Thread: TW Preference File Editor

Default TW Preference File Editor

Hi all,
    got into learning a bit of C#/.NET the last two days so I was in need of an exercise...

Chose to write a little editor for the preference script file of the total war games (ETW, NTW, S2), thought I might as well upload it.

It provides a list view on the left with all keys available in the preferences.script.txt, and some text fields on the right displaying information from the corresponding line (to the key selected in the list).
    You can change the value and save your file under a different name.
    There is no validation of whether the input makes sense.

You can select the game for which you want to edit the preferences. It will open at the right path initially (i.e., the appropriate script folder).
    Only the games you have installed are available. I have not tried what happens if you don't have any installed (I don't have such a computer ).

You'll need .NET 4.0 to run it (is my guess, I'm not at home with Windows the distribution mechanism).
    I suggest to backup your preference file before overwriting it.
    I have only tested the tool on S2, on Windows 7 / 64 bit and Vista.

Installation:
    Just unpack anywhere and run the .exe file.
    The .icos are not neccessary, you can delete them if you don't want the window's icon to change on game selection.

Menus:
    File:
    Load Standard: loads the preference file with the default name (as will be used by the game).
    Load...: lets you open a file with a different name.
    Save: saves the currently edited file under the same name it was opened or saved with.
    Save As: lets you save the game under a different name.

Game:
    Lets you select the game you want to edit the preferences for.
    Last edited by daniu; September 16, 2011 at 05:01 AM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: TW Preference File Editor [TOOL]

Pretty nifty.

That does look pretty nifty. It might come in handy when the game defaults everything after a crash or something.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.