This is an excerpt from the TWCenter Wiki, outlining the basic difference between Amazon:Total War - Reignited, aka Amazon:Total War 6.0 and Amzon Total War 3.0. I thought I post it here to enable public feedback and discussion.
Amazon:Total War - Reignited
This is a sequel to Subrosa's Amazon TW 3.0c mod. This mod is more of a tribute to ancient matriarchal societies based on anthropological data, not fantasy.
The following are the differences of Reignited mod vs the 3.0c mod which are outlined below
- As mentioned above, the Reignited mod is less fantasy based, more relied on archaeology and interpretations of current anthropological theories.
- The Reignited mod is more about women cavalry, as most ancient horses are mostly 12 hands tall (about 48 inches), women have distinct advantages as cavalry soldiers.
- The four Amazon factions have been renamed to reflect the lesser fantasy nature of the mod. With the fourth faction relocated to the eastern shore of Azov Sea.
- A serious attempt at establishing a direct relationship between the unit's equipment (animation skin, aka texture) and its cost of recruiting and upkeep.
- fabrics and garments are expensive and time consuming to mass produce, so wherever possible, light or non-elite units are using animal pelts or otherwise wear very little clothing.
- chain mail armors are extremely expensive and labor intensive to make.
So the textures have shown most chain mail armor suits removed or reduced, Instead most chain mails are worn as linkage or joining pieces between two major armor components.
- iron armored units are more expensive to maintain, iron rust away rather quickly, whereas the copper alloy are lessly so.
Fact is, some copper alloy are 90% as hard as the most advanced modern day steel, so there is very little incentive for factions switch to all iron armor. Only swords, spearhead, arrow tips are made of iron.
- The Egyptians are more Ptolemaic-like, so the generals are shown to be Greeks, the characters are still Egyptian in appearance as it is customary for the Ptolemaic court to retain dual cultural identities.
- more missile weapons are added,
. carriage ballista . large composite bow . giant composite bow . giant double composite bow . double bow . mano-ballista, or man-portable ballista- more type of missiles are added, such as,
. iron cased lead shot . sacred fire weapon . javelin-like arrows for giant composite bow- The mod is more about how a small but highly mobile force with stand-off missile capabilies can destroy a vast enemy force.
- All Amazon characters, diplomat, and agents are now women.
- with very few exceptions, most Amazon elite units are equestrian, not on foot.
- most Amazon units are less Hellenized, and more Phrygian or Central Asian in armors and appearance.
And their appearance is Caucasian because many modern day "Europeans" are in fact originated from the areas of Azov Sea,
At the time around 270BCE, they are mostly still around their ancestral homeland, anthropologically speaking.
- Because of the timeline stated above, most Amazon units are more light haired with colored eyes, as they are the progenitors of
many modern European people.
Balanced Unit Modeling or B.U.M. [Revised January 18th, 2013]
So in the Amazon:Total War - Reignited, there are criterion of six considerations, some called them Parthian Shot's Six Laws.
The game can no longer recruit full chain mail armored unit of 160 warriors from a tiny community of 700 with only a metal smith in town,
- Law #1. Community infrastructure, Unit cost and unit texture must be tied together to show direct relationships.
Only factions with highly developed industrial complex can field units with full chain mail suits.
- Law #2. Chain mails are expensive and time consuming to manufacture, and where possible, use of chain mails should be minimize to limb armor, or used as linkage between two plate armor piece.
Line unit or light unit should either have animal skin or animal pelts as clothing, or have as little clothing as possible. only aristocratic or patrician units or patrician units should have full 'uniform's.
- Law #3. Since iron rusts easily, units with iron armors and armor accessories are given higher recruiting as well as upkeeping costs.
- Law #4. Units with full garment are given higher cost for recruiting and upkeeping, as clothings are expensive and time consuming to fabricate.
This is based on archaeological observation as well as extrapolated anthropological theories that units with less protected backs are less likely to turn tails and run away from a fight. It also reduces the cost of equipping such a combat unit.
- Law #5. Line Units should have frontal full armors only, with their backs more exposed or more vulnerable.
- Law #6. Light unit is not light if their foot gear can not afford them to run faster through most terrains. So the true light infantry units must have proper footwear to match. The gear must protect the individual soldier from brush, thicket, and allow the individual to crawl, if the capability says the unit can disappear in high grass.