Thread: Rebel AI

Default Rebel AI

Is there a big difference in its aggressiveness/intelligence by difficulty? I'm playing on hard campaign and I keep getting cities besieged by them, and when i move an army close to a lightly defended rebel city they will move any nearby armies there

Default Re: Rebel AI

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunegari View Post
    Is there a big difference in its aggressiveness/intelligence by difficulty? I'm playing on hard campaign and I keep getting cities besieged by them, and when i move an army close to a lightly defended rebel city they will move any nearby armies there

No, the intelligence stays the same. The money they receive, however, is much greater. And also, rebel armies nearby a city are part of the garrison, and will move back to defend their city. Rebels also randomly attack cities from time to time, which can be extremely annoying. Just use "auto_win attacker" and attack them with your garrison. Rebels aren't even a real faction, so there's no need to hesitate getting rid of the garbage.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I feel auto_winning them is a bit cheap, as in some mods the rebel spawn rate is decreased a lot but their aggressiveness highered to make them represent the smaller factions that didn't make it into the game. I feel that the spawn rate is too high in v2.22, so I do see the issue

Do i enter auto_win when the battle strength screen shows up?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

yeah, and after autowin comes either attacker or defender, depending on who you are
    I never use cheats, though, since I feel that when the AI outsmarts me, it should be allowed to outsmart me, be that as rebels or not. Figures, since I play Demon's Souls and I will play Dark Souls