Thread: Superb Mod

Default Superb Mod

This is way overdue, and I've been meaning to do it for a while, but I just have to say that this mod is excellent. It has consumed literally days of my life, ticked my wife off, and caused me to ignore my kids and dog. I've played every faction and won with every faction - I'm just mentioning that to indicate how many hours I've logged...which is, I'll admit, embarrassing. I need to get out more, but this thing has had me in its clutches since I first fired it up. Excellent, excellent work.

A couple minor observations:

(1) Denmark always expands. Maybe that is by design, but unless I'm playing a neighboring faction and blunt/destroy Denmark, Denmark never fails to "win" on the continent. (I've never seen EFE expand at Denmark's expense.)

(2) I know it's not "historically accurate" but a land bridge between the Continent and England may be helpful. The AI doesn't seem to cross from one to the other. (I did a few campaigns with a map I modified to add a number of regions, including land bridges between Ireland - England and England - Continent; these seemed more dynamic if not as true to life.)

A couple questions:

(1) Is there anyway to randomly determine where the Vikings strike, or does that have to be hard coded in the campaign scripts? It'd be neat if the player didn't have foreknowledge of what's about to happen. (Maybe this only applies to losers, like myself, who have played the mod 424 times.)

(2) Is there anyway to base the amount of plunder after a fight or sea battle on the quality/quantity of the enemies defeated? I love the plunder script - but it seems odd to get 2000 for killing 6 sailors and getting the same amount for killing 2300 hardened Danish veterans.

Anyway, again - what a wonderful mod. Thanks so much to the developers for putting the time and effort into this.

D

Default Re: Superb Mod

Germanicu5's looting script does differentiate between enemy sizes and gives you money based on the relative power difference of your armies.