Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Red Devils Unit Pack! Red Devil units so far: Ashigaru and (humour intended) Naginata Geisha

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default The Red Devils Unit Pack! Red Devil units so far: Ashigaru and (humour intended) Naginata Geisha

This mod is both a work-in-progress and a released one, so I'm going with the released prefix.

This guy, Ii Naomasa, is known as the Red Devil (although technically he wasn't the only one to bear the nickname).

This modification will bring numerous new units into the game, including Ii Naomasa, and a bunch of other units with the prefix "Red Devil". Naturally, they will have a red theme.

Here is what I have planned thus far. It will most likely be bigger, but this is what I have thought out for now.

Units:
    -Ii Naomasa. Erwin Rommel noted there is a general unit variant based on Naomasa, so I will use that as the officer.
    -Red Devil Ashigaru. They are the same as the Yari Ashigaru, however the front rank can fire a bow. Those bowmen have the same stats as the Bow Ashigaru. The base upkeep is around ~110 koku per turn. At the moment, the unit is recruitable by the Tokugawa in both custom battles and in the campaign. In the campaign, you should be able to recruit it immediately. The unit card is the same as the yari ashigaru, only I re-coloured the clothes red. (This unit is finished. There is a download link below.)
    -Red Devil Samurai. They will be based on the Katana Samurai unit. I'm not sure if I will add the bow element.
    -"Red Devil" themed cavalry units.

I would like a bit of help with this. Suggestions regarding features for prospective red devil units are very welcome, however I wouldn't mind having custom textures that have Naomasa's square(ish) crest instead of the vanilla circle on the ashigaru textures. I haven't mucked around with textures all that much, so it might be a while until I look at creating custom textures.

Download links Red Devil Ashigaru.
    Red Devil Naginata Geisha.

Credit where credit is due! Demonic Punisher, Awesome consultant
    Master Necromancer, historical info and crest reference
    Crazyeyesreaper, Information on clan-specific generals
    Yoshisuke, Pictures regarding armour
    Last edited by Akaie; September 30, 2011 at 05:41 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Demonic Punisher's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The Red Devils Unit Pack!

ขอร่วมทดสอบด้วยคนครับ. สวัสดีครับ ท่านอาจารย์Anton.
    I test with it. Hello Master Anton.

ข้าพเจ้า Daemonicus ขอบคุณมากครับ.
    I Daemonicus Thanks.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

W00t. Your works just keep getting better and better.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

คงจะดี หากทุกตระกูลสามารถเกณท์พลรบเหล่านี้มาใช้ได้.
    Would be nice if every family of combatants, these criteria can be used.

แค่เพียงตั้งชื่อไว้เป็นเกียรติแก่ตระกูลต้นกำเนิดก็เพียงพอ ดังเช่น Tokugawa Red Devil.
    It is named in honor of the family of origin is sufficient, such as Tokugawa Red Devil.

ข้าพเจ้าชื่นชอบมาก ที่พวกเขาสามารถใช้อาวุธธนูได้ด้วย.
    My favorite. They can be armed with a bow.

และ หากข้าพเจ้าจะขอบางสิ่งจากท่านอาจารย์ได้.
    And if I get something from the Master.

ข้าพเจ้าขอให้เพิ่มSkill Rappid Advanceเข้าไปด้วยก็จะดีมากครับ.
    I would like to be added to the Skill Rappid Advance is very good.

มันใช้งานได้แล้วครับ แต่ใช้ได้เฉพาะตระกูลTokugawa
    I use it. The only family of Tokugawa.

อยากให้แสดงเห็นคันธนู และซองลูกธนูที่พวกเขาสะพายอยู่ด้วยน่ะครับ.
    It shows the bow. And a pack of arrows which they carry with me.
    Last edited by Demonic Punisher; September 14, 2011 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Punisher View Post
    ขอร่วมทดสอบด้วยคนครับ. สวัสดีครับ ท่านอาจารย์Anton.
    I test with it. Hello Master Anton.

ข้าพเจ้า Daemonicus ขอบคุณมากครับ.
    I Daemonicus Thanks.
    Thanks for the honour .

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post

คงจะดี หากทุกตระกูลสามารถเกณท์พลรบเหล่านี้มาใช้ได้.
    Would be nice if every family of combatants, these criteria can be used.

แค่เพียงตั้งชื่อไว้เป็นเกียรติแก่ตระกูลต้นกำเนิดก็เพียงพอ ดังเช่น Tokugawa Red Devil.
    It is named in honor of the family of origin is sufficient, such as Tokugawa Red Devil.
    So, What I am trying to do is use "Red Devil" as a prefix in the same vein as "Chosokabe Bow Samurai" or "Tokugawa Mounted Gunners". Its my way of making Naomasa's forces significant in the game. I'd like to avoid putting "Tokugawa" in front of all that, as it kind of kills off the effect of having "Red Devils" at the front.

ข้าพเจ้าชื่นชอบมาก ที่พวกเขาสามารถใช้อาวุธธนูได้ด้วย.
    My favorite. They can be armed with a bow.

และ หากข้าพเจ้าจะขอบางสิ่งจากท่านอาจารย์ได้.
    And if I get something from the Master.

ข้าพเจ้าขอให้เพิ่มSkill Rappid Advanceเข้าไปด้วยก็จะดีมากครับ.
    I would like to be added to the Skill Rappid Advance is very good.
    I'm not sure if you are talking about the "Li Naomasa" unit, but: I can give them a bow as a secondary weapon. I was thinking of making them a cavalry unit, but I can mess around with a rapid advance skill.

มันใช้งานได้แล้วครับ แต่ใช้ได้เฉพาะตระกูลTokugawa
    I use it. The only family of Tokugawa.
    Don't worry, these are faction specific units. I think any clan can use them in custom battles, but on the campaign, only the Tokugawa can recruit them.

อยากให้แสดงเห็นคันธนู และซองลูกธนูที่พวกเขาสะพายอยู่ด้วยน่ะครับ.
    It shows the bow. And a pack of arrows which they carry with me.
    I'm not sure if I can show a quiver. Also, there isn't any animation where a bow is attached and detached from a soldiers' back, so showing both whilst idle means the soldier holding both his primary weapon (for example a yari) and the secondary weapon (a yumi).

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Don't worry, these are faction specific units. I think any clan can use them in custom battles, but on the campaign, only the Tokugawa can recruit them.
    จากการทดลองในเวลาอันสั้น(ก่อนเข้านอน). ไม่ปรากฎว่าพบกองพลนี้ในตระกูลChosokabe.
    Experiments in a short time (before going to bed). This division does not appear that the Clan Chosokabe.

ข้าพเจ้าจะลองคาดเดาไปก่อนว่า ต้องสร้างจากโรงหอกในตำนาน(ซึ่งข้าพเจ้ายังมิได้สร้างมัน).
    I will try to guess it. Be created from the legendary spear (which I did not make it).

I'm not sure if I can show a quiver. Also, there isn't any animation where a bow is attached and detached from a soldiers' back, so showing both whilst idle means the soldier holding both his primary weapon (for example a yari) and the secondary weapon (a yumi).
    และแม้อย่างน้อย ท่านอาจารย์ก็ยังได้ฟังมันแล้ว.
    And even, at least. Master, I have heard it already.

และแม้เมื่อไร หากเกมส์นำมันลงมาปรากฎได้ ฝันของเหล่าเรา คงจะเป็นความจริง
    And even when If the game appears to take it down. We dream of them. It is a fact.

ข้าพเจ้าDaemonicus มิตรภาพจากสยาม.
    I Daemonicus. Friendship of Siam.
    Last edited by Demonic Punisher; September 14, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

จากการทดลองในเวลาอันสั้น(ก่อนเข้านอน). ไม่ปรากฎว่าพบกองพลนี้ในตระกูลChosokabe.
    Experiments in a short time (before going to bed). This division does not appear that the Clan Chosokabe.

ข้าพเจ้าจะลองคาดเดาไปก่อนว่า ต้องสร้างจากโรงหอกในตำนาน(ซึ่งข้าพเจ้ายังมิได้สร้างมัน).
    I will try to guess it. Be created from the legendary spear (which I did not make it).

และแม้อย่างน้อย ท่านอาจารย์ก็ยังได้ฟังมันแล้ว.
    And even, at least. Master, I have heard it already.

และแม้เมื่อไร หากเกมส์นำมันลงมาปรากฎได้ ฝันของเหล่าเรา คงจะเป็นความจริง
    And even when If the game appears to take it down. We dream of them. It is a fact.

ข้าพเจ้าDaemonicus มิตรภาพจากสยาม.
    I Daemonicus. Friendship of Siam.
    Thanks for your replies, Daemonicus!

In having a look at the pack file, I have not given global permissions for other clans to use it, so only the Tokugawa can recruit the Red Devil Ashigaru unit in both custom battles and the campaign.

I'll tell you what. I'll have a good look at what animations and weapons are in the game. From there, we will see what Red Devil variants we can create . Who knows, there might be some stuff you will like .

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    Judging by the unit variant file, I think this is the one:

BTW, don't worry about the re-colourings and all that... it was just quicker to just use the Sanada.

Humourously, considering I didn't edit the atlas files, just getting this guy to lead the katana cavalry unit as a test makes a .pack file roughly ~50mb!
    Last edited by Akaie; September 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

A quick follow-up. Before putting the db files together for the Ii Naomasa unit, I thought I'd test out the unit card. I still have to make the five other cards, but this is the idea:

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Maybe better to make a card that will fit in with the rest?

I am eager to try this unit out, new strategy could be used with it.

One more unit to add could be the Red Lotus Monks. While they aren't connected to Naomasa directly, they did wear blood red cloths and where very violent and deadly with the yari. They often joined battles with different vassals, it was said that they where under some corrupted Shinto\Buddhist teachings that thought of enlightenment through battle. The could fit very nicely.

Btw here is Naomasas family crest maybe you'd want to use it.

P.S. It would be great if this worked with unit variety mod as in making this unit part of it.

ดวงวิญญาณของท่านIi Naomasa จะต้องตื้นตันในผลงานชิ้นนี้.
    Ii Naomasa your soul will be overwhelmed in this work.

เป็นที่ถกเถียงกันในหมู่สมาคมThai Total War. ในเรื่องการเลือกเล่นMiner Clan. ว่าไม่น่าจะเป็นสิ่งที่เป็นไปได้. แต่จากรูปภาพของท่านอาจารย์ กลับทำให้พวกเราต้องคิดใหม่.
    The debate among the Association of Thai Total War. In the play Miner Clan. That would not be possible. But the image of the Master. We have to make new ideas.

หากจะไม่เป็นการรบกวนท่านอาจารย์จนเกินไป. ขอให้ท่านขยายความในเรื่องการเข้าเล่นในแคลนเล็ก. ว่าต้องใช้ตัวแปรหรือปรับแต่งอย่างไรบ้าง. (หากท่านจะกรุณาบอกพวกเรา).
    If it does not disturb you too professor. We suggest that you expand on the subject of playing in a small clan. I have to use or modify some parameters. (If you could please tell us).

และอย่างไรก็ตาม ข้าพเจ้ายังจะขอร้องให้ผู้เล่นแคลนอื่นๆ สามารถเกณฑ์ทหารปีศาจเหล่านี้มาใช้ได้ต่อไป(ในฐานะทหารรับจ้าง).
    And however I would also ask the player to the other clan. These demons can draft the next available (as mercenaries).

Sorry this just made my game crash on startup...

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Maybe better to make a card that will fit in with the rest?

I am eager to try this unit out, new strategy could be used with it.

One more unit to add could be the Red Lotus Monks. While they aren't connected to Naomasa directly, they did wear blood red cloths and where very violent and deadly with the yari. They often joined battles with different vassals, it was said that they where under some corrupted Shinto\Buddhist teachings that thought of enlightenment through battle. The could fit very nicely.

Btw here is Naomasas family crest maybe you'd want to use it.

P.S. It would be great if this worked with unit variety mod as in making this unit part of it.
    Yeah. I have to figure out a good edge for the Naomasa unit. How about: "Can cause the combustion of enemies"?

I agree with the unit card. For now, I'll use the one seen above as a placeholder until I have a really good-looking version.

I am always willing to create more units, thus I shall keep the Red Lotus Monks in mind. Thanks!

I'll try to find a place for the family crest somewhere.

This should work alongside the unit variety mod, but a test would not go unwarranted.

ดวงวิญญาณของท่านIi Naomasa จะต้องตื้นตันในผลงานชิ้นนี้.
    Ii Naomasa your soul will be overwhelmed in this work.

เป็นที่ถกเถียงกันในหมู่สมาคมThai Total War. ในเรื่องการเลือกเล่นMiner Clan. ว่าไม่น่าจะเป็นสิ่งที่เป็นไปได้. แต่จากรูปภาพของท่านอาจารย์ กลับทำให้พวกเราต้องคิดใหม่.
    The debate among the Association of Thai Total War. In the play Miner Clan. That would not be possible. But the image of the Master. We have to make new ideas.

หากจะไม่เป็นการรบกวนท่านอาจารย์จนเกินไป. ขอให้ท่านขยายความในเรื่องการเข้าเล่นในแคลนเล็ก. ว่าต้องใช้ตัวแปรหรือปรับแต่งอย่างไรบ้าง. (หากท่านจะกรุณาบอกพวกเรา).
    If it does not disturb you too professor. We suggest that you expand on the subject of playing in a small clan. I have to use or modify some parameters. (If you could please tell us).

และอย่างไรก็ตาม ข้าพเจ้ายังจะขอร้องให้ผู้เล่นแคลนอื่นๆ สามารถเกณฑ์ทหารปีศาจเหล่านี้มาใช้ได้ต่อไป(ในฐานะทหารรับจ้าง).
    And however I would also ask the player to the other clan. These demons can draft the next available (as mercenaries).
    I must ask for a bit more clarity. I understand conveying exactly what you want is a bit hard, so please be patient with me. I am very willing to hear what you and Thai Total War has to say!

"The debate among the Association of Thai Total War. In the play Miner Clan." By this, do you mean that the Red Devils should be a minor clan?

The third and fourth paragraphs could mean numerous things, so if it is not too much trouble I would ask that you provide some clarity there.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I must ask for a bit more clarity. I understand conveying exactly what you want is a bit hard, so please be patient with me. I am very willing to hear what you and Thai Total War has to say!
    ครับ^^' ข้าพเจ้าก็ต้องใช้การคาดเดาในสำนวนอักษร อันโปรแกรมแปลภาษาออกมาอย่างสลับหน้าและหลัง. นับเป็นเกียรติมากกว่า ที่ท่านยินดีสละเวลามารับฟังเรา.
    I ^ ^ 'I guess I have to use the expression literally. The translation came out to the front and back. It is a privilege over You're willing to take the time to listen to us.

"The debate among the Association of Thai Total War. In the play Miner Clan." By this, do you mean that the Red Devils should be a minor clan?
    ไม่นะครับ, แต่หมายถึงว่า พวกเราก็อยากจะเริ่มเล่นในMiner Clan (อย่างท่านเล่นบ้าง).
    Not me, I mean. We also wanted to play in the Miner Clan (especially if you play it).

The third and fourth paragraphs could mean numerous things, so if it is not too much trouble I would ask that you provide some clarity there.
    ในวรรคที่3 ข้าพเจ้าหมายถึง(พวกเรา)ก็อยากจะเล่นในMiner Clan บ้างครับ, แต่สาธยายยาวเกินไป.
    In paragraph 3, I mean (we) would like to play on some Miner Clan, but too long to recite.

ในวรรคที่4 หมายถึงว่า มีบางคนเล่นแบบไม่ยึดติดกับแคลนใดๆ.
    In paragraph 4, means that some people do not adhere to any clan.

และพวกเขาสนุกที่จะแก้ปมประวัติศาสตร์ ด้วยการตั้งตัวจากแคลนเล็กๆขึ้นมา.
    And they are fun to solve the history. With the setting up of a small clan.

แต่พวกเขาก็ชื่นชมกองทหารปีศาจแดงกลุ่มนี้.
    But they also appreciate the Red Devil Army group.

จึงอยากให้ข้อเสนอแนะว่าแคลนอื่นๆ ก็น่าจะมีสิทธิ์เกณฑ์ทหารเหล่านี้มาใช้ออกรบได้บ้าง.
    Would suggest that the other clan. Would have conscripted them to fight with them.

แต่ก็จะผูกขาดให้เฉพาะกับผู้เล่นเท่านั้น ที่สามารถเกณฑ์ทหารเหล่านี้ได้.
    It is exclusive only to players only. These can be drafted.

If I'm understanding right, then you should have a look at Mitch's "All Clans Playable". With this, every minor clan can now be played. Here's the link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=481127

Patron of Erwin Rommel

สิ่งนี้แหละครับ ที่พวกเราต้องการ. ขอบคุณท่านมากครับ(ที่ชี้ทางสว่าง).
    This is nice. That we need. Thank you very much (at the point of light).

Here's a bit of a light-hearted addition: the "Red Devil Naginata Geisha."

Don't take them too seriously. I was just mucking around with renaming textures and eventually noticed that the second geisha's clothes were red. You know where I'm going with this .

The file is attached to this post. I will link it in the OP.

Oh... I'm not sure if one of the numbers that is supposed to be unique is different to that of the Red Devil Ashigaru, meaning that one of the units may not show up, or will pose a bit of a conflict. I'll check it out soon.

...anyone else notice she only has three fingers?

Last edited by Akaie; September 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Default Re: The Red Devils Unit Pack! Red Devil units so far: Ashigaru and (humour intended) Naginata Geisha

ถ้าหากข้าพเจ้าจะเปลี่ยนแปลงModนี้.
    If I change this Mod.

ข้าพเจ้าจะให้พวกเธอสวมชุดผ้าของซามูไร และใส่เกราะเบาสีแดง.
    I let her wear the clothes of the samurai. Light armor and wearing red.

และพวกเธอควรจะเก่งกว่านี้เมื่อลงจากหลังม้า.
    And they should be better than this on dismount.

พวกเธอควรจะขว้างระเบิดได้ และหลบเลี่ยงอาวุธได้อย่างว่องไวกว่านี้.
    They should be throwing bombs. Weapons and escape rapidly than this.

หรือไม่ พวกเธอก็อาจจะมีสกิลซึ่งเหมือนกับนักรบนินจา.
    Or they might simply be a skill, like ninja warrior.

และแม้ข้าพเจ้ายังไม่บอกได้ว่าชอบRed Devil Naginata Geisha.
    And even I can not tell exactly like Red Devil Naginata Geisha.

แต่ข้าพเจ้ากลับน้อมคารวะความทุ่มเทซึ่งท่านมีให้กับพวกเรา.
    But I bow to salute the dedication that you provide to us.

Default Re: The Red Devils Unit Pack! Red Devil units so far: Ashigaru and (humour intended) Naginata Geisha

ถ้าหากข้าพเจ้าจะเปลี่ยนแปลงModนี้.
    If I change this Mod.

ข้าพเจ้าจะให้พวกเธอสวมชุดผ้าของซามูไร และใส่เกราะเบาสีแดง.
    I let her wear the clothes of the samurai. Light armor and wearing red.

และพวกเธอควรจะเก่งกว่านี้เมื่อลงจากหลังม้า.
    And they should be better than this on dismount.

พวกเธอควรจะขว้างระเบิดได้ และหลบเลี่ยงอาวุธได้อย่างว่องไวกว่านี้.
    They should be throwing bombs. Weapons and escape rapidly than this.

หรือไม่ พวกเธอก็อาจจะมีสกิลซึ่งเหมือนกับนักรบนินจา.
    Or they might simply be a skill, like ninja warrior.

และแม้ข้าพเจ้ายังไม่บอกได้ว่าชอบRed Devil Naginata Geisha.
    And even I can not tell exactly like Red Devil Naginata Geisha.

แต่ข้าพเจ้ากลับน้อมคารวะความทุ่มเทซึ่งท่านมีให้กับพวกเรา.
    But I bow to salute the dedication that you provide to us.
    Y'know, this can be details for a separate unit. To make it easier, I can base this on the 'Onna Bugeisha' model parts.

Bomb throwers, for example can be a Red Devil unit.

Red Devil Ninja can also be a unit, although I'm not sure if theres a colour mask for the ninja models meant for battles. Hopefully there is, that I may have non-stereotypical ninja units .

This unit pack is looking pretty good, eh?

Patron of Erwin Rommel

This unit pack is looking pretty good, eh?
    ท่านเข้าใจถูกต้องแล้วครับ(ท่านอาจารย์).
    I understand you correctly (Master).

ข้าพเจ้าทดลองใช้Red Devil Naginata Geisha และผลปรากฎว่าพวกเธอนั้นอ่อนแอมาก.
    I used Red Devil Naginata Geisha, and it turns out that they are very weak.

'Red Onna Bugeisha'คือสิ่งที่น่าจะได้รับการตอบรับอย่างดี.
    'Red Onna Bugeisha' is something that should have been well received.

พวกเธอจะขี่ม้าและสวมกางเกงสีแดง ซึ่งข้าพเจ้าเคยเห็นพวกเธอในภาพยนต์.
    They ride horses and wear red. Which I have seen them in movies.

(แต่อย่าลืมปลดล๊อคให้เป็นสากลด้วยนะ ^^') ...
    (But do not forget to unlock it to be universal too ^ ^ ') ...

Regarding the Red Devil Naginata Geisha, you should consider them an early version. I need to figure out something that makes them unique. I also need to have a look at your concern that they are weak and make them a bit stronger. Any suggestions as to how I should make them unique?

I'll name them 'Red Devil Onna-Bugeisha' to keep to the red devil theme . I'm not committing all my modding time to this mod, so forgive me if new content comes out a bit slow.

Regarding accessibility, I had an idea that could not only apply to the Red Devil units but could actually be a mod in itself. Change clan-specific units to region-specific units. The names could be changed, but the mod would allow 'Oda Yari Ashigaru' to be recruited if you own Owari province. This would mean allowing Oda to have the standard Yari Ashigaru unit, but also, if they can hold onto Owari province, Oda Yari Ashigaru. If you take all 65 provinces, you will be able to recruit all faction-specific units in the game. I might look to make this after the big patch.
    Last edited by Akaie; September 19, 2011 at 04:07 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast