Thread: Colored unit cards updated to TROM3 v1.5 (unupdated)

Default Colored unit cards updated to TROM3 v1.5 (unupdated)

Last edited by akp; August 08, 2012 at 11:04 AM.

Default Re: TROM3 unit cards mod 3 types available

interesting! (+rep)

Default Re: TROM3 unit cards mod 3 types available

I've just made an ambush deployment zone mod that will be especially useful for TROM3's reduced unit movement speeds

Ambush deployment zone mod v1.0

Default Re: Ambush deployment zone mod + 3 sets of TROM3 unit cards

The ambush mod is really great. In the next version of TROM3 I removed the ability to deploy anywhere on the battlefield from the Hattori standard units, but made the faction better in ambushing instead. This fits perfectly to this mod.

will that ambush mod work with any mod? that looks superb

nevermind i see that it does... thanks for the mod!
    Last edited by freelancerX; September 18, 2011 at 07:11 PM.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

The new deployment setup is great. However, I'm getting hosed in ambushes as the AI (defending) ends up in an overly blobular configuration and there's no room to maneuver to take advantage of your position.

I've played two battles thus far. The 2nd went a bit better than the first (don't want to talk about that -- inexperienced mangonel crews not recommended for ambushes ). I set up rows of spears on either long side of the deployment zone with archers behind (elevated where possible). I placed fast samurai and monk spears to the outside for potential flanking (more about that later). Along the short side I used matchlocks backed up up by elite spears to fire into the AI's center. Also had some cavalry covering the end of the u-shape where you can't deploy. Pretty reasonable, no? Both armies were well composed, though the AI lacked cavalry in this instance (good for me).

It began well enough with my spears rushing to engage and lock up the AI columns from either side as matchlocks fired into the open end. It was a thing of beauty for a short time. However, with the AI columns so tightly spaced there was no room to move in flankers. The guns, while fun to watch at work, couldn't really penetrate to the center of the AI formation or create a morale shock. My cavalry also had nothing to do until the end. So the AI actually ends up in a very sound defensive disposition from the start. Although I won the engagement, I suffered heavy casualties and eventually lost the province I was defending.

I think the solution here might be to avoid rushing the defenders and instead attempt to pull them apart to leave room for a flanking attack once everyone is locked in melee. Matchlock placement might also need some work. Overall, this was much more fun than the vanilla deployment setup, It seems you can't be overzealous though unless you have a large numerical advantage due to close proximity to a naturally good defensive AI formation. Anyone else?

Thanks for making this

Default Re: Ambush deployment zone mod + 3 sets of TROM3 unit cards (ROTS compatible)

Unit cards updated for ROTS. Ambush mod should work fine without any updates.

Default Re: Ambush deployment zone mod + 3 sets of TROM3 unit cards (ROTS compatible)

Updated the cards to TROM3 1.5

Default Re: Colored unit cards updated to TROM3 v1.5

Awesome, but I can't help but notice that the faction specific units (ie: Chosokabe Yumi Ashigaru, Oda Yari Ashigaru etc.) are appearing as their default blue background.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to mention I'm using the muted v2 cards and I deleted the old version.
    Last edited by Skibbles; October 09, 2011 at 10:18 PM.

Default Re: Colored unit cards updated to TROM3 v1.5

Love the ambush mod! However there seems to be an issue with kisho ninja -- they have the white border that they have to deploy behind which actually puts them at the very back/far end of the new attacking deployment zone.