Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Default Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    great game, poor review
    Would you care to elaborate?

Also, did you even read the second sentence?

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is Tripwire Interactive's newest game. You might have played Red Orchestra 1, or Killing Floor, and recognize the name from those games, as yes, they are also Tripwire Interactive games. Red Orchestra 2 has only been out for a couple of days now, so consider this more like some preliminary thoughts rather than a full fledged review.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

Good review, seriously kicking myself for not buying this earlier in the week when it was on sale ...

But, if at some point it is down to RO2 and ArmA2 Combined Ops (if they were to be on sale, and I were to get only one) what should I get?
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

Good review, seriously kicking myself for not buying this earlier in the week when it was on sale ...

But, if at some point it is down to RO2 and ArmA2 Combined Ops (if they were to be on sale, and I were to get only one) what should I get?
    Thanks. You're probably better off with RO2 if you're looking for casual fun, ArmA 2 can be infuriating with it's difficulty, RO2 (especially classic mode) is slow-paced and realism based, but still easy to pick up and learn.
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; June 03, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Yeah, I'm already mildly familiar with the Red Orchestra series - had Ostfront.

With regards to ArmA2, there's the whole DayZ mod that looks intriguing though ....

I'm seriously split between the two...
    If there's a sale on these games, I think it'll boil down to which one is cheaper.
    Thanks though for your input!
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethe_Snake15 View Post
    Yeah, I'm already mildly familiar with the Red Orchestra series - had Ostfront.

With regards to ArmA2, there's the whole DayZ mod that looks intriguing though ....

I'm seriously split between the two...
    If there's a sale on these games, I think it'll boil down to which one is cheaper.
    Thanks though for your input!
    DayZ's cool but RO2 is definitely the more polished title, and there's going to be more free DLC, and even full expansions, (Rising Storm) released in the future, while ArmA 2 is on it's last leg before ArmA 3.

Gah, this game is slowly taking over

My quest for a summer job will surely suffer the consequences...

Again, great review.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolkonsky View Post
    Thanks. You're probably better off with RO2 if you're looking for casual fun, ArmA 2 can be infuriating with it's difficulty, RO2 (especially classic mode) is slow-paced and realism based, but still easy to pick up and learn.

Also, where is difficulty in Arma 2?

Also, you suggest classic ro2 mode for casual fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    Yes, knowing Jakethe_Snake15, I came to the conclusion that he prefers games more like Red Orchestra 2 than ArmA 2. He has both now though, so it's all good.

Also, where is difficulty in Arma 2?
    Just about everything in that game is a ten step process.

Also, you suggest classic ro2 mode for casual fun?

Yes.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Great review, dude. Keep 'em coming + rep

I haven't played since the release (I KILLED HESUS TWICE BTW). What's new in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Great review, dude. Keep 'em coming + rep

I haven't played since the release (I KILLED HESUS TWICE BTW). What's new in the game?
    Thanks!

Rising Storm is coming out somtime soon. (Basically the same gameplay with a few changes, but Pacific Theater.)

Very well made review, props.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12