Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uí Néill Faction Submod [1.0 RELEASED]

Default Re: Uí Néill Faction Submod [1.0 RELEASED]

Fixed it! Works like charm, thank you very much!

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Uí Neill

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    If you're wondering, the main reason to have another irish faction is to perhaps balance ireland a bit since atm connacht gets destroyed everytime by munster, another faction will at least lengthen the irish power struggle.
    I have only just recently downloaded this mods...but on my first campaign around turn 40 Munster has been destroyed

My three Irish clans lasted till turn 75 on hard campaign settings. The neils have fallen first although they did still own 2 territorys so I'm assuming they ran out of faction generals. Munster seems to be the dominant faction left with 7 provinces while connacht have 5. The three Irish factions have all been at war with each other from the get go. I'll most probably play my second game with a certain yellow faction. Cheers for this mate.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Thanks It's funny, none of them start out at war but they always end up killing each other. I suppose they wouldn't be irish if they didn't
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Domesticus

In my playthrough as Munster, the Ua Niells got killed first I did my best to protect them(I tried encouraging them into going to war with the Scots and reforming the Kingdom of Dal Riada), but they just had to go after Connacht

When i go to play the mod, the game crashes during the start screen. I have TATW installed aswell. Could there be some conflict between them? I don't want to uninstall anything if i dont have to. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I don't think there's a conflict since i have the same mods on mine. I assume by start screen you mean the initial start of the mod? Could you post your error log please?

Oh sorry i eventually got it to work, i just did a complete reinstall of everything and it now works!

Default Re: Uí Néill

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post

Here's the main banners for the faction, i haven't done the small (exp) flags yet but i'll get there Also i should have some in game shots of these soon if Med2 decides to cooperate.

Reading the Annals of Ulster have lead me to the conclusion that the North and South Uí Néill are not a good grouping, most of the annals seem to indicate they tried to kill one another constantly.
    The 2 Niell's did unite to defeat Ailill Molt in the early fifth century, however.

Do you have any faction specific units yet or plan to have any?
    Last edited by Cincinatus; January 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Default Re: Uí Néill

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    The 2 Niell's did unite to defeat Ailill Molt in the early fifth century, however.

Do you have any faction specific units yet or plan to have any?
    Like most irish they allied and fought in equal measure At the moment they don't (like the other irish factions) but i do plan to make one, not sure what though.

How about Ui Neill Champions? This was a common unit type in the British Isles, though a bit of a throw back to earlier times. In one translation I found doing research, the name Neill itself means champion. So this unit idea might work.

You might call it by its old Ui Niell name, Trein Fehr - which means "man of strength". This was an actual warrior type in ancient Ui Niell armies. Ui Niell itself means descendents or sons of the champion. They had a few other troop types too such as Red Hand Warriors but it had another name in ancient Irish.

Ui Niell had some things in common with Connacht since they had a connected background from Niell of the Nine Hostages and Scathach Buanand. Niell got a Irish Berserkir tradition from training by the ancient female warrior, Scathach Buanand. She trained the Irish hero, Chulainn from whom the Berserkir tradition developed. It was its own special type of martial fighting skill and likely they used the same weapon from whom the tradition started, the Gae Bolg.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; February 07, 2012 at 03:11 AM.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

God man really loving the work

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Thanks

Libertus

Does this work with the RR/RC for TLK? Installed both, but no Ui Neill in the faction selection screen RR/RC apparently edits some same files...

I never made it compatible, mostly because RR/RC wasn't out when it was released.

I got the same problem as Dearg Doom , will a complete reinstall fix it?

Domesticus

Hmm, a 2.0 with other stuff might be a good idea

Does Connacht and Munster have unique units? I didnt notice, so maybe you could make one for each of them/ Might be neat to think about

Cannot get voices to work in battles any ideas?

This Submod is for Vanilla The Last Kingdom ? I Just Downloaded the Mod I Haven't Added Nothing

It is indeed Why? Are you having difficulties?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast