Thread: TROM3 - Playable Mogami Beta

Default TROM3 - Playable Mogami Beta

After hours of try & error I finaly figured out how to make minor factions playable with TROM3. I had to rewrite parts of the campaign script and do my own esf file based on the insights of Mitch and Dwizzle. As a test I release the Mogami as playable minor nation. MAKE SHURE TO READ THE NOTES BELOW CAREFULLY!

INSTALLATION: Unpack the file and drop the pack into your data directory. To deinstall just remove it.

PLAYING: To play a game as Mogami you have to start a new tutorial campaign! In the first turn all of japans will be visible (this will change in the next turn). Now do the follwing:

1. Move any fleet you have at least one step.
    2. Move one unit in all of your cities one step out of the city and back into the city again.

Not doing this will make your fleet and parts of your provinces inaccessible in the next turn (they will be hidden by the campaign map again).

Known issues: Existing trade routes will not show up properly on the map (but still work).

Enjoy the beta and report any issues you find.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; September 30, 2011 at 02:58 AM.

Semisalis

Default Re: TROM3 - Playable Mogami Beta

Why not just use the mods as is with the clan launcher? I had no issues and i am running Trom 3, music, AUM mod, Unity Variety, Unit cards mod, TROM unit reduction speed.

That won't work very well because all the AOR stuff and other changes to buildings and armies will be missing. TROM3 is very complex and you need a adapted version. The full version will also have faction specific bonuses and maybe some units (if I find the time). I aim for 4-6 selected factions for the next release. Mogami, Otomo and Imagawa are on my list already.

Semisalis

Okay, faction specific files that are not global?

MaskedWaltz's Avatar Tiro

Yarkis, Can you estimate when you would be able to release Imagawa and Otomo? I would like to use them as soon as possible

They will come together with the next TROM3 version, with which I wait for the patch.

That is an awesome addition to already great mod! Is there any way to change the campaign difficulty of playing a minor faction? I want to change it to VH. Thank you
    Last edited by rusnmat; October 13, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

No, the difficulty is fixed and can't be changed.