Thread: Minimzed UI?

Default Minimzed UI?

Thanks for your help. I want to take some mad screenshots!

Default Re: Is there a Show/Hide UI - Toggle UI On/OFF Button ?

Quote Originally Posted by grandtomatoe View Post
    Thanks for your help. I want to take some mad screenshots!
    Unfortunately, unlike previous TW games, the lower UI in Shogun appears to be fixed--there is no on/off toggle that I am aware of. The minimap can be toggled of and on with the 'o' key or also minimized by clicking a small triangular tab in it's upper right hand corner. The only way to get rid of the lower UI/HUD in screenies taken while in actual battle would be to crop them out of the shot afterwards.

However, if one records the battle, there is no lower UI in the replay. There will still be a minimap, but it can stll be minimized by clicking its tab. Oddly the "o" button does not seem to control it in the the replays. I'm not sure it this is a minor bug or intended.

The replays are generally where I take my screenies due to the freedom of not having to contol anything.

Cheers
    Last edited by Forward Observer; May 17, 2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Biarchus

Default Minimzed UI?

Has anyone been able to figure out how to minimize the ui while in a battle? I changed the line in the preferences.txt file to "true," but that does not seem to work. Also, the F5,F6 and F7 feature doesn't work with this game. If anyone has cracked this mystery your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Minimzed UI?

I've wanted this also but did a quick search and came up with this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t=minimized+ui

Not sure if it is still true, i.e., they have changed it or not, but I think there would be more info if it were different. So I'd say the answer is still no.

k_161's Avatar Miles

I missed the feature where the UI and unit cards will only appear when you mouse over them.

"No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore I am no beast"