Creative Assembly has announced that the Rise of the Samurai downloadable content for Shogun 2 will be released on September 27th. Available for pre-purchase on Steam, the DLC takes place 400 years before the beginning of the Sengoku period portrayed in Shogun 2. The next major patch for Shogun 2 is set to be released simultaneously. In anticipation of the release CraigTW from CA has been sharing his Rise of the Samurai campaign diary. Reminiscent of many an After Action Report, be sure to catch Part I we reported previously, before delving into Part II of the Campaign Diary.

"I’ve been spending a lot of time admiring my general’s hat on the battlefield this week, mostly while playing the new “battle realism” mode. This feature’s fresh to Rise of the Samurai and is enabled through a checkbox when you start a new campaign. It aims to make things a bit tougher for more experienced players, or those who prefer an old-school challenge in battles.

When the mode’s active, your camera is restricted to a radius around your troops, detailed enemy tool-tip information is not available and your radar is disabled. In short, when it all goes wrong you’ll cry."