Thread: Battle AI and historical battles

Default Battle AI and historical battles

Historical battles developed often in an unusual fashion. For example in Hastings the Anglosaxons just stayed put on the defense and the M2TW historical battle nicely mimics that. How is that done? I was wondering if it was possible to group the AI melee units and set them on guard. The script should be in there somewhere but I have no clue how this could be done.

My biggest problem, however, is in keeping the attacking formation grouped. They need to start as set up in the Battle Editor, with paricular units in front, others following close behind, others further behind, etc, as one group and engage the enemy on the whole front at once. You may think this is strange or simplistic but it is the tactic actually used in the battle and almost won the battle. I have been unable to group the AI units in the Battle Editor and had so far no luck by randomly changing settings in the config_ai_battle file.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: Battle AI and historical battles

I almost forgot about it - you need to exclude RBAI scripts by going to data\world\maps\battle\custom, finding relevant battle and then putting:

set_event_counter no_advice 1

after "script" line.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.