What more do you want?
    But if you're defending E.Osgiliath from an attack in the East, then both factions would be attacking/defending on one side of the bridge only

OBVIOUSLY this begs the question - WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? DEFEND THE BRIDGE LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO!
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

because if you manage to do that you're more awesome then Boromir and Faramir