Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian politics.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Australian politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    speaking of which, how soon are we going to get our F-35s?
    The real irony here, is that USA is selling us a now obsolete piece of junk; waste of Australian taxpayers money. It's the F-22's we need, but USA won't sell. Even the Soviet PAK-FA is superior in every way to the F-35. With friends like USA who needs enemies. Perhaps we should turn to the Soviets to protect our Uranium investments?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    I agree with your suggestion. However, the left thinks it's better for our kids to learn about Chinese herbal medicine pseudo-science and how evil white people are.

If you wonder why I said those things, maybe it's because they are now in the public school curriculum. Thank you for not politicising education, Labor.
    there's actually a lot of benefits to be had from Chinese herbal medicine; last week, the united states awarded their version of the nobel prize to the Chinese scientist who isolated the active component in artemisinin, now used for quinine resistant malaria:
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201..._131140415.htm

regarding the rather left wing nature of education; IME all educators/teachers/university lecturers almost always have a left wing pro labor pro green bias; remember doing the hsc? what viewpoint would u have to use to get higher marks in english?
    If there is a consumer product in existence, you can buy it in America. They also have fine women of every ethnic taste. And they have good pizza. How can Ostraya compete with this?
    well it is true that in America u have a wider selection of wimmin'-namely the latino and black flavoured ice creams, and a wider selection of european ancestry than oz, but both countries have their ups and downs.
    i would object to the pizza part though; food in australia is without doubt superior to the mass produced food in america; if u want anything like what we can buy in our supermarkets u need to go to the classy organic areas of town.

Quote Originally Posted by AdolphbinStalin View Post
    The real irony here, is that USA is selling us a now obsolete piece of junk; waste of Australian taxpayers money. It's the F-22's we need, but USA won't sell. Even the Soviet PAK-FA is superior in every way to the F-35. With friends like USA who needs enemies. Perhaps we should turn to the Soviets to protect our Uranium investments?
    we should buy the PAK-FA then, no arguments there

Indefinitely Banned

truly disgusting how slavish our Australian political elite are when it comes to American demands of homage and foreign policy
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/gillard-...920-1kjg1.html

our ranga in chief has supported our lord and masters in Washington's Edicts against Palestinean nationhood. Even the Brits had more spine in this regard.

On that I agree with you Exarch. The article seemed to be comparing it with the "All the way with LBJ" line the gov took in the Vietnam War.
    Last edited by Jedi1; September 21, 2011 at 12:44 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi1 View Post
    On that I agree with you Exarch. Reminiscent of the "All the way with LBJ" of the Vietnam war.
    when there are active american spies in our government, what the heck can we do.

beggin' the pardon of our PM, but aren't we supposed to catch spies, put them on trial and imprison them? what the heck are we doing with a known spy as a government minister?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

we should buy the PAK-FA then, no arguments there
    I would appreciate the day when Australians learn the beauty of Russian weapons.

Long live Russian arsenal!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I would appreciate the day when Australians learn the beauty of Russian weapons.

Long live Russian arsenal!!!
    whilst the PAK-FA is a beautiful hunk of flying metal, i was thinking more diversification of arms purchases, though if Lady Liberty realised Australia was slipping from her grasp, she'd turn into Mistress Liberty and don the rubber and whip real quick.

whilst the PAK-FA is a beautiful hunk of flying metal, i was thinking more diversification of arms purchases, though if Lady Liberty realised Australia was slipping from her grasp, she'd turn into Mistress Liberty and don the rubber and whip real quick.
    Well, I just worry that your Queen would worry that her subjects in penal colony getting too many heavy weapons...
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Indefinitely Banned

Well, I just worry that your Queen would worry that her subjects in penal colony getting too many heavy weapons...
    i'd be in favour of nukes as well, and an ABM shield
    we wouldnt need that many, about the same number as the UK, a coupla hundred or 5

we wouldnt need that many, about the same number as the UK, a coupla hundred or 5
    Does Australia also need two carriers without jets?

Indefinitely Banned

Does Australia also need two carriers without jets?
    lol, y'know what, that'd be pretty sweet as well; 2 carriers, one for the east, the other for the west

lol, y'know what, that'd be pretty sweet as well; 2 carriers, one for the east, the other for the west
    Ya, those can be used as batter ram, since they have no jets.

Indefinitely Banned

Ya, those can be used as batter ram, since they have no jets.
    the UK has no coin for them jets, luckily we in Australia have plenty of coin, but we aint shippin' it back to the queen, that's for sure

hmmm british carriers staffed with russian jets; an unHoly marriage no doubt; i just hope we still have staff who remember how to operate a carrier, it's been too damn long since we last had a carrier.

the UK has no coin for them jets, luckily we in Australia have plenty of coin, but we aint shippin' it back to the queen, that's for sure

hmmm british carriers staffed with russian jets; an unHoly marriage no doubt; i just hope we still have staff who remember how to operate a carrier, it's been too damn long since we last had a carrier.
    It is not the problem of no cash for jets, but the jets are not even out yet (F-35) so even you have plenty of cash there is no use.

Indefinitely Banned

It is not the problem of no cash for jets, but the jets are not even out yet (F-35) so even you have plenty of cash there is no use.
    all the more reason we should embark on our own native fighter program; even Taiwan (ROC) developed its own fighters, there's no reason why we can't

What does Australia have currently, F-18s? Refurbish those and if you want to remain in the defence industry game, encourage start-ups that specialize in robotics and drones.

Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus

well it is true that in America u have a wider selection of wimmin'-namely the latino and black flavoured ice creams, and a wider selection of european ancestry than oz, but both countries have their ups and downs.
    i would object to the pizza part though; food in australia is without doubt superior to the mass produced food in america; if u want anything like what we can buy in our supermarkets u need to go to the classy organic areas of town.
    Are you trolling me? You need to experience America's culinary scene sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    What does Australia have currently, F-18s? Refurbish those and if you want to remain in the defence industry game, encourage start-ups that specialize in robotics and drones.
    LOL not only do we already have hornets but we decided to spend billions of dollers on super hornets last year as a stop gap untill the f-35s arive.So dont try anything Fiji for the 10 years we dont have stealth jets because we have the next best thing.

I'm pretty sure the Americans would have sold us the raptors,there was talk of it a while ago,but we dont need the damn things.

Protector Domesticus

If we come up against an opponent that requires high tech Fighter planes to combat, id say we are screwed anyways

We will be with that attitude any way.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem