Thread: CATW issues and stuff to fix for next version

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Default CATW issues and stuff to fix for next version

Hello all.
    I've played a couple hours catw and i found some weird issues who need fixing:
    1:you should add the new city models as standard for the mod foldered version.
    2:you should consider using the map of roma surrectum 2 as it's amazing.The current map(mundus magnus) is rubbish for experienced players.
    3:some units models and ui are missing.You should try to fix it.
    4:romans should deffenetly have named legions.Perhaps you should add the RS2 28 legions for historycal accuracy.
    5: Dudes fix the buildings capabilityes as when i arrived at the huce city with macedon my units recived 16 exp bonus (looool) and a bit less income for more difficulty .
    6: Deffenetly you should change the old vanilla buildings with much many new ones.
    7: many more things should be done for this mod to reach it's true potential and
    I really hope you will succeed.

PS:aplly what i sayd in these post and I promise this mod will be in the top 5 Rome Total War mods of all time.

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Default Re: CATW issues and stuff to fix for next version

- For the strat cities, there is already a file pointing towards the strat models in catw folder, but it has never works, although the path are good. I studied others files, it's just the same... And that was two years ago...

- My main objective was to adapt catw for MM three years ago. I would never find time to look after another map.

- Some UI cards still missing, but u have to test campaign to find them (slaves only), same as above.

- The mod starts in 302 bc and i have targeted other factions than the romans and found more interesting to have a progession in quality rather countless legions which only appears at the very end of the game (at least after marius). For this i prefer RS2. BTW, there's no place left for other units...

- Building capabilities are not yet balanced, nor EDU properly.
    - .. and for the rest i need time. But i'm struggling with that mod since 2006. For me it's time to leave...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

when i load the historical battles i get a CTD

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

They are not working for me too. You have to wait until Coco's return for fixing it.
    Last edited by Nelduin; September 19, 2011 at 05:38 AM.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

I appreciate your work,regardless. A tough job on your own. So merci from me.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

I know modding si hard and borring job and i know you try cocobongoclub-DJ.
    I myself made some modding for Augustus Total war and my work si in my post on Augustus forum if you want to check out.
    I would like if this mod would go far and i hope you will do a good job with your work.
    Thx for your answer and i await next version to see wat's changed and i await good stufffrom you.

Good luck with your mod and hope to hear from you soon .
    See you.

Indefinitely Banned
    From Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Living in Milpitas, California, USA.

Also fix this:

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

1. export_buildings.txt Unit XP from buildings and temples is altered but not completely balanced yet, I advise that you use this until coco comes out with a properly balanced file.

2. export_descr_character_traits.txt Corruption kicks in at 750k instead of 50k which is unrealistic but useful.
    Last edited by z3n; October 30, 2011 at 02:07 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Sorry but i was away for a time.. of everything online.
    All i can say is "that's works for my why not for you ?"
    But obviously it is not. Why ? Because of tons of different specific configurations on everybody comp' which generate bugs that i can't reproducing. For exemple do you play with the very first version of RTW (the disc version released in 2004 ?) - most of these bugs are related Gold issues - and i don't have this version.
    Plus, XP and Vista/seven reacts differently to some bugs. (I have tested catw under Vista/Seven and XP as well, but they could be specific configurations anyway if you instal the mod in program fils, program, the rights you apply to the folder, etc)
    Plus, for some of these bugs, i don't have the knowledge or the skills to cope with. Simple as that. They are even not listed in the tutorials. I always have been a modeller/skinner, and catw always have needed a coder/scripter, from the very beginning. They were a few propositions, but nobody never seriously worked on this, until now, perhaps.
    Plus, and final, i don't even have time... to test the campaigns. So you can't compare catw with EB, RS2 and other "great mods" built by huge teams with many skills involved.
    So from this point of view catw still lacking a real skilled team...

However, for some bugs, it's easy to have a resultion.
    The missing skins/models is related probably to a corrupted zipping/unzipping ftp transfert process.
    The historical battles are not intended to be played. I must to supress them from the modfolder in the next version. I tried once to replace vanilla units by my rosters several time, and i had "dry CTD" each time (without any message). I just gave up.

But there is still two enduring bugs i have to cope with, which are both related with the way EDB and DS works together about the "slave factions".
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

I have been an awful lot of time unable to post in twcenter, me sorry

In the brief time I was in the team (i'm rejoining it if Coco accepts me again :p) I discovered that many of the bugs are Vista related. Most of the "can't read something" or "didn't found something" are due to vista's "execution" of exes

Many errors provoked a CTD on my every-days computer, but I suffered less in my XP laptop

Pontus, Macedonia and Egypt take over the world in a hurry.