Thread: CAE v1.4 Extended Released !

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Icon12 CAE v1.4 Extended Released !

Greetings again tw fans! It's been a long time indeed.(about 3 or 4 years maybe) I have fixed the broken download link and instead replaced it with a newer version of CAE which includes an extended map.Download at the usuall location which is here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1301 Here are the details:

V1.4 Extended

-New extended map with new regions,climate,terrain and cities.Map size have been increased to :
    -The map had been extended starting from the Caspian Sea towards east.17 new regions are added.

-List of new cities that were added :

1-Saray
    2-Sihir
    3-Khiva
    4-Urgench
    5-Samarkand
    6-Tehran
    7-Nishapur
    8-Herat
    9-Isfahan
    10-Yezd
    11-Zarani
    12-Shiraz
    13-Basra
    14-Shihr
    15-Dufar
    16-calafu
    17-Sahar

-Various Mercenaries will spawn at newly added regions.
    -Mongols have been relocated to new Sihir province from Isker and Khwarezm have been relocated to Samarkand from Tabriz.
    -New faction starting location maps at faction selection screen,more accurate corresponding with factions starting locations,colour theme arranged according to faction primary color RGBs.
    -New special faction unit tga pictures for Sweden,Georgia and Abbasids.
    -Abbasid units not available in grand campaign but accidentally took place in custom battle selection were removed.
    -Mongols producing countless units which slowed down the turn waiting time was fixed.
    -Optional folder was removed due to incompability with main files.

Below are some screenshots which shows the extended portion of the map.To the right of the Red Line is the added parts:

You can also view the screenshot of newly edited map tga of faction starting positions...

FOR STEAM USERS :

When running the installer use this directory to intall to :
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war
    and then at the same location find and open medieval.cfg file,right click on it and select properties tab uncheck read-only option and then open the file with notepad and copy paste this anywhere on the file just make sure you leave 1 blank line between it and other commands)

[features]
    mod = CloudsAcrossEurope

[io]
    file_first = true

save and then right click on properties again and put a checkmark on read-only option again.Double click on cloudsacrosseurope.bat file to start the mod.

COMPATIBILITY:

Compatible with patch v1.2,v1.3 and steam.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Zephrelial; September 13, 2011 at 04:55 PM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Default Re: CAE v1.4 Extended Released !

Hehe, i think i will do a mini mod adding better symbols+thanks.

I've checked this link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=478908

and saw the faction symbols :

I dont exeggerate but those are the best I ve seen I loved the artwork totally fits my taste.Great work

Thanks buddy. i will work at the symbols..

I will open a seperate thread for the faction symbols and you can post the progress there.

What's the starting date of the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by blur1811 View Post
    What's the starting date of the mod?
    It's 1080 the default starting year just like the vanilla.I recently played a campaign in CAE extended edition until the year 1280,and would like to give some update based on that.One thing I noticed is although (especially for western factions) the factions spread across are all in close proximity(there arent many rebel provinces that act as buffer between them)... It is not like every 1-2 years a faction gets destroy.Quite the contrary the only faction got destroyed was wallachia at the year 1276...And even then they werent destroyed by a particular faction.They got pressed hard at iasi by Poles and from south Byzantium and ended up holed up in Sofia and then they noobed up about not keeping public order and lost Sofia to rebels and got destroyed.

There were lots of battles and wrestling for territories during the campaing.Some factions got more territory while some were diminished,some alliances were formed then betrayed etc.Overall I am satisfied with campaign balance of CAE sofar.I obtained this sort of balance years ago when I tweaked the worth of trade resources so trade income was globally increased enabling all factions to have more armies.So one faction can not easily overpower and destroy an another quickly since they too have some extra stacks to throw over them in order to fend them off..This is what goes on for AI.

As for the player I remember having hard time in my Brit campaign in VH/VH,trying to hold on to Caen and fending off the french.They had lots of stacks and balanced armies.So I imagine players who like the challenge likes it.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; September 14, 2011 at 04:44 PM.

Rero's Avatar Senator

lovely!
    Emi master race!
    TheIncendiaryPig

Keep em coming! i love this mod so keep it up!

great news!,always loved this mod,thanks for this one!

crap... played with wallachia...conquered Novgorod and got unspecified ERROR...fix the problem

thank you for your work.im really love your mod.cant play med2 whitout it

Hi all,
    going through my hard drive, I am uploading a ton of mods, both as original resources and as backups in case any links that are currently provided somehow disappear (it will happen when you least expect it!)
    Clouds Across Europe by Zephrelial has always been one of my favorites. Here is a link to the 1.4 (Extended Map) file:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22731...4+EXTENDED.exe

my campaign encountered ctd at 78th turn and can't proceed to nex turn as it is crashing. will there be any fixes ? or shall i uninstall this mod?

Saying you have a CTD is pointless without the log. I don't know why the modder-in-chief didn't tell you to post your logs, but if you don't do that, nobody can solve your problems. Also, there's a thread specifically for bugs and crashes: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99750

How about looking around a bit next time before posting?

djmarkydee's Avatar Civis

played for a good while and noticed that the AI had never captured any rebel citys or castles atall, it looks as if the ai just sat back for around 300 turns, pity too because i was enjoying it, also byz has a problem with faction colour, mix of red and purple, red colour on minimap, purple units on screen, would love to get into this mod is it just my version or is this bugs in the mod. Nice work BTW