• Lothar Brune

0 0%
  • Oberyn Martel

4 5.97%
  • Bronn

4 5.97%
  • Khal Drogo

3 4.48%
  • Barristan Selmy (when he was a tad younger)

22 32.84%
  • VIctarion Greyjoy

2 2.99%
  • Eddard Stark

9 13.43%
  • Jon Cunnington

0 0%
  • Symon Toyne

0 0%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: OT: The Greatest Fighter in Westeros

Default Re: OT: The Greatest Fighter in Westeros

i still think bronn would outbest everyone..i'd say oberyn too, but he used poison, so that's extreme cheating..bronn is the man...sneaky, agile, skilled, streetsmart... everything
    Last edited by Noobio; November 10, 2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: english isn't my best language :P

In my oppinion any of these fighters have chance against other. It would be just a matter who have better day. Also I don't like the hype "prime" king Robert gets on some forums.

it's all fiction..so, obviously anyone has a chance..hell, even tyrion chopped off some heads (wtf!) but some would have more chances than others..anyway, who cares

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

My vote goes for Balerion the Black Dread. The criteria for this vote was fighters not people. Dragons can definitely fight. Heh.

My champion will eat your champion for breakfast...

Literally
    "A Lannister always pays his debts". For everyone else there's Mastercard.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Ser Barriston Selmy will have your champions skull turned into soup
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

I have to change my vote to Oberyn Martell. He easily defeated The Mountain in combat.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

Actually The Mountain smashed his head if you call that an easy win : P

The Mountain never touched him. If it had been a standard fight then Oberyn would not have stood over him in a last effort to wring a confession.

Yeah, oberyn would have won if he had waited a little bit longer to get close enough to use Gregor's sword

Please rep me for my posts, not for the fact that i have a Pony as an Avatar.

That specific fight was lost because Oberyn wanted a confession which means any n0ormal fight between them would end in an easy victory for him (although the same defence could be used to say Oberyn only fought so well because he had a reason to).

Sticking all of these fighters into an arena together to fight to the last man would be interesting
    People like Robert Baratheon and the Cleganes would kill a lot of people very fast but in the end they would fall to the faster people like Syrio Forel and Jaime Lannister.
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; November 14, 2011 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    it's all fiction
    What do you mean, its all fiction?

I am not sure. Is this not taking place on the moon right now?

I find your lack of Ser Arthur Dayne disturbing.

wtf? The Riding Mountain of course!

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Hodor is obviously one of the best fighters and some of the Wildling leaders. The Others I bet have the best fighters because they are superior to humans. Jorah Mormont also is pretty good.

On slight off-topic, I just got my hand of ADWD and started reading. When I got to "Reek" chapters and did some thinking about Ironborn, I realized how badass Balon Greyjoy was having such characters as Euron and Victarion obey his rules and not try anything (especially Euron).

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniusz View Post
    On slight off-topic, I just got my hand of ADWD and started reading. When I got to "Reek" chapters and did some thinking about Ironborn, I realized how badass Balon Greyjoy was having such characters as Euron and Victarion obey his rules and not try anything (especially Euron).
    Unless the theory is correct that
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Euron hired a faceless man to kill Balon.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Melon View Post
    Hodor is obviously one of the best fighters and some of the Wildling leaders. The Others I bet have the best fighters because they are superior to humans. Jorah Mormont also is pretty good.
    Hodor is strong, this does not make him particularly skillful.
    Not much information is given about the Others apart from that one defeated a Black Cloak of unknown skill.
    Jorah Mormont was almost killed by a lightly armoured Dothraki but other than that we know little of his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by klappspaten View Post
    wtf? The Riding Mountain of course!
    He was defeated by Prince Oberyn Martell (I know som e will say he won but that was because Oberyn wanted a confession and did not kill him at the end).

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Brienne is also not bad. I wonder who would win a fight between Sandor and Brienne.

I am not sure, Brienne was considered one of Renly's best warriors on par with Ser Loras Tyrell but Sandor Clegane was at least a match for his brother Ser Gregor Clegane.