Thread: Hattori Units at Start and Shogunate Heroes

Default Hattori Units at Start and Shogunate Heroes

I just recently got my hands on a limited Edition code for Shogun 2 and of course started playing Hattori. I swiftly realized that I couldn't build my specialty unit at the start (i.e. how Date can build No-Dachi, Chosokabe Daikyu Samurai etc.). Not sure if it is an oversight, a glitch or intended due to potential balance issues but just thought I would bring it up.

Now the second thing I have to bring up is most certainly a glitch/oversight. In my one game the Ashikaga Shogunate managed to build the legendary sword school and could, to my surprise, build Katana Heroes at no cap! Was a very interesting change of pace bribing stacks of Katana heroes, but PROBABLY not intended xD.

Example of said glitch in game (after being bribed, sorry didn't have the hindsight to take a picture of the Shogun's stacks )
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finally, there seems to be a glitch were my units will lose (no more than 1) rank of veterancy on the campaign map to battle transition (sometimes leaving a battle my units will have lost a rank). Unfortunately I have not been able to track what causes this to happen or the situations it occurs than other than that.

And of course I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this and for making this project available for Shogun 2. This mod being the sole reason why I've spent over 200h on this game, instead of giving up frustrated at the cheating AI drawing everything out

Default Re: Hattori Units at Start and Shogunate Heroes

Hattori 'special unit' is the ability for all foot samurai and all ashugaru to deploy like ninja. Its called Kisho Training. Your deployment zone (and unit upkeep) is greatly increased.

So, yes you can build your special unit(s). Actual ninjas come after you do the research for School of Shinobi iirc.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Kisho Ninja is Hattori's special unit but they do not start with them as Rob said they have the ability to deploy allmost anywhere on the field and their units hide very well on the battlefield.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Question answered.
    Thread closed.