Thread: When is Darth coming back?

Default When is Darth coming back?

I know hes on vacation but I don't know when he comes back or when hes planning to work on the mod.

crunchyfrog's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: When is Darth coming back?

Why don't you call his secretary?

I cannot afford a secretary so I will answer myself. I have returned from vacations over a month now but I have been very busy with my life due to the current financial crisis in Greece and Globally. As a result I quit my job today because I cannot stand to do work of 3 people and to be unpaid for 3 months. Things are very tough here in Greece but I hope we will manage it. This information I give does not mean that I will abandon my mod projects, even for Napoleon for which I have promised I will make a mod. I just have to settle better in my real life and this will delay my modding efforts.

Keep visiting my total war mod forums and you will find new works. For Empire Total War I have made a new formation system for example.

malkekoen's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    ... even for Napoleon for which I have promised I will make a mod. I just have to settle better in my real life and this will delay my modding efforts.
    Wow I didn't know that. Maybe a chance to actually *try* Napoleon as I so far found it too cartoonish. Great!

Things are very tough here in Greece but I hope we will manage it.
    Yes it's tough times. I go to Greece fairly often, so I know what you mean. It's really tough. We have our fingers crossed.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

I cannot afford a secretary so I will answer myself. I have returned from vacations over a month now but I have been very busy with my life due to the current financial crisis in Greece and Globally. As a result I quit my job today because I cannot stand to do work of 3 people and to be unpaid for 3 months. Things are very tough here in Greece but I hope we will manage it. This information I give does not mean that I will abandon my mod projects, even for Napoleon for which I have promised I will make a mod. I just have to settle better in my real life and this will delay my modding efforts.

Keep visiting my total war mod forums and you will find new works. For Empire Total War I have made a new formation system for example.
    Your people have endured the Persian attacks, the Romas sieges and the Ottoman rulers.
    I'm sure that you guys will get through this crisis too.

I sincerely hope that your country will get through this one, and that the E.M.U. will support you whenever you need it.

resthal's Avatar Libertus

Hey CA!
    Did you hear that? He quit his day job! Get him on your payroll ASAP!
    No, seriously!
    Hang in there Darth. We - in Europe at least - know what your country is going through and we hope you pull through.
    Best wishes for a speedy return!

...never crap on the pelt before the bear is shot...

I can't believe that,even with the current situation in Greece,even with no job,you continue modding,making formations,versions and keeping track of the forum.You are a true hero Darth.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

We are all busy for the moment due to different reasons but fear not DMS will be back with a vengeance when the time is right.
    Im sure it wont be to long though until things are back to normal so just bare with us and keep checking in!

Why not start a paypal donor tab - I for one would donate since I love your mods.
    Kittyshark is pleased to see you!

riknap's Avatar Miles
    A former Spanish Colony, then an American Commonwealth, then an independent Republic

They're (ie. modders are) legally prohibited from being given donations for their work in modifications, at least that's what I remember. Of course, you could always gift him more directly in appreciation of his efforts, like several members of these forums in gifting him DMS and the DLC via steam.
    Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember
    Nothing is true.
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember
    Everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Baldos's Avatar Tiro

The economy is not doing much better in the US. We are in our own “lost decade” unemployment is still going up as is under employment. Getting a job after graduating from university is a dream/nightmare and we pay/borrow for our degrees. I know people with $60,000 in student loans who can’t find a job……Those born after WW2 who now run things really dropped the ball on the next few generations. Humans have and always will “endeavor to persevere” that is just history!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldos View Post
    The economy is not doing much better in the US. We are in our own “lost decade” unemployment is still going up as is under employment. Getting a job after graduating from university is a dream/nightmare and we pay/borrow for our degrees. I know people with $60,000 in student loans who can’t find a job……Those born after WW2 who now run things really dropped the ball on the next few generations. Humans have and always will “endeavor to persevere” that is just history!
    ... wait, arn't the jobs supposed to be trickling down, any day now?

j/k

Anyhow, good luck Darth, we're all suffering pretty bad (we being the bottom 75%)

gunnergoz's Avatar Foederatus

Darth,
    Sorry to hear of your situation. I thank you for your efforts and hope that things improve for you soon. With your talent, something is bound to come along to to your advantage. We appreciate your spirit and wish you the best.

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

If one should be hired by CA that's Darth.
    The game is so flawed that you actually wonder if they have betas at all but with the contribution of a guy who knows so much about the mechanics and is so well known by the community it would mean a constant highly reliable feedback he could translate himself into concrete proposals for development that ultimately would benefit CA.

Hope for the best, Darth... we in Italy are just behind you in Greece and there's riots under the Parliament every odd day.

Alan.rio's Avatar Libertus

Darth, sorry to hear you had to quit your job, tough times for everyone, but it must be especially frustrating to live in Greece at this time. Keep your chin up, its a time of change and it will all come back around to happy days again.

In the mean time, we have the total war series and your mods to keep us occupied

Please set up a Paypal donate account, you provide a service to us, and especially since times are so difficult for you we all should help out a little.

A darth mod for Napoleon would be awesome, I just finished reading the entire series of Sharpe novels, followed by the Patrick O' Brien "Aubrey-Maturin" series (of Master and commander fame) and then the entire Horatio Hornblower series. So after reading nearly 60 historical fiction novels about the Napoleonic wars, I'm really looking forward to getting back into Napoleon total war, but there are no mods existing that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldos View Post
    Than i am very happy with 605,00 Euro for the half Year in Germany. Next Year they finnally cancle the study fees, cause the right party won =)

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Question answered by Darth.
    Discussions regarding the current state of economy are offtopic and should be posted elsewhere.
    Locked.