Thread: Changing religion with ESF and religious constructions

Default Changing religion with ESF and religious constructions

Hello there.

Well yesterday I began playing on my 7th (?) Grand Campaign and this time I wanted to try something different. Since I'm more of a role-player when I play games rather than a bloody warmaster it is important to me that all my parts works as I intended to.

Well, I was using ESF and my idea was to change Spain's state religion to Islam.
    The problem is that now when I've managed to change the state religion by population is mad about the
    religious difference, but yet I cannot build madrassas, only churches and I still have priests walking around.. Is there a way to change this? Maybe so I can get the same buildings or building architecture as the Ottoman Empire?
    I'm using DMUC.

I welcome any kind of answers or hints

Default Re: Changing religion with ESF and religious constructions

use the magnificent guide: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139#y
    If you follow the explanations, you can easily adjust the religious breakdown of population in your regions.

As for the priest-issue: they are recorded as catholic priests, so no matter what religion you assign to spain, they will remain catholic priests unless you change the priests. Follow the steps in the guide above as if you would change the ownership of them, but instead of changing their nation, you should somehow be able to make them muslims. I suppose this implies changing the type of agent. To use the correct name for an imam, make sure you copy the type of agent from an ottoman/persian/mughal imam. (haven't tried it myself, but I guess it should be possible theoretically when doing this)

I'm afraid I can't answer your other questions.