Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Music] Official Westeros: TW Soundtrack Development Thread

Default [Music] Official Westeros: TW Soundtrack Development Thread

after much headache and debate we, the team, have decided to give copy righted music a try. we will take steps to make certain that even if there is a copy righted issue we wont be in much trouble but it would be nice to find fan made music or themes from artists/companies who are not @$$holes.

anyways moving on, since the team is busy with other development of the various things we are working on, we have decided to have the community help us out with the soundtrack. there are a few restrictions and guidelines that need to be maintained however.

1) No modern themed music, this means no rock, techno, and definitely no rap.

2) we are looking for tracks that 'fit' the Westeros theme. for example when playing as Starks vs the Lannisters, in battle or campaign, we are not looking for 'Gondor fighting hordes of Orcs' theme song.

3) we need 3 types of music
    Campaign: Calm and Medieval like, we would prefer no vocals unless it is very soft and rare.
    Example 1 & Example 2
    March: this one is very subjective but do your best to find good themes that fit this category.
    Example (in this range, more calmer but dont be afraid to find more creative tracks)
    Battle: same as March, post whatever you feel is right but remember what i said about Gondor & Orcs
    Example (same as March, surprise me )

TIP: through my searches i found that a lot of medieval-type games have really nice themes, so if you know any medieval or fantasy games like fable, age of empires, elder scrolls that you have heard and think would fit our medieval setting then please submit their names or even link their official soundtrack from youtube here.

Thank you for you help and support.
    Cheers!

Note: Concerning tracks that have parts that don't fit or are just plain bad;
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    do not worry, i have softwares that can cut out, separate, amplify and etc any tracks you post here.
    Last edited by Toho; November 04, 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [Music] Official Westeros: TW Music Development Thread

Great iniative! I'll definetly go through my music library and search for good songs to add.

Can there be singing in it, like choirs in the background, or if it fits for Westeros? Or should it be music strictly?
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

If it fits, it fits. For example, i think that some faint religious choir could suit Stannis.

I mean, songs like "Never, Ever"
    Or War of the Thrones by Hammerfall, despite the fact that they are awesome and are about ASOIAF, wouldn`t fit.

(First one is about Sansa Stark, after she betrayed Ned and is really, really sad. The second one sounds more lighthearted but is also pretty serious.)
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; September 13, 2011 at 12:02 PM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

How about that? Is that too much choir, or good?
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!

I think it`s sounds awesome; But the choir might be a bit too prominent. Also, i think it would only be suited for the campaign map and it`s a bit too long, i think, since most of the time the player won`t be on the campaign map for 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    I think it`s sounds awesome; But the choir might be a bit too prominent. Also, i think it would only be suited for the campaign map and it`s a bit too long, i think, since most of the time the player won`t be on the campaign map for 2 minutes.
    Alright, let's see what we can dig up! *Cracks knuckles*

do not worry, i have softwares that can cut out, separate, amplify and etc any tracks you post here.

Default Re: [Music] Official Westeros: TW Soundtrack Development Thread

and definitely no rap.

*puts away 90s hip-hop mixtape*

I shall trawl my music library for anything suitable

A Time For Wolves...

How this for the Martell campaign map?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAyRul4jHFY

...and this for generic battle music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5k0CZKn6fM

I'll look for more. The guy in the latter looks like a strong version of Sweetrobin.

If you guys want (allowed), check out music from the mod FFH II and its modmods

edit: another good one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_NRTI2kU5I
    Last edited by KamikazeFTW; September 13, 2011 at 06:08 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCcKRZD_Gs voila!

edit: there is a lot of good nox arcana music fo such things, plus I'm pretty sure they don't care much if it's in mods and such
    another one but probably too much vocals, but still an awesome battle song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm34zcMrsBI
    Last edited by KamikazeFTW; September 13, 2011 at 05:43 PM.

How about this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJEcgKWSQ1Y

I think I'd sound pretty cool at the main menu or the caimpaign map

thank you for your contributions, we will look through all these tracks and those we find ourselves, a wise man once said (probably one of my English Teachers) you write 5000 words in your draft for the 1000 word essay.

thank you for your contributions, we will look through all these tracks and those we find ourselves, a wise man once said (probably one of my English Teachers) you write 5000 words in your draft for the 1000 word essay.
    ...... are my "words" in the "final essay?"....

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeFTW View Post
    ...... are my "words" in the "final essay?"....
    if your words are awesome and fit the thesis then of course, thats why this thread was made in the first place. not only we have to make sure the music fits westeros but also fits the entire campaign or battle playlist, you cant have a muslim music track and then a christian music track in the same faction playlist for example

another example, this track is awesome, too awesome actually but i cant place this anywhere:
    Last edited by Toho; September 13, 2011 at 06:15 PM.

toho that track is really great !

but isn't it already used in "call of warhammer" ?

if that shouldn't be a problem i 'd love to also hear some of the "beowulf animated" flick

EDIT : i'd like to propose stuff from these two soundtracks (not that much,already used in mods)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqnAxJgVw3Y (maybe dorne ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA9cd...eature=related (maybe starks ? )
    Last edited by Noobio; September 14, 2011 at 05:50 AM.

the second one is pretty good, i will look at that movies entire sound track and see what i find

ahhh..go see the movie too..sean bean at his best (at least his role lasts more than 30' in this )

I was sent this link to a royalty-free soundtrack site. Unfortunately it seems that they charge for a lot of things, but there may be some inspiration there.

If you don't use this or a variant I will be very unhappy!
    "Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
    Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ' Παλαιολόγος

"il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace, et la France est sauvée"

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast