Thread: Crash please help

Default Crash please help

I installed TROM.

I only installed the mod pack, recommended speed reduction, TROM unit variety and TROM ACC recolor mod.

I get a crash on start screen and it says:

Error: Expecting kayword 'version'

Animations/BattleConfiguration/shogun_man_hand_mortar_combat_fragment.txt(1)

Please help.

Default Re: Crash please help

No one? Really?

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Hi sorry m8... we are in down time.

One method is to take all out, run "check file cache integrity" on steam and reinstall. Also we might need to delete your user files. Are you sure that you haven't put too many files in?

A screenie of your data folder in Steam/Common... would help
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Hi sorry m8... we are in down time.

One method is to take all out, run "check file cache integrity" on steam and reinstall. Also we might need to delete your user files. Are you sure that you haven't put too many files in?

A screenie of your data folder in Steam/Common... would help
    I already did that and the same message comes out. I don't have any DLC installed could that be a problem?

No I only put main TROM file, speed reduction 30, hotfix, TROM unit variety and TROM Dem colors...

I'm a total noob but could you tell me how do I take a screene in windows?

Maybe if I write down all the files I have there?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    I already did that and the same message comes out. I don't have any DLC installed could that be a problem?

No I only put main TROM file, speed reduction 30, hotfix, TROM unit variety and TROM Dem colors...

I'm a total noob but could you tell me how do I take a screene in windows?

Maybe if I write down all the files I have there?
    LOL for a 2d artist you should be able to m8 --- probably ctrl print screen.... then you paste it into MS paint or any other program like word... much less work than writing out files.ù

Go into steam and do an integrity check... Yarkis will be back he will try and help. This error is not typical so I am assuming its something with your vanilla install
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

My vanilla is clean but will try that.

Well, you know, I never done that, I make all my work in PS CS5 and then upload via imageshack or some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    My vanilla is clean but will try that.

Well, you know, I never done that, I make all my work in PS CS5 and then upload via imageshack or some other way.
    - Ctrl --> Print Screen then paste it, then show us

Are you running Windows 7?

I dont wanna make you delete your user --> roaming files before we have looked into it

Fixed it in the end. I just needed to update with newer patches. O disabled the automatic patching.